Poet's Way. T H I C C Poet's Pen Boss Killer

"
Zynkh wrote:
How do the build works with a extreme budget? (20ex max) Like for jewels

my setup is under 20ex. done all but uber
Regarding Ascendancy and Boots:

Ok 1 thing I thought about... I would take Unstoppable instaed of Unyielding.
Unyielding gives us 5% inc dmg and 5%inc AOE per Endurance Charge. (9 charges for me, so 45% inc dmg)

BUT for Uber Elder you need either unstoppable or Kaom's Roots.

Now if we take Bubonic Trail, we can get up to 40% inc. dmg if we have all 4 types of abyss jewels on our char + 2/3 sockets and movement speed.

This leaves us with 2 options for Uber Elder:

Take Unstoppable + Bubonic Trail

Pro:
+ More QoL (Movement Speed, No chill/freeze, no temp chains)
+ 2/3 Gem Sockets
+ 1/2 Abyssal sockets
Con:
- smaller AOE, so less clear speed
- less life than with good rolled kaoms

Take Unyielding + Kaoms Roots

Pro:
+ More Life
+ slightly inc. dmg (5%)
+ inc. AOE
Con:
- 0 sockets
- 0% movement speed

For general mapping this differs again of course.
Bubonic + Unyielding gives the highest dmg and clear while mapping. Whereas Bubonic + Unstoppable is just more QoL

Guys, any opinions on this?
Last edited by TroughStruggle on Oct 18, 2018, 4:51:17 AM
Thanks for this build
Just made my first hydra and minotaur ever!

Still working to get the rings and the amulet yet the build feels really good on red maps with my subpar gear
"
ScottEvill wrote:
"
Zynkh wrote:

I was taking a look at your setup, what's the most expensive thing on it? The boots?

Cheers.

/Edit: Also, how deep can you delve with it?
Last edited by Zynkh on Oct 19, 2018, 4:14:36 AM
"
Zynkh wrote:
"
ScottEvill wrote:
"
Zynkh wrote:

I was taking a look at your setup, what's the most expensive thing on it? The boots?

Cheers.

/Edit: Also, how deep can you delve with it?

Most expensive was helm enchant(6ex at the midle of the league.dk how much it is now). Next was boots,then Watcher's eye. Next would be Enlighten4 for Purity of Ice insted of Herald of purity.

I'm at +-400 delve.It can go deeper.
Decided to give this build a try and atm even though I'm still lvling, I'm having a lot of fun.

Thanks @ScottEvill for your replies, do you think a lvl3 Enlighten would be okay or do I really need a lvl4?

Also, what's the order for the ascendancy tree? I've been reading every post and someone posted this one...

IMHO: 1. Unflitching 2. Unbreakble, 2 rest nodes anyway u want.

Is that okay? And what should be the last 2?
Last edited by Zynkh on Oct 20, 2018, 2:18:04 AM
"
Zynkh wrote:
Decided to give this build a try and atm even though I'm still lvling, I'm having a lot of fun.

Thanks @ScottEvill for your replies, do you think a lvl3 Enlighten would be okay or do I really need a lvl4?

Also, what's the order for the ascendancy tree? I've been reading every post and someone posted this one...

IMHO: 1. Unflitching 2. Unbreakble, 2 rest nodes anyway u want.

Is that okay? And what should be the last 2?

You need Lvl4 to run all auras. However you can take some reduced mana reservation nodes in passives.
i took them in that order: Unbreakble, Unflitching, Unrelenting, Unyielding. Life regen while lvling is very helpful while charges does not do that much without Unrelenting and Unyielding.
Last edited by bogdan_dm on Oct 20, 2018, 6:24:05 AM

Cheap Alternatives (used these up till 95):
(Both self-crafted - Gloves with just Pristine Fossil and Belt with Alt-Regal)

Cleared all content incl Uber Elder Deathless, currently at depths 425 and still steam-rolling delves (I bodyswap ahead of my crawler all the time). I swap out bodyswap for combustion for guardians and Uber Elder. Next upgrade would be a damage increased corruption Kaom's Heart and Double Anger Watcher's Eye with Leech and Fire Pen. My jewels are also rather suboptimal and very cheap (less than 30c each) with life and 40+% rests on each jewel but I cannot be bothered to change them due to the effort it takes to triple balance wise oak. Without endurance charges or wise oak, I am at 75/75/75 uncapped and I could just go with 35/35/35 since 10 endurance charges are permanently up (can be triggered using Gluttony + Flame Dash at the start of map/boss) and wise oak to handle ele weakness maps and go for more dps but right now I already have 50k dps per ball and its sufficient for 400+ depths. Might have to get more dps in deeper depths but I will have to see.

A Dual-nebuloch Molten Strike would prob make it a lot futher into delves due to much higher defences and it was the build I initially wanted to start out with but levelling and mapping was too slow for my liking so I ended up playing this variant of PP JUGG from level 20+ up until now. The regen is so insane that I can outregen Shaper beam when on max Endurance Charges and Flasks up and totally ignore degen from Uber Elder Vortex Balls and Constrictor poop. It can also tank Shaper Slams and still have over 40% life. The only attacks that you have to dodge are the Shaper Balls and Elder icicles. If you choose to run a purity of ice over arctic armour you could probably tank 2-3balls without any issue but you will have to run an enlighten to go along with it and since I am using both Kaom's roots and heart, I am starved for gem slots. Vaal RF is too good a bossing dps boost to give up though it is mostly useless for Uber Elder/his guardians (souls are at 0 at start of fight). A Shaper CDR Boots with 2% life and mana regen enchant is prob way stronger both defensively and offensively than my +1 endurance charge Roots but since I had purchased all my gear for my Nebuloch JUGG before I started the levelling process, I couldnt be bothered to replace it. Using roots allows me to go for Unyielding which is a decent dps boost and alternative endurance charge generator. Stuns are also useful for delving as it can give more room for mistakes and time to react to them though at my current depth it does not really matter. Have not encountered Aul but have defeated Lich and Incursion bosses multiple times at 300+ depths and once at depth 410 with a bunch of tough mods on the first try.

All in all I had a ton of fun building and playing this char! Thanks for the great build!
Last edited by ExponentMach on Oct 21, 2018, 12:29:09 PM

Finally got to lvl 72 and was able to do my first time Uber Lab at lvl 69!

I'm on a tight budget but what should I upgrade next? Sadly I only have 2 EX's left...

By the way, I'm able to keep the 3 auras with a lvl 3 Enlighten.

/Edit Also movement through a map feels a bit slow sometimes, how can I add like leap slam or flame dash?
Last edited by Zynkh on Oct 21, 2018, 11:11:29 AM

Manage to kill Uber elder and farm deep delves with this build :D

also..my first 10k life char :D thanks a lot!
Last edited by jhamezsky on Oct 23, 2018, 3:35:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info