How is using a private indexer not bannable?

So I've posted before how private indexers are still around and some people disagree while others have agreed they are still around. Their are other discussions on it and of course people have said its something you cant really prove someone is using anyways. I would have to object and say you can prove who's using them and whos not. If you can't see the item being posted on either trade site but you're getting whisper's asap, then its safe to say they're using a private indexer. Yes, this is not a 100% proven fact but you could alter the sites to have a slightly longer pause before posting to further bring out those who use the index's. If it can be proven regardless of what i said above, how is it not a bannable offense?
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2018, 3:45:09 AM
How else are they supposed to get mirrors from new players for 5 chaos? GGG doesnt care, they openly support cheating and scamming.

You only get banned or put on probation for REPORTING scammers, ask INo about that.
"
JCOH35 wrote:
How else are they supposed to get mirrors from new players for 5 chaos? GGG doesnt care, they openly support cheating and scamming.

You only get banned or put on probation for REPORTING scammers, ask INo about that.

Is that a separate program btw that allows you to see everyone's stash and see how many mirrors etc are on the server? I remember that being a pretty big deal quite awhile ago and GGG said the people who were doing that were not doing anything bannable or wrong. I think that also went with the staves too? Where that elitist player [Removed by Support] was making crazyyyyy money by practically stealing peoples mirrors. I dont have the whole story on that but they tie together kind of, sorry I got a bit off track there.

*corrected a name*
Last edited by Dave_GGG on Apr 11, 2018, 6:14:46 PM
Keep your mind open to the Multiverse view of existance. Somewhere in another parallel universe there is a GGG that will not add Bestiary to the core of PoE (too bad it's not in this one). But I'm catching up on the Starz Sci-Fi series Counterpart and am still vague on what kind of experiment went wrong that caused a portal to open between 2 parallel universes so if come June in this universe GGG does add Bestiary to the core PoE don't ask me how you can move/shift/crossover (whatever) to another where that GGG didn't add Bestiary to the PoE core game. Sorry, I don't have an answer.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Keep your mind open to the Multiverse view of existance. Somewhere in another parallel universe there is a GGG that will not add Bestiary to the core of PoE (too bad it's not in this one). But I'm catching up on the Starz Sci-Fi series Counterpart and am still vague on what kind of experiment went wrong that caused a portal to open between 2 parallel universes so if come June in this universe GGG does add Bestiary to the core PoE don't ask me how you can move/shift/crossover (whatever) to another where that GGG didn't add Bestiary to the PoE core game. Sorry, I don't have an answer.

Not sure what any of this has to do with the post lol....

Also I guess I got the name right on the issue I said above as it was removed from the staff? I don't even know why it was removed, lol.
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:
So I've posted before how private indexers are still around and some people disagree while others have agreed they are still around. Their are other discussions on it and of course people have said its something you cant really prove someone is using anyways. I would have to object and say you can prove who's using them and whos not. If you can't see the item being posted on either trade site but you're getting whisper's asap, then its safe to say they're using a private indexer. Yes, this is not a 100% proven fact but you could alter the sites to have a slightly longer pause before posting to further bring out those who use the index's. If it can be proven regardless of what i said above, how is it not a bannable offense?

tbh, I think its just a low priority on GGs things to do. They are still a small staff and stuff like is just not on the list of things to do.

I consider it kinda like a loot-filter since people do often have it set-up while they play the game. So, not quite as bad as botting. And at the end of the day its relatively easy to set-up and if you are determined to do it. You can always get around any safety nets that GG puts up. Just not worth the time to get rid of it vs new content & bug updates.

"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:

Not sure what any of this has to do with the post lol....

I think he was so triggered by the league that he forgot what question you were asking. lol.
(⌐■_■)
Why it should be bannable?
"
Rexeos wrote:
Why it should be bannable?

some people are so carebear they don't even like Market PvP.

To which I say, Diablo Three has no trading and is carebear heaven. . . .
So ignoring all the butthurt vitriol above, the answer to the OP's question is that the trading API is a public API that was designed and intended to be used by third parties.

In other words GGG's intent from the beginning was to facilitate private indexers. Just because poe.trade is made public and widely used doesn't mean that it is not the exact same type of program as all the other indexers.

Beyond that anyone who is not white listed by GGG has a 60 second delay imposed on them. Information on this is here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2036957

So to recap using a private indexer is totally legal and supported by GGG => no reason for a ban, and if you do use one you are at a disadvantage not and advantage because you are not white listed.
I stopped using poe.trade because the updates delays are noticeable - where as poe's direct trade page is almost instantaneous.

If I'm understanding you correctly, I get the impression that people with active searches on pathofexile/trade can hit you up far faster than someone relying on another site.

Now, if I misunderstood and you're saying that people are seeing items in private stash pages then I dunno.
Yep, totally over league play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info