Taker of Souls - DW Sunder / T15+ / Uber Lab DELETION

****************under construction****************************

Hi all,

Looking for a build that can do Uber Lab at level 68 on 1st attempt with gear that costs less than 1-ex total? If so, you came to the right place!!

Introducing: The Taker of Souls Sunderizerino

Concept: the build is based around 3 core-items, everything else can be budgetizer'd.

First:
The Weapon

This weapon makes the game ezmode, and the best part about it: you will never have to worry about mana sustain again, ever. And you can even do 'cannot leech' mod on maps no prob. (oh yeah, and you can reserve all your manas and run Hatred + Haste or Hatred + Artic Armor + Herald of Ash :-) )

Second: The Helmet

This one is a no brainer, the only downside is that it isnt usable until level 68 (which is why we wait until 68 before heading into Uber lab to give Izaro a run for his money)

Third: The Belt

Who would have thought a 1c belt could so useful? This belt isn't mandatory though if you have the 20% reduced extra crit dmg notable node on tree already, you could plug in a different belt if you want to spend more $$$.

My Current Gear

Spoiler

Leveling
Spoiler
For levels 1-20, we use the following (in order):
Skill Gem: Molten Strike / Frost Blades / Sunder all work great. Sunder is best at level 20 though once you can use Brightbeak (see below)
Main-Hand

Offhand

Helmet

Gloves

Chest Armor

(or Tabula of course if you can afford one, comes in handy once you hit around lvl 30)

Boots

Go for a 4-link on these if you can, if you do, you wont need to use Tabula until like lvl 40.
WHich by that time, you might even be able to move right into a Belly of the Beast (5L)

Belt

Until you can use Belt of Deceiver at lvl 20, Meginord's will do the job well.

Amulet

You will want to upgrade to Carnage Heart at level 20

Rings

Any -8 Mana cost Elreon rings will do. I just like Coral rings for that early tankiness. Around level 20, you will want to start looking for a full DPS ring, something cheap (1 or 2c), but go with the highest flat phys and ele flat phys you can find. Something like:

Passive Tree
Spoiler
Passive Skill Tree point distribution:
Points 1-20: www.poeurl.com/bSeX

Points 21-40: www.poeurl.com/bSeY

Points 41-60: www.poeurl.com/bSeZ

Points 61-80: www.poeurl.com/bSe1

Points 81-100: www.poeurl.com/bSe2

Depending on how tanky you feel, you might not need to get the 3 Extra Reduced Crit Damage node cluster on tree until either Merc Lab or right before you head into Uber lab

Bandit:
Spoiler
2 Skill points or Oak (or if you want to try a crit variation of this build, go Alira, major changes if you go Alira, you'll want to switch Raider Ascendancy for Assassin and use either Abyssus Helm or Rat's Nest instead of Ahn's Contempt)

Ascendancy Points:
Spoiler
Slayer First, then after Merc Lab you will get the Raider Ascendancy (if you want to get creative and go elemental or crit or something diff than phys with Resolute technique, you can opt out of the Raider Ascendancy and use Pathfinder or Elementalist. After Uber Lab, you will get the Duelist Starting Area ascendancy node (this will save you some skill points on tree, but will cost some regret orbs).

I will upload more details for the build and videos later this week. Happy Hunting!!!
Last edited by mrjoey523 on Apr 12, 2018, 12:51:49 PM
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2018, 5:58:00 PM
This is very similar to what I was thinking for the flashback event.

Most of the good things about Sunder Slayer, plus the Raider uptime on frenzy/onslaught.

I'll probably try a variation using rare helm for resists and a Loreweave / Belly with the crit reduction node.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info