[3.11] Tesla Cyclone | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win |

Could be painful to level with the starting tree with pretty much no damage nodes (butchery but who 2h's when levelling) or help from normal lab ascendancy points as a league start w/scion. Trust you have a carry or will be a slow start i think!
Last edited by ninjaxus on Jun 1, 2018, 9:33:44 AM
Hi there, I was looking for a 3.3 build to play and came to this. I've just played a non-crit starforge cyclone slayer in standard so I tried to compare. I've got a few quiestions:

1. What content makes you prefer the dmg variant over the tanky one? My non-crit slayer has about the same dps before flasks as your tanky build and I can't have a diamond flask to buff it. However this dps wipes out everything except shaper/elder and the guardians instantly. The only places in the game where I'd trade my sturdy ass for dps are the phoenix, red elder and shaper fights. All of them are quite rare so some extra time wasted there is meaningless. I don't even bother with swapping inc aoe gem for concentrated for most bosses, why would I trade anything for even more dps?

2. If you love boss dps so much, why don't you use a 6link totem?

3. Why don't you use stibnite flask for the tanky variant? It uses like 1charge/sec and easily allows 100% uptime in maps and bossfights. Gives 100% curse immunity and a lot of evasion.

All in all I really dunno about how good is this compared to a non-crit starforge cyclone slayer. You don't have more move mapping movespeed, because devoto's helm has 10% over rat's and non-crit can use a 15% movespeed watcher's eye with grace. The big question for me is the uber elder fight. Does your dps make it comfortable? With non-crit I use Vaal Pact and Iron Reflexes and determination aura with a +8% phys resist +800 armor determination watchers eye. This and 7300+ hp (belly armor) gives enough to ignore all kind of attacks except shaper balls. But I still die a lot there to those balls while being slowed or caught in cyclone animation. I'd like to have more dps to make the fight faster, but would I still get enough survivability?
Is this viable as a HC league starter?
Gratz on being featured in the article! Well deserved, imo, I had a blast with this in Flashback. Starting with a different build in Incursion, but I might swap over to this later on. Really cool build!
"
TakmaN wrote:
Sweet build! I think I've decided to league start with this and take it into end game :).

Nice. Jump in my twitch channel to hang out <3

Let's have some fun
"
VerVik wrote:
This will be my league starter as well.
I have found only one "problem", I love herald explosions, and there is none here.:(
Maybe I will be using herald of ash somehow, just for the fun. ;)

Priorities with this build

1- Fun
2- See Above
"
ScottEvill wrote:
Greate and detaled guide. Thx Vashseden!
But I cant see gem links section.What will be the better choices in cyclone 4 link set up?

Please check each piece of gear in the guide. gem links are included with explanations.
"
ninjaxus wrote:
Could be painful to level with the starting tree with pretty much no damage nodes (butchery but who 2h's when levelling) or help from normal lab ascendancy points as a league start w/scion. Trust you have a carry or will be a slow start i think!

It will be great and it's already been proven to be fast <3.
"
Fortran775 wrote:
Hi there, I was looking for a 3.3 build to play and came to this. I've just played a non-crit starforge cyclone slayer in standard so I tried to compare. I've got a few quiestions:

1. What content makes you prefer the dmg variant over the tanky one? My non-crit slayer has about the same dps before flasks as your tanky build and I can't have a diamond flask to buff it. However this dps wipes out everything except shaper/elder and the guardians instantly. The only places in the game where I'd trade my sturdy ass for dps are the phoenix, red elder and shaper fights. All of them are quite rare so some extra time wasted there is meaningless. I don't even bother with swapping inc aoe gem for concentrated for most bosses, why would I trade anything for even more dps?

2. If you love boss dps so much, why don't you use a 6link totem?

3. Why don't you use stibnite flask for the tanky variant? It uses like 1charge/sec and easily allows 100% uptime in maps and bossfights. Gives 100% curse immunity and a lot of evasion.

All in all I really dunno about how good is this compared to a non-crit starforge cyclone slayer. You don't have more move mapping movespeed, because devoto's helm has 10% over rat's and non-crit can use a 15% movespeed watcher's eye with grace. The big question for me is the uber elder fight. Does your dps make it comfortable? With non-crit I use Vaal Pact and Iron Reflexes and determination aura with a +8% phys resist +800 armor determination watchers eye. This and 7300+ hp (belly armor) gives enough to ignore all kind of attacks except shaper balls. But I still die a lot there to those balls while being slowed or caught in cyclone animation. I'd like to have more dps to make the fight faster, but would I still get enough survivability?

Hiya,

1 - This sounds like more of a "this is how I have fun, what makes you have fun doing it this way" question.

The variant choice is all up to you. I just like a little risk in my gameplay with even more damage potential. I'm usually a rogue type in a lot of games and this just seemed like more fun to me.

2 - Again, you totally can. I have before but you lose out on some other gems along the way while making your leap slam a 4L.

3 - I honestly thought the stibnite was part of that variant. If I kept it on Sulphur, that was my bad.

4 - There's so much misinformation here. I'm just going to sum it up. Play it and try it if you like. I'm not here to convince you. Just to show you some info. <3
"
juanrussi96 wrote:
Is this viable as a HC league starter?

Yes, tanky variant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info