All I Can Do Is Laugh At This Point

I think I've just accepted the fact at this point that it's the best imagined game in history with the worst technical application in history. I keep giving them my money at the start of every league and then cuss the TV screen all league for doing so as the game conspires against me in every way. It's almost like the game is mocking me for being stupid enough to keep opening my wallet.
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2018, 8:48:29 AM
Sorry? The game is mocking you for opening your wallet every League?
Well, you don´t have to open your wallet and spend your cash on this game unless you WANT to. You know that, don´t you?

And not sure what you mean with the sentence when you say: I keep giving them my money at the start of every league and then cuss the TV screen all league for doing so as the game conspires against me in every way.

What does cuss the TV screen, actually means? You mean kiss?

Sorry, but not following you totally here in everything.
Cuss = using naughty words. Yea, I spend money to support the game because I keep hoping they will improve the quality. On xbox we still have huge trading issues, we still have no ability to chat with other players, many of us have rubber banding and disconnects, and other glitches that are too many to name. It's an awesome game in many respects, hence why I'm still playing. It's just obvious they don't have the ability to pull it off from a technical aspect.
Last edited by Pbfloyd2112 on Apr 23, 2018, 12:14:58 PM
I am experiencing the same feelings. Every start of a league my hopes are up, i spend money hoping, now that the content is done, they might work on some important stuff, like trading and desync and other xbox specific features, just to end up frustrated after a month where just nothing happened. Well not nothing, they increased it from 5 to 10 trades, which is internally a number, but already has a huge impact. Many request we have a minor changes, that would just make this version so much more enjoyable.

Whats the most disturbing is things on the table like pricing a whole stashtab, it was in, just broken, then it was like we are working on it soon, then it just faded. But announcing they wanna work on that battle royal thing... Sorry, but if this comes before desync it would be anyway unplayable...
You say you hope they will improve the quality of the game. Well, I will say they are actually doing that, when they are releasing new Updates and Leagues on a regular basis, like they do. Thanks to the fact that people like their game and wants to spend their money on MTX´s and the Supporter Packs they do give out.
Without it, they would certainly not be able to give out it all. Developing extra Content for their players costs money. Maintenance costs money. Tech & Support costs money. Servers costs money. Making sure everything goes around 24 hrs a day costs money. Developers wants money, of course. They too want to put bread on their table to eat, you know. Developing a game costs money.
And so yes, everything costs money. And it does cost more then you sometimes actually believe it would.

And some even believe that Game Developers are loaded with tons of cash and makes Millions, if not Billions. Sorry, but that is not the case.

And then there is this you say about Trading Issues, and may so be. Quite frankly I don´t bother trading much at all. But given some time, it´ll be fixed I assume. And you are not able to write in some kind of Chat? Well, do you really, really need to? Actually, personally I´m kinda glad to know that it is not available, cause it would probably take my attention away from the actual game too much if I didn´t turn it off, but this too will be fixed with some time. Good thing it´s very easy to use your Mic when in a group at least, and do want to be in a group.

And then this issue with the rubber banding and disconnects. Only one who can actually do something about that issue is Internet provider people are using. In MOST cases anyway.

And last for this post. Yes, you are allowed to use time using naughty and other you know words in front of your screen while playing and well, ahem, cough... LOL.
"
Kundarin wrote:
You say you hope they will improve the quality of the game. Well, I will say they are actually doing that, when they are releasing new Updates and Leagues on a regular basis, like they do. Thanks to the fact that people like their game and wants to spend their money on MTX´s and the Supporter Packs they do give out.
Without it, they would certainly not be able to give out it all. Developing extra Content for their players costs money. Maintenance costs money. Tech & Support costs money. Servers costs money. Making sure everything goes around 24 hrs a day costs money. Developers wants money, of course. They too want to put bread on their table to eat, you know. Developing a game costs money.
And so yes, everything costs money. And it does cost more then you sometimes actually believe it would.

And some even believe that Game Developers are loaded with tons of cash and makes Millions, if not Billions. Sorry, but that is not the case.

And then there is this you say about Trading Issues, and may so be. Quite frankly I don´t bother trading much at all. But given some time, it´ll be fixed I assume. And you are not able to write in some kind of Chat? Well, do you really, really need to? Actually, personally I´m kinda glad to know that it is not available, cause it would probably take my attention away from the actual game too much if I didn´t turn it off, but this too will be fixed with some time. Good thing it´s very easy to use your Mic when in a group at least, and do want to be in a group.

And then this issue with the rubber banding and disconnects. Only one who can actually do something about that issue is Internet provider people are using. In MOST cases anyway.

And last for this post. Yes, you are allowed to use time using naughty and other you know words in front of your screen while playing and well, ahem, cough... LOL.

First he was not talking bat about PoE, it was the XBox version.

Content creation costs money, but its kinda idependent of the xbox version as its just a port, and the content is already financed of the pc playerbase anyway. Maintenance etc ofc, they have.

About Game developers being rich, I would say it totally depends who it is. But yeah I wouldn't say GGG is in general just milking a cash cow. They are providing lots of content to make this highly complex game even bigger. But that doesn't change the fact, that xbox needs some more basic support.

Ok you don*t care about trading, well I bet the mayority does and the forums are full of requests which are being widely ignored so far.

Rubber banding and desync in that case are mostly not the ISPs. They already said why they are having issues and that they are trying to fix it. It hardly can be the ISP, if the game has no rubber banding using the same connection on PC, and it has on xbox. IIRC its related to input lags of the controller on the xbox and probably related to the MS network. But yeah, they are working on it for over half a year now. Last communication was last year.

Well we all have different expectations to the game, different prios, but yeah I am on his side on this one. I am totally riding the same rollercoaster here.
Ok, CuriousGrel.

Kinda independent of the Xbox version as it´s just a port, you say. JUST a port?
Didn´t you know that Ports do cost quite a bunch of money and work? In case you didn´t know, it indeed does. I was in fact surprised to how much the cost is.

I too thought a port was JUST a port once, until I actually asked a Game Developer.

And did you see that I actually wrote I do not care that MUCH about Trading? Didn´t say I don´t care AT ALL.
I didn't say a port is cheap or doesn't cost anything, but you said they need money to create content. This they don't need from the port. And the game itself is good, just the port itself is lacking finetuning. So yeah I would say the port wasn't a success yet, even its already making profit for ggg, at least thats what they said.

I would really prefer to skip one league and have them focus on the "port" and give us most of the things that are working on pc already. An easier way to find a group, guilds, some more improvements to the trade system, stash tab pricing. I think the lack of those things are causing a lot of toxicity in the community. Like: pricing each item, takes way too long, then you get ridiculous offers, then you decline, ppl are pissed and argue then set a stupid price. I can understand the frustration of the buyer, but also of the seller. Special stuff like enchantments, are kinda impossible to find.Its all adding up, making the players salty.

"just" a port , that isn't ready yet. I think it was premature to relase it, if they cannot work on the base, because they are too busy to catch up with all the changes every 3 months.

If it would be an independent game and the devs would just keep adding new content while the base is flawed, people would abandon the game. Would kinda be a regular early access story on steam. At least my opinion.
Getting a little disheartened as well.

While it's nice to see patches getting about as close apart as one can expect from the PC to Xbox, it seems like everything else is just being ignored. Just a couple of examples, what happened to the ability to select what server we play on? What happened to the ability to control zoom level? Both of these things were stated as works in progress and i have heard nothing about either since.

Just being able to pick my server will help with my Desync by leaps and bounds, if it works out the same for me as when playing from my PC. Washington server is my best ping but is nowhere as smooth as when i select Texas server, and right now im always forced playing on the Wash server on the xbox.

Theres a bunch of other things they said they were working on as well, that seem to have just gone to the wayside. As much as i like playing from the comfort of my bed, im getting close to just hiking back to play from my Den to be honest.

Dont get me started on leapslam 'sigh'
It could be "the" game on xbox. But seems they just don't put in the resources into it, what they would need. So many tradeboard/stashtab related things, are all done by ONE programmer, who is always busy or away. Quoting from some older posts, around xmas. He will work on it once he is back and this came up several times after as well. Seems this guy is mostly on holidays or occupied by other things. Just get this guy some help. I mean you already stated that the xbox version is generating profit, now its time to round it up and get this thing take off. The combination of silence and this always popping up message of, we added new MTX is really not making you look so well. And if you are working 24/7 with lots of overtime and don't share it with us, how could we know, the patchnotes indicate the opposite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info