Started a Bow-Marauder

Well this was the idea :
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBBLMFWxRNFSAc3CSLKS4qTSzpMn48LT0PPfw_J0GHRnFG103YWGNdxmBtZ5ts9m6qd-N6uHy4fLt99X_GgW-CHoLHgziLjIx2kyeVIJ2AnjyiAKKjrj6uk7QMtz7B88T2xq7G2NsL3fPhc-0g83FQUIzP9khfP1RJ51LvDrnd8i-C5JARc-H3iF-qMolX4nfl8B8Ccd0NW68Y20OcDq0ppYPb_EvOcWwW_MVnoId2Sn2Kr9pilKBodNhNplc64Yjx_gryRedjKPrr7riTDH0Qf8aeOrM1hp2quc22hn1T8s7Mt9V1gpvN-nyDYqyhbdad

Right now i am here :
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMFWxRNFSAc3CSLKS4qTSzpMn48LT0PPfw_J0GHRnFG103YWGNdxmBtZ5ts9m6qd-N6uHy4fLt99X_GgW-CHoLHgziLjIx2kyeVIJ2AnjyiAKKjrj6uk7QMtz7B88T2xq7G2NsL3fPhc-0g83E=

The damage still is surprisingly good but survivability is pretty lackluster. I'm on the way to Mercless Ledge but by reviewing the build again i'm not sure wether the build is viable at all or if i just should abandon the marauder. As you see i am all over the tree right now and not sure what to do next...after iron reflexes that is.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Second link corrected
Last edited by Chimmy81 on Mar 1, 2013, 7:12:09 PM
Your tree is whack and all over the place.

What was the purpose behind the build?

Physical ranged damage?

Elemental Ranged?

Crit damage?

Bow Melee?

Like, what was the purpose?

Also, what skills are you trying to use? I see in your final build you cap out lightning damage, so I'm assuming Lightning arrow, but how are you going about it?

It also seems like you're trying to cram in auras, but Eldritch battery is just a horrendous waste for a Marauder to get to and utilize.

And I see you taking useless nodes, like the Dex/accuracy ones while ignoring the awesome ones, like Resolute Tech.

IMO, I'd honestly just scrap this character and start over since it'd take too many points to fix.

Still, this is what I came up with:

Reworked

I'm assuming you were trying to to get ridiculous damage out of conversion from physical to elemental, so I rolled as much str as I could manage while keeping your stats reasonable enough that you'll only need an onyx amulet to wear every single gem you'd want.

I gave you ton of reduced mana reserve so you can go wild with auras, once you link them with a reduced mana gem.

See, you have to scrap the idea of critting with a Marauder. It just isn't happening when Res Tech is right there while damage/accuracy nodes are all the way on the other side of the tree.

If you want to fight with crits but without 100% accuracy, then go ranger.
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180
Well im using Elemental Hit/Lightning Arrow. Since my wealth in the game isn't that great i figured using Iron Reflexes would allow me to utilize Evasion/Es Armor wich is much more likely to roll the right gem colors.
Eldrich Battery wasn't that great i admit but i have no good es Armor atm. With the improved Auras i thought it should provide plenty of mana.

I really don't want to use Resolute Technique because everybody does :P and i picked the dex nodes so i can wear better bows. I wanted to respec those later on when i get to Iron Reflexes.

I know the build is kinda crappy atm. but im playing with a friend and really don't want to start all over again. I guess i have to stick with him till my buddy is in the range of my templar......
Last edited by Chimmy81 on Mar 1, 2013, 8:00:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info