Dream Patch Notes v1.0

Just some patch notes I would like to see, had I my druthers:

* Mines will now automatically place at the feet of the player.

* We have added a new Stash Tab Microtransaction: Leather Belt Tab for 10 points. Normal rarity leather belts may be placed in this tab, and stack up to 10,000.

* Introduced a new unique net: Wally Winka's Everlasting Net. Does not consume charges and is effective on beasts levels 75 and above. This net may also be used to capture dead beasts.

* Flame Dash's cooldown may now be bypassed by expending a Frenzy, Endurance, or Power charge.

* Added an extra sextant to your maximum sextants, bringing the total maximum sextants allowed to 6. This sextant can be unlocked by completing all unique maps on the atlas.

* Beasts can now be deleted from your bestiary by right-clicking and selecting 'Release' while viewing your bestiary book.

* The likelihood of encountering Breaches and Abysses within maps has been increased to 20%.

* Characters currently playing in Softcore temp-leagues now have the option to transfer to Standard League.

* Characters currently playing in Hardcore temp-leagues now have the option to transfer to the Softcore version of the current temp-league.

* Added a new vendor recipe. (Vendoring a 5-link item will now give 5 Orb of Fusing.)

* Added a new sextant mod: Area contains Beasts. Area contains 1 additional Beast. All Beasts are Legendary.

* Players now have the Kick From Hideout option for characters currently occupying their hideout.

Last bumped on Apr 24, 2018, 1:42:23 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
* The lab has been removed from the game

* Beast league will be ending this Friday

* Native linux client on steam

* Fixed a bug with Abyss monsters ignoring shades 45sec cooldown and 3 sec duration.

Good list though
Last edited by Chadwixx on Apr 10, 2018, 7:45:49 PM
"
pocher wrote:
* Mines will now automatically place at the feet of the player.

No thanks! Just fix the way attack-in-place works, and let crazy people like me choose where they want the mines to be placed.

"
* Flame Dash's cooldown may now be bypassed by expending a Frenzy, Endurance, or Power charge.
This is a really good suggestion!

"
* Characters currently playing in Softcore temp-leagues now have the option to transfer to Standard League.

* Characters currently playing in Hardcore temp-leagues now have the option to transfer to the Softcore version of the current temp-league.
These are super obvious but won't happen.

"
* Added a new vendor recipe. (Vendoring a 5-link item will now give 5 Orb of Fusing.)
Should be 1 orb of fusing.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Apr 10, 2018, 10:14:48 PM
* Game works! Multiple performance tweaks
* Fixed unexpected connections
* Fixed lags killing chars

* Fixed thargoids killing you in witchspace ;) while you only hear but not see whats happening while jumping home from cleared map.

* Bosses now dropping map +1/+3 tier from their map T.
* Zombies and Golems remain with relog or disconnect
* Fated Bones of Ullr version
Last edited by DarkJen on Apr 11, 2018, 4:56:46 AM
automated skills pulled out from the game.
projectiles now have 70% less damage after 90 units.
cwdt is now pulled out from the game.
cyclone 50% less damage on first hit is erased

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Apr 12, 2018, 7:19:33 AM
"
Ajo wrote:
* Ignite fixed
* Unexpected disconnect fixed
* Pokemon-mechanics removed
* Game engine has been completely rewritten in assembler for an estimated 1500% performance increase

Ajo you don't write in assebler, go back to school lol
Also i don't get all this people claiming Pokemon-like mechanics. This League has nothing strictly Pokemon related. I can name plenty of games where you capture something, even in fucking age of empires you capture your opponent's cows.
* Harbinger League is removed from Zana's map device and added to the core game. Enjoy your harbinger's orbs!

* All maps drop at least one tier higher or one tier lower than the map it dropped in.

* Dominating Blow got a buff. Now you can actually use it past act 4!

* Introducing the Exiled Auctioneer, who will manage all trading for you. Give him an item and tell him what you want to sell it for, or give him orbs and tell him what you want to buy with it. He'll take care of all the legwork for you, he understands you're busy killing gods!

* Added Legacy League to Zana's map device, accessible at level 8. Leaguestones can be used anywhere.

* Doubled the spawnrate of Breaches and Abysses.

* Bones of Ullr has a new Fated version. Now you won't lag behind the rest of your friends!

* Reverted the monster spawn changes in linear maps.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Apr 14, 2018, 9:04:52 PM
"
Ajo wrote:
"
Itasil_ wrote:

I hardly expect a whole engine to be rewritten in assembler but if you look at the topic you can find the word "dream" there and put two and two together :)

Still, you don't write in assembler. The assembler is what converts assembly code to machine Language. You write in assembly ;)
People keeps using the wrong therm even in places like stackoverflow lol
"
Ajo wrote:
"
Itasil_ wrote:

I hardly expect a whole engine to be rewritten in assembler but if you look at the topic you can find the word "dream" there and put two and two together :)

Well, because I also want to dash your dreams: performance improvements like that are more or less impossible by hand-writing the code; these days, in many cases, the compiler is able to beat a human for large scale work.

The places - the very few places - that it does make a difference are ... not where the performance bottlenecks in the PoE engine are, those being "the network", and the use of threads and GPU resources to to efficiently implement a distributed application that balances load effectively across wildly differing capabilities on either side of that line.

Also, just for the record, a 1500x improvement would put it capable of running at around 216,000 FPS on my hardware. That ... seems excessive, even given a fairly high spec system. (Probably higher, actually, IDK how often it would exceed the monitor refresh rate.)
I love the majority of these suggestions.

Regarding lab, I think having lab is fine, but I would like it if lab were accessible without completing trials, especially uber trials due to how RNG gated it is.

I spent almost 3 weeks in maps waiting for my last trial to show up...... Didn't get to ascend for my last points until I was level 91.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info