[3.2] Voidforge Cyclone Elementalist 1 mil DPS Semi budget

The Voidforge Cyclone Elementalist is a great all around character to fly through maps if you enjoy the Cyclone playstyle. She maps fairly well and I've killed tier 15 elder, guardians and shaper. I don't know if she is uber elder viable but I don't think she can do it in her current state.

I chose Elementalist due to the all resistance penetration and the minimum shock and chill effects.

Pros-
Cyclone playstyle can be fun
More than enough damage for mapping through tier 16's
Semi budget friendly for a Voidforge build
Does everything decently besides uber elder
Tankier than expected. 8600 effective health vs elemental with loreweave and Wise oak
Not as dependent on flasks for damage as much as some crit builds are
Budget should be 12-15 ex which is fairly cheap for a voidforge build

Cons-
There is some ramping up due to EO, Shock and Hypothermia although we take measures to minimize this
Is an all around Character but will never boss as fast as some boss killers or clear as fast as a wanderer.

Gear

Spoiler

With the voidforge try to get the highest % phyiscal damage as possible as this will make a big difference in DPS. You only need one 6 link and one 5 link for this build.

For cyclone I prefer the move speed of devoto's and the dps and dex helps as well. Abyssus is possible but but since we don't crit it only adds 15% more damage which I don't feel is worth it due to the damage taken loss in movespeed. Getting the reduced herald mana reservation is very good also.

For rings we need life and resistances, flat physical damage and accuracy is also important. On my second ring I chose just to get resistances and life in order to triple balance the wise oak. But you could just get a better ring and not worry about the triple balance.

Need high life and high resistances here. We have multiple pieces of gear that we dont get live or resistances on so we need it on our Jewelry and belt. WED is nice here also if you can get it.

I believe that the loreweave it the best all around attack armor. %80 resistances increase you effective life against elemental damage by 25% more which is much more than a belly of the best would give and the armor also gives 15% more damage as well as more crit to proc EO more often.

High flat phys is very important here and you will need life and res as well as accuracy if you didn't get enough of the rings.

The storm charger boots are very good boots for this build. Rare boots with live move speed and resistances can also work but these boots give around 17% more damage when you factor in the increased shock damage and the shock duration is good as well.

I prefer tombfist for this build but for a more tanky version you could just get life attack speed res and accuracy.

Flasks
Spoiler

Lions roar and The wise oak are good DPS flasks that also add defensive utility
Quicksilver is a must for cyclone to feel good
Use whichever life flask you prefer
The fifth flask is optional. I prefer Basalt to be tankier but a Silver Flask could also work.

Jewels
Spoiler

Life and attack speed are ideal. Abyss jewels with flat phys, life and shock effectiveness work well also

Watchers Eye converting phys to cold if you are going the Hatred route.

Gem Links
Spoiler

Cyclone-Hypothermia-Elemental damage with attacks-Melee Physical damage-Damage on Full life and Increased area/Concentrated effect.

Herald of Ice-Herald of Thunder-Herald of Ash-Hatred-Elighten at least level 3.

Leap Slam-Fortify-Faster attacks-Blood Magic(low mana pools so blood magic is necessary)

Cast when damage taken-Immortal call-increased duration(helps with tankyness and procs Arakaali)

Orb of Storms-Increased crit(Helpful to proc EO more reliably vs bosses)

Blood rage
Lightning Golem
Ancestral protector

Enchants
Spoiler

Helm must be a reduced herald mana reservation if you want to use Hatred and the watchers eye. Luckily this is a very cheap enchant to buy right now.

Boots I believe that increased crit chance is better but the shock and freeze enchant can work as well.

A note on Mana. This build is very tight on mana so we take a few measures to fix this. If you dont want to do it, it isn't necessary but the Hatred and watchers eye add around 16% dps, which is about 10% more than you could get with a different expensive jewel. A level 4 enlighten is nice but a level 3 will work and then reduced herald reservation enchant will leave us enough to cast Cyclone. I also like to get a little mana and reduced mana cost on the tree in spots where they come with other good mods IE life and accuracy.

POB link
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/NJ4JR1XD

I didn't check shocked but the shock effectiveness should be 31% so make sure to add that damage into your calculation.

Video's
Spoiler

Tier 16 Haunted Mansion with 5 sextants
https://youtu.be/VjHyTdYSUTs

Shaper 3rd phase. I would add all the phases but not sure how to splice them together, this was my first time making a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlDv1OkkeYk

Let me know if you have any more questions and suggestions that I can add to the build.

Last edited by Meno80 on Apr 16, 2018, 10:38:06 PM
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2018, 7:33:31 AM
First of all great build. Much better than the VF cyclone elementalist I came up with. My tree is actually awful lol (in my defense, it's the first time I tried creating a build). I only have a couple suggestions. This sounds odd, but Deidbellow is actually really good for VF cyclone. Vs Devoto's, you gain phys instead of losing it. Downsides being losing leech on low life (which is usually when you flask so mostly a non-issue) and you have to warcry, but I don't mind it as enduring cry helps a bunch anyway. It adds about 100k dps to the build.

Only other suggestion is for those who can't afford a 6L Loreweave. Shroud of the Lightless is easy enough to 5L and gives you 37% more ele penetration as the free sixth link. You lose out on 100kish dps and boosted max resists, but you do gain almost 10% evade chance, shade form, and an abyssal socket to play around with. 6L Loreweave certainly reigns supreme, but SotL is another decent option if you can't seem to get a 6L Loreweave.

Thanks for posting the build! I might respec into your tree and see if I can't salvage my poor witch xD
Thanks for checking out the build. I’ll have to plug that helm in when I get the chance. A couple problems though are no one enchants those so I can’t get the herald reservation on it for cheap like the devoto’s. The other issue is that I really think that cyclone feels bad without a good amount of movespeed and the devoto’s is great at that.

Shroud of the lightless is a good secondary option for a chest armor if you can’t afford a 6l loreweave. Honestly I hadn’t noticed that I was so cheap now. I had thought they were still around 5 ex.

If you do decide to check it out let me know how it goes, I’m interested in other people’s results.
Giving it a bump :) played the hurricane voidforge Raider version. It was pretty cool and fast. Mathil started the same idea like the forum guide yesterday. Im curious what he will change. His first thought was an elementalist too but raider it was. Some cool Voidforge builds finally growing :)
RPGee auf Youtube. Deutsche PoE Beginner-Guides und mehr.
For some reason, when I import your tree to POB the tree won't show up. Can you put another POB tree link or to an online site? I am very interested as I couldn't build a viable witch voidforge one.

Also, do you think by any chance a witch can work with Abyssus?
Thanks to both of you for checking it out. For some reason the tree wasn't centered. I have a new POB link up now.

Edit: to answer your abyssus question I do think it can work but if you are using EO it only adds about 15% more damage. To me that wasn’t worth the decreased movespeed or survivability
Last edited by Meno80 on Apr 15, 2018, 12:54:04 PM
I added a video section including the Shaper final phase and a tier 16 elder haunted mansion with 5 sextants.
What to take out on a 5l?
"
Only other suggestion is for those who can't afford a 6L Loreweave. Shroud of the Lightless is easy enough to 5L and gives you 37% more ele penetration as the free sixth link. You lose out on 100kish dps and boosted max resists, but you do gain almost 10% evade chance, shade form, and an abyssal socket to play around with. 6L Loreweave certainly reigns supreme, but SotL is another decent option if you can't seem to get a 6L Loreweave.

What link would you drop in shroud?
I would replace damage on full life as it is the least consistent. You could possibly drop hypothermia instead if you were only mapping and almost always at full life. I wouldn’t consider dropping any of the other options though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info