Bashar al-Assad Fanclub!

Reports from Syria and Russia are claiming that around 70% of the missiles were shot down, and that missiles mostly hit buildings that were "vacated".

Where is the evidence that a single chemical weapons depo was hit by US and allied air strikes? Because they say so? A lot of countries claimed Iraq had WMDs as well.

Initial reports by the media about the "planned" attack, by all the talking heads, suggested that they were planning a major offensive against Assad's forces. But after the fact, the USA tries to downplay it and marginalize the strike.

Here is what I think happened. The USA gave Syria too much time to prepare for an attack that they *knew* was coming, and their air defenses were far more successful than the USA hoped they would be. They also had time to relocate expensive assets that they knew would probably be targeted. So in order to save face, the USA marginalizes their own efforts and claims "yeah, that's all we were trying to do here". Gonna have to pull the "cool story, bro!" meme here. That's like losing, and then claiming that you weren't even trying in order to save face. I don't know what you guys call that, but I call that #rekt.

I don't think the allied strike was successful at all. The Russians are probably too busy laughing their asses off over such an ineffective display of US and allied "air power". If I'm the Russians, I just ignore the attack, and double down on efforts to attack US backed terrorists.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 14, 2018, 9:43:55 AM
It looks like this was just an orchestrated "show of force", that was coordinated with the Russians to avoid any chances of hitting Russian assets. An expensive fireworks. It doesn't look like anything important was hit or disabled and RU & SAA can continue mopping up the wahhabi hordes as planned.

I'm also skeptical of the RU MOD claims that 2/3 of the tomahawks were intercepted, esp. because they also claim that RU air defenses were not used, only Syrian ones were. I also don't believe the 100% accuracy the west claims. The truth is prob. somewhere in between (there are a few videos around, apparently showing successful interceptions).
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
We are a peaceful world (relatively) not because we have higher natures or because societies have evolved or become war weary or whatever. We are a peaceful world because all of the players are effective at their arms races, and these little maneuvers and operations maintain a standstill.

It isn’t as if we’re teatering on the brink of global war because people fired missiles at each other in a satellite territory. It is more like world war three has always been around the corner, and we’re not (have not been) actively engaging in it because all potential parties agree their respective datas collected don’t look profitable. Once a power decides that has changed, it will be because of confidence in tech, not because anybody gives a fuck about patriotic lives lost in colonial disputes, and they won’t need the rest of the world’s consent to go to war.

Basically, the human race has never not been at war. The only thing remarkable about today is that we’ve maintained a global, multigenerational peace via the credible threat of violence. Just like we’ve periodically done all throughout history.

Edit: to bring it back around: if you admire Assad, you’ve picked a middling role model.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Apr 14, 2018, 1:23:18 PM
man... i dont want no war
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Apr 14, 2018, 5:22:53 PM
71 missiles were shot down by Syrian air defenses. I don't know if this number is entirely accurate, but Syria's air defenses aren't nearly as broke as the USA claims they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yib0-qn6s-E

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 14, 2018, 8:03:37 PM
If they shot down 71 they would have shown more then old footage. I'm sure they got a couple but the footage on the ground shows they didn't stop much. You sure love the fake news.
Long live Assad! May he walk down the street without security for decades to come!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F27HLPzFSY4
Last edited by IMSilver on Apr 15, 2018, 2:18:10 AM
"
SnowCrash wrote:
You sure love the fake news.

Fake news is what's being reported about Syria by the MSM in the USA, and from the Pentagon directly.

Here is what's really going on in Syria:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9hPwbc8JZo

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 15, 2018, 7:37:39 AM
What is weird about this missile strike, is that the Pentagon claims 76 missiles and bombs have been used on one target alone, a "chemical research center" complex of three buildings. Which is an insane overkill.

For comparison, it took the Israeli airforce 8 planes and 16 "dumb" bombs to completely knock out the Iraqi nuclear power plant and their program in 1981.

Something doesn't add up, because the pentagon also claims a 100% success rate. Either many of those tomahawks were indeed shot down, or the US expected them to be shot down and send a huge volley.

In any case GG. That's like 150 million dolla' down the pit, to destroy an empty building that was most likely vacated of all important equipment several days before.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
SnowCrash wrote:
If they shot down 71 they would have shown more then old footage. I'm sure they got a couple but the footage on the ground shows they didn't stop much. You sure love the fake news.

Who are they? Reporters? You think military will provide footage from how things are working? If yes, than you live in Disneyland.

"Fake news" is created to manipulate people what to think and to make diversity in common population which works only for those who provide "truth". You bought a lie.

Your "sure" are only prejudices.
Last edited by Rexeos on Apr 15, 2018, 9:33:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info