[3.2] Hirophant Poet's Pen VD with Indigon and Perm Immortal Call - Uber Elder Deathless

Hello this is Pojzon YET again (some may know me from S A M U R A I JUGG build in 3.1 or previous BV version of Indigon build),

This time with my second take on new Indigon helm GGG released recently:

Personally i think it's the most build defining item released by GGG in the past few leagues.

Indigon allows for some absurd dmg scaling, while focusing mainly on defences (life + mana)

Ill update the build gradually, for now most important stuff:

HOW IT WORKS

Build pretty much resolves around two Indigon properties + Gimmick between Romira's Banquet and Conviction of Power:

X% increased Mana Cost of Skills For Each 200 Total Mana You Have Spent Recently*

X% increased Spell Damage For Each 200 Total Mana You Have Spent Recently*

(* "Recently" in PoE means - In The Last 4 Seconds)

For each 200 mana you spend you get ~60% cumulative Spell Dmg and each following cast costs more mana than previous meaning you effectively start to spend Thousends of Mana points allowing you to reach huge increased Spell Damage values (My current Record was over 8000% increased spell damage - tho that was on BV version).

TL;DR is: WE NEED A LOT OF MANA / MANA REGEN to be able to dish out the most out of the Indigon.

A lot of MANA means that MoM is a VERY EFFECTIVE defence against most of the enemies:

It's a "generic" damage buffer, it means it works on Damage Over Time, Extra Elemental Damage map mods, pure Physical Damage etc.

Additionally we are taking adventage of pretty clever mechanic between Hirophant Conviction of Power:

and Romira's Banquet:

How it works ? Well Conviction of Power has 25% to gain you Endurance Charge when you Gain a Power Charge, this means that with a lot of non-crit hits you generate a lot of them.

With lv 20 Immortal Call and 5 Endurance charges (each adds 160+% duration to Immortal Call) you are able to reach over 3 sec duration with 3 sec cooldown on Immortal Call.

Effectively means that if you are hitting something in between those 3 seconds Immortal Call is up, it will be Permanently Active.

Immortal Call is socketed in Poet's Pen so you dont have to remember about triggering it - its automated.

Additionally Hirophant gives us huge bonuses that work well with the build overall like:

- Perm Arcane Surge
- Perm Immunity to Ailments (because of Arcane Surge)
- 10% additional Damage taken from mana before life (stacks with MoM and CoD)
- A lot of mana and mana regen
- Spell damage leech as life
- A bit of ele dmg penetration and ele dmg reduction

Total:

- 50% Damage taken from mana before life with huge mana buffer
- KB/Frenzy with huge Life Gain on Hit values
- A LOT of life & mana leech
- Immune to Phys dmg (running phys reflect maps is ok)
- Can run No Regen Maps without a flask (but not togather with No Mana Leech)
- Very Durable/Tanky
- Easy to play with - pretty much spamming 1/2 buttons :S
- Around 20-30k dmg per ball with full mana with 2L ~ 240-360k dps
- Around 100k++ dmg per ball when going ham with 6L ~ 1.2m dps

Ascendency

Leveling without Poet's Pen (It will cost you 20 Regrets to respect from Totems after level ~65):

T1 - Normal Lab - Leveling with totems is too easy as hirophant not to take this opportunity
T2 - Cruel Lab - Up to level ~65, after that you can grab Romira's for an easy ride with Immortal Call

Leveling with Poet's Pen

P1 - Leech and DPS
P2 - More DPS and Ailments Immunity

After that:

3 - You should be able to equip Poet's Pens and Romira's Banquet now - For Immortal Call Combo
4 - More Sustain and Survivability via MoM

Pantheon

Semi-Stun Immunity - Unlock Everything

Regular mapping:

Uber Elder:

Required Uniques

2x

Yea, pretty much must have after ~60lv

Indigon required after 69lv

Cloak of Defiance - simply BIS because of % Mana Regeneration and huge amount of base Mana (try to get high Mana roll). 10% additional damage taken from Mana before life stacks with MoM 30% and Hirophant 10%.

Atziri's Foible is simply BIS because of how much Mana and Mana regen it provides. If you can afford it +1 Curse Foible is very desired.

3x

Stacking Mana

2x

To increase the mana cost of skills.

NICE TO HAVE to increase mana regeneration == increase maximum % Spell Damage increased from Indigon

1x

GEAR - Mods to look for

- Mana & Mana Regeneration - Every piece of gear if can roll them should have high values.
- Life - Every piece of gear that can roll it (Haku & Elreon are a great help here, because its cheaper to buy mana gear and craft life on it)
- Resistances - Have to cap them. We take a lot of resistances on the tree while running wise oak too, but its nice to have at least 80/80/80 after Kitava.

Special Shaper / Elder mods to look for on gear:

Belt:
- 16+% Increased Mana Recovery Rate - this one works as a next multipler for our Mana Regeneration chain.
- XX% increased Cooldown recovery speed

Endgame Tree

GEMS Setup

BEFORE Curse on Hit Ring:
4L (Boots or Gloves or Helm) - Vaal Haste 20lv - Increased Duration 20lv - CWDT 11lv - Elemental Weakness 15lv

4L - Frenzy - Faster Attacks - Culling Strike - LMP

4S - Blood Rage | Clarity | Spell Totem - Scorching Ray

6L - KB - LGOH - GMP - Faster Attacks - CoH - Warlords Mark

Poet's Pen

"I HAVE ONLY ONE PAIR OF POET'S PEN" VERSION:

Right - Volatile Dead - Fire Penetration - Body Swap (replace with Concentrated Effect on bosses)

Left - Unearth - GMP - Immortal Call

"I HAVE TWO PAIRS OF POET'S PEN" VERSION:

1-Right - Arc - Controlled Destruction - Lightning Penetration

1-Left - Lightning Warp lv21 - Less Duration - Immortal Call

---

2-Right - Volatile Dead lv21 - Fire Penetration - Concentrated Effect

2-Left - Unearth lv21 - GMP - Immortal Call

AFTER Curse on Hit Ring:

4L - Clarity - Summon Lightning Golem - Blood Rage - (some Utility - i have Portal Gem)

4L - Frenzy - Faster Attacks - CoH - Elemental Weakness

2x2L - Vaal Haste - Increased Duration \ Spell Totem - Scorching Ray

6L - Frenzy - Faster Attacks - GMP - Culling Strike(Swappable if u have culling wand) - Chain - LGOH

Poet's Pen

"I HAVE ONLY ONE PAIR OF POET'S PEN" VERSION:

Right - Volatile Dead - Fire Penetration - Body Swap (replace with Concentrated Effect on bosses)

Left - Unearth - GMP - Immortal Call

"I HAVE TWO PAIRS OF POET'S PEN" VERSION:

1-Right - Arc - Controlled Destruction - Lightning Penetration

1-Left - Lightning Warp lv21 - Less Duration + 1soc-no link Immortal Call

---

2-Right - Volatile Dead lv21 - Fire Penetration - Concentrated Effect

2-Left - Unearth lv21 - GMP - Immortal Call

Current Gear

This is after transition when i got my hands on good WM Curse on Hit Ring:

Swapped IC to Unearth wand. Second one swaps Body Swap for Concentrated Effect on bosses.

Jewels:

HOW TO DEAL WITH REFLECT MAPS

ELEMENTAL REFLECT SETUP:

There is a video of Minotaur Ele Reflect in Videos section.

PHYSICAL REFLECT SETUP

"But unearth deals physical damage !!" Yes you have to first get Immortal Call up and running -> then u can just jump thruough map. On bosses i mostly target free space just in case in SOME moment when Indigon is charged, you would hit the boss with Unearth. Other than that its pretty safe thx to Immortal Call.

BUT if you want to he SUPER safe you can run this setup:

IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Jun 29, 2018, 3:52:37 AM
Last bumped on Jan 12, 2019, 6:30:20 AM
Looks like it could be good.
I really wonder if Hierophant is the best ascendancy here. You can get arcane surge by other mean, but Inquisitor gives a shit ton of mana regen (6% BASE MANA REGEN, so after increased mana regen, it's like 20-30% max mana/s from the ascendancy alone), you still have the immune ailment, and you get some multiplier (49% attack speed, 16% more damage and 80% increased damage, 110% if you cast some spells like orb of storm for arcane surge). You are losing the endurance charges and the 10% damage taken from mana, however. Maybe a more glass canon version.
Last edited by Keyen on Apr 10, 2018, 6:45:06 PM
Given that you're socketing VD and IC in the same wand, you're cutting your DPS in half.

I think you'd be better off putting IC in your Unearth wand along with GMP and using a snakepit for an additional projectile (so you'd get 6 projectiles)

This means that your cycle would go

Unearth + 0 (6 corpses on the ground) (first cast)
IC + VD consuming 3 corpses (3 corpses left)
Unearth + VD consuming 3 corpses (6 new corpses)
ETC

And you'd get 1 more damage link on your VD as well all for the cost of dropping bodyswap which let's be honest you could just get a second set of poet's pen on swap for a map clear setup with a movement skill.

Anyway, as it stands now, you're gimping your VD casts per second and therefore your potential DPS. If you don't want to sacrifice a ring for snakepit, you can continue using a rare ring, but you'd be constantly losing 1 corpse per cycle until it does a full loop back to zero. That would still be more total damage than your current setup by a LOT. The same thing would happen while using the helm enchant, where you'd eventually loop back to zero (which happens to every VD build that uses 2 skills in the unearth wand).
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Apr 10, 2018, 8:10:27 PM
"
Keyen wrote:
Inquisitor gives a shit ton of mana regen

Yeah, but its conditional on standing on a specific piece of ground. So, when it counts you do not have it. It was one of the first Ascendancies I messed around when testing Indigon, it was also the worst, even with tons of consecrated ground flasks. Its also very difficult to go crit on Indigon builds and not do more damage without it, for pretty much any skill.
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
You should talk to Xomulus who posted a full set of indigon kills using a similar setup in the Perm IC herio pen thread (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2109025/page/1)
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
Given that you're socketing VD and IC in the same wand, you're cutting your DPS in half.

I think you'd be better off putting IC in your Unearth wand along with GMP and using a snakepit for an additional projectile (so you'd get 6 projectiles)

This means that your cycle would go

Unearth + 0 (6 corpses on the ground) (first cast)
Unearth + VD consuming 3 corpses (6 new corpses)
ETC

And you'd get 1 more damage link on your VD as well all for the cost of dropping bodyswap which let's be honest you could just get a second set of poet's pen on swap for a map clear setup with a movement skill.

Anyway, as it stands now, you're gimping your VD casts per second and therefore your potential DPS. If you don't want to sacrifice a ring for snakepit, you can continue using a rare ring, but you'd be constantly losing 1 corpse per cycle until it does a full loop back to zero. That would still be more total damage than your current setup by a LOT. The same thing would happen while using the helm enchant, where you'd eventually loop back to zero (which happens to every VD build that uses 2 skills in the unearth wand).

Thing is - i dont think i need more DPS :S
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
You should talk to Xomulus who posted a full set of indigon kills using a similar setup in the Perm IC herio pen thread (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2109025/page/1)

Doesnt look as tanky nor dpsy - His Red Elder (died there)
Looks very cool, is it uber elder viable btw?
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
Edit: miss
Last edited by Keyen on Apr 11, 2018, 5:48:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info