What's your opinion about stat sticks?

I'd like to hear/read a couple of opinions on this topic.

Is the meta getting stale? Are there options to get around them (besides some unique builds)?
What do you think about them in general?

Spoiler
I for myself would like to see them nerfed to a point where only a single mod can be rolled at the same time. Two are already insanely op and everything beyond that is plain broken.

Attack based builds are dominated by stat sticks and so are spells. "Phys -> convert and add" is the way to go. Even warchief/other totem builds are pretty much forced into phys spells to compete dmg-wise.

RF, summoner and some "stat stacking" builds like Whispering Ice, Howa and Lead sprinkler are the only bastion which stands against the stat stick world.
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2018, 4:26:30 AM
You forgot bow builds, Poet's pen builds, all kinds of frost blade / molten strike builds, all kinds of elemental spell builds... There are only 2 "archetypes" of build that actually profit from stat sticks which is BF/Reave/Sunder "Melee" characters and phys spell builds (EK, GC, BV). Those are not even the meta builds.

Stat sticks are very strong / OP for a couple of builds, but even more OP stuff outperforms them in terms of fast map clearing and bossing imo. So yes, there are kinda OP in the sense that there is no real alternative to those in specific builds, but not OP enough on the grand scale of things.
Pretty strong and I wouldn't even say OP however it does piss me off that it makes most 2hand dogshit but I'm not going to be a whining WHAAAAAA PLZ NURRRF.

Just improve 2 handers somehow lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
not used one and can't say I care about how other people play, if they enjoy using them, good, if you don't like them, don't use them. easy
there is nothign to win in this game, why are people so obsessed with how others play? play what you enjoy and let others play what they enjoy, there is no 'winning' in this game
Stat sticks are definitely OP, combined with the improved by recent patches ele damage (jewels, items, skill tree support).

Expect stat sticks heavily nerfed in near future. This applies to any intentionally OP features specially designed to serve as play toys for the masses with the intention to keep them online for longer.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
I think they're exploiting a flaw in the design that the developers simply haven't figured out how they want to fix. It makes zero sense from a gaming perspective that you should benefit more from an item that you CAN'T use than one that you can.

They might never fix it. They might think it's cute. I think it makes their game look silly and is an embarrassment.
I actually really like the idea of stat-sticks, as in a weapon that you hold in you offhand just for the stats. It gives some weapons a niche use when they can't hold up dmg wise. Anyways I also feel that the shaper sticks are too powerful and I almost feel compelled to use one. I don't like to feel like I'm gimping myself just by using non-phys spell.
On attack builds they kinda have the abyss jewels as a couterwight, so there I feel not as impacted. I_NO is right though: 2handers are suffering from this and could use a lotta love rn.
"
BundesHeinz wrote:

On attack builds they kinda have the abyss jewels as a couterwight, so there I feel not as impacted.

Stat sticks the thread is about mostly work with attack skills, with few underused phys spells in addition.
So it's not about counterweight, but more damage for ele attack builds, out of thin air.

"
krenderke wrote:
Stat sticks work with phys spells as well, GC, BV, EK etc.

True, corrected.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Apr 12, 2018, 7:19:43 AM
"
torturo wrote:

Stat sticks the thread is about only work with attack skills.
So it's not about counterweight, but more damage in addition.

Stat sticks work with phys spells as well, GC, BV, EK etc.

Btw it doesn't make sense imo either, that a limp hand would give you more dmg, than if it had an actual weapon in it.

Last edited by krenderke on Apr 12, 2018, 7:18:51 AM
"
torturo wrote:
"
BundesHeinz wrote:

On attack builds they kinda have the abyss jewels as a couterwight, so there I feel not as impacted.

Stat sticks the thread is about mostly work with attack skills, with few underused phys spells in addition.
So it's not about counterweight, but more damage for ele attack builds, out of thin air.

They work on phys-spells and therefore make them in most cases a better choice than ele spells. Phys seplls like Ek or GC are NOT AT ALL underused.
On weapons they work when your build is based on physical damage (with or without conversion) but those builds don't benefit as much from flat added damage from abyss jewels. Then there are builds like Windripper that use flat ele damage as base and benefit incredibly from those jewels but can't use shaped stat-sticks. So yes, there is some kind of counterweight going on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info