Poet's Way. T H I C C Poet's Pen Boss Killer

"
iDT wrote:
How have you actuality killed the max block CwD char at Hall of Grandmasters?
I cant actually hurt this dude with the attack skill.

Have you maybe a second damage (scorching ray ?) setup?

/this one :> https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5luqjo/how_do_i_kill_this_cwdt_char_in_the_hall_of/

I either had enough damage or didn't meet him. Did not swap anything, was expecting that i would need scorching ray at some point, but it did not happen.
"
robert2003 wrote:
I have a question,is 20ex budget enough?
Will i still be able to do Uber Elder?
If not how much exalts do i need?

Prices changed a lot recently (i bought my helmet enchant for 2 or 3 ex for example). So i can't really give you a price range. I can guess that with 20ex you could kill UE, but it might be hard, likely not deathless.
If you have sustain (regen+leech) but lacking dps - you'll be fine, if you have dps but no leech - just having regen should be fine too. I guess i'm trying to say that cutting corners here and there is fine, but not too many.
"
Just wanted to say thanks for the build, this one got me my first uber elder kill! I'm gonna try and spawn him again to try and do it deathless as i feel I can do it with this build. Thanks again my dude

Nice, glad you like it!
Can anyone look on my character? i cant even do tier 6 maps with that build...
"
RaivaR wrote:
Can anyone look on my character? i cant even do tier 6 maps with that build...

Your volatile dead is level 6. Spells depend on gem levels much more than attacks. You also have hatred in, idk if you are using it (seems like you do) - it does nothing for the build. Lion's roar is useless and rotgut is pretty bad too. I can't seem to find frenzy anywhere either.
Yes this build is expensive and not cost efficient :)
But boj - is it fun to play and fast. Right click and see everything sink in fire

Thanks for sharing
First off, great guide. Really enjoying this build. What do you think about changing out the Devoto's Devotion for a rare helm crafted with an essence of loathing for reduced mana reserved, allowing us to swap purity of ice out for a blasphemy + flammability combo?

Would that be something worth while, or would the reduced fire resistance on enemies not be worth it?
Any of you guys use cremation? I have one on my swap weapon however i found is does less dmg than bodyswap. What are your opinions for a bodyswap alternative?
---
Personally, I'm enjoying Unstoppable much more than Unrelenting.

Especially during boss fights like Uber Elder, it's just seem much safer with unstoppable due to the "cannot be slowed below base", which indirectly means immune to freeze and also cheese the 99% slow from elder. In maps, you can open chests without worrying about freeze when opened mod. I'm wondering if the 9% dmg reduction and 8% dmg elemental damage reduction is really worth it.
Last edited by HeidePoE on May 26, 2018, 4:12:08 AM
Do you ignite monsters?
Not sure if its the right question to ask but ignite buffs your fire damage yes?
but do you actually ignite monsters from your aura's herald of ash or anger.
As i have seen you have 5% from Elementalist on tree.
Last edited by philipma on May 14, 2018, 2:40:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info