YouTuber Tarl "Styxhexenhammer" Warwick announces independent run for governor of Vermont

https://youtu.be/j-Q8t7K6Sas

Is this how we finally shatter two-party control of the US political system, or are write-in social-media candidates a ridiculous pipe dream?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 12, 2018, 11:55:03 AM
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2018, 6:03:22 AM
...I don't know if I'm ready for 'YouTube Personality' to be a primary determining attribute of someone fit to command high political office in my country yet...

I mean, maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully, even! The Governator did good work in California. But I lived in Jesse Ventura's Minnesota; he tried, I will definitely give him that, but...glrrrgh.

I'm just really hoping that people getting into office who don't know the job for schyte and end up doing a piss-poor job because they ran on their media stardom instead of competence doesn't scare people off of not voting for eighteenth century mummies anymore.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Is this how we finally shatter two-party control of the US political system, or are write-in social-media candidates a ridiculous pipe dream?

its kind of the structure of our elections that create the two party system
I dont see any any key!
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

You cannot change the 2 party system without changing the voting system. (Like runoff's or something).

Good luck convincing the 2 parties to agree to destroy the 2 party system.
I dunno 'bout that, Khor. I would not put zero odds on massive civil uprisings within our lifetime at this point, at the rate we're going. Violent armed rebellion, probably not...but the system's already under a lot of stress, especially if the country is actually willing to take somebody called "Styxhexenhammer" seriously for a governorship. DOn't get me wrong, I love me my Internet handles, part of the magic of the Intarwebz is being able to build your own identity however you please...but you don't run for high office on your Internet handle.

Except apparently you do now. And that should be a strong Warning Sign for the formaldehyde-sucking zombies in Congress right now, I would think.
Last edited by 1453R on Apr 12, 2018, 1:24:50 PM
It is correct that it would be exceptionally difficult to affect the two party system from within the system. Establishment politics has a stranglehold duopololy on establishment politics. Externally, change can be affected, but only with a sufficiently large Wrecking Ball. Ironically, Miley YouTube may be the answer.

That’s what all of this congressional hearing nonsense is about. Everbody knew (or should have known) that Facebook is a people farm, and the g-men are scared because they’re supposed to run the human livestock industry. Sadly, looks like Zuckerberg may be willing to pass over the reins, free of charge. We’ll see.

Anyways, no idea who this guy is, but it’s a nice and novel idea that may be honed for future use. More likely, the g-men just move deeper into the new Wild West.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Apr 12, 2018, 2:56:46 PM
I'd vote for this guy in a heartbeat. From what I've listened of his stuff, I mostly agree with his logical reasoning (tho he's prone to rambling, but at least his ramblings are fun). Certainly more appealing than the average shirt & suit wearing bureocratic drone reading from a teleprompter.

The two party system is bollocks, when both parties are congealing into a super-corrupt centrist ideology and differ only in small nuances (more guns / less guns, more abortion / less abortion, more gay parades / less gay parades). The left/right dichotomy is long dead. The liberal/conservative dichotomy is almost extinct too. Most parties ruling the West are now globalist and elitist, meaning they rule to benefit big corp. elites & banks, and not the nation.

Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders were both unusual populist candidates, that HAD to run inside this two party system, to even had a chance. But as we have seen, this corrupt system will chew you and spit you out or assimilate you.

What's the fkin difference between Repubs & Demorats when they both favour mass immigration, just with slightly different numbers? When both agree on spying on your private life? When they both put your future in massive debt? What's the difference when they are both warmongering globalists, on the payroll of Big Industry Inc.?

For the past ~20 years, you are just choosing which of the two royal families will get the spoils of war for the next 4 or 8 years. Will it be the Clintonite mafia or the Bushevist mobsters? The situation in Eurocuckland is not better, despite us having "multiparty" systems. Almost everyone is still congealing into a blob of globalist & elitist politics.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Apr 13, 2018, 4:40:16 AM
Oh wow, I remember this guy. I used to watch his videos here and there a long time ago.

Iirc he's a satanist though? Pretty sure that would've been one hell of an interesting point of discussion.
Neocons and Neoliberals are too similar on too many issues, like Morbo said. Things became increasingly polarized with Trump's election, but Trump has proven to be nothing more than a shill for the war hawks in Washington, DC. Which is something he specifically campaigned against. [Removed by Support]

The truth is, the USA is far more divided politically than the options for political representation that we have available, and this is why the 2 party system is faltering.

I would rather see a situation where you have 4-5 parties, with each getting 15-25% of the vote, and the top two have a run-off election should none of them get 50%. US politics isn't competitive, and this lack of competition makes it really easy for corporations and special interests to simply buy off the political system.

The biggest barriers to opening up the political system in the USA to a larger playing field is campaign finance laws, and lobbying. The primary reason 3rd party candidates can't be competitive is because they can't compete with the 2 party behemoths on fund raising. It should be about who's got the best ideas, not who raised the most money for TV ads to slam their opponents.

The USA's system just completely sucks.
Last edited by Dave_GGG on Apr 15, 2018, 9:15:02 PM
"

Iirc he's a satanist though? Pretty sure that would've been one hell of an interesting point of discussion.

Most people who claim to be Satanists are just being edgy. Anti-Christian would better define them. I'm anti-Christian, and I've thrown out the occasional "AVE LUCIFER!" on the internet just to make Christians mad. Under some user name with 666 in it, using Aleister Crowley as an avatar. Doesn't mean I seriously believe it.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 13, 2018, 11:49:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info