[3.2] LL, VD, Poets Pen, Indigon, 11.4k mana, 9.9k energy shield, 325k avg hit, Uber Elder viable

"
tntrose69 wrote:
Hello. I have a question about the Flow Untethered. Why this belt ? just for the 20% ES recovery ?
And why not pass over 4.8 attacks per sec ?
Is the CDR of any use ? Also is the ingame Tooltip bugged when using a 20% belt cdr ? Cuz it says .21 spells / sec but even if it would be .20 like when using belt+shoe, won't matter much cuz you need 5+ atacks per sec to proc 5 casts right ?

It's 20% more damage. Why? Because poet's pen spells now proc 20% more often. from every .25 seconds down to .20 seconds.
do i have to buy the jewel?? is it a must be??

because there is like one and its like 100ex...
but im not that rich...

im taalking about the watchers eye :p
Welp, having played enough of meta and some of non-meta builds, I was looking for an endgame build that I can spend some currency on - and boy, this one delivered.

I've stumbled upon a similarly geared dude on poe.ninja and I was intrigued. Now having found this guide it all made sense.

Gear:

After some trials, errors, I approve of this build and, if I may, present a gearing section up to date with the current 3.3 Incursion league.

PoB:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/585FSfgt

Stats with flasks vs shaper:
Spoiler

~500k per ball using the guide author calculations, x4 balls with enchanted
and about 8-12 balls per second, depending on the belt choice

Firstly, this leagues double corruptions.

Most notable are 10% penetration on each of poet pens, totaling in a whooping 20% penetration (40% vs shaper with Pure Talent and Wise Oak).
This essentially allows us to run Elemental Focus instead of Fire Penetration, for even more damage.

As an extra, one pen has 10% chance to buff Unholy Might, which is handy while mapping, because it significantly increases hit of Unearth even with GMP.

Then, build gets 81/81/80 Max resists with +2 Aura Acutity

which pushes ice and fire purities to lvl 23. Need to grab Influence node for that though.

Also 5G1B Shav is very hard to color, so I opted to use 6W instead.

There you can make use of new Combustion support, which provides and extra -20% flat fire penetration vs targets ignited(50% chance) by our Frenzy - 20% more damage.
Also, consider if low on resists, since this is 2 rare items build.

Second, the build makes use of a new jewel

that is cheap, even with 1% less, and provides about 700 unreserved mana in my current gear.
Should be put right below Ghost Reaver and works with 80 unallocated dex there.
Rest of the jewels for extra mana reservation and immunities:

Since it's a Bodyswap build you can skip using quicksilver flask for Divination Distilate, as we're not in need of movement speed, for extra 4% max res, totaling 85/85/84.
Also, took Arcane Chemistry for mana and -15% flask charges used, as well as extra dex on the way. Rest of the flasks:

Lastly, helm is linked to Vaal Rightious Fire, which is another 40% More Spell damage for 7 seconds with Increased Duration.

These are probably the rest of my minor adjustments to the build, you can see changes to the tree in PoB.
Only thing that's missing is taking 10% of phys as elemental damage under any of the purities on watchers eye, but there were like 1 jewel like that with double clarity in almost 1.5 month of Incursion.

All-in-all its a monster-of-a-build, currently mid-league is worth ~250ex, immune to everything but blind and non-corrupted blood bleed, clearing/oneshotting all content with just holding right click, except uber-atziri coz reflect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Oieh-2MWQ
A bit rusty at dodging mechanics but nevertheless - Deathless uber-elder in under 2min, if anyone wants ;)

Last edited by Scrilian on Jul 18, 2018, 9:13:19 PM
"
strikeg2 wrote:
Solid one, but i recommend you to utilize some tricks that i use for same build.

1. Arcane Surge can be linked to frenzy and been activated by every attack if you use phantasm on kill on this link. Lvl 21 AS is huge boost for manaregen.
2. Spell Totem + Clarity that can be used for ramp up (actually 3 cast with me gear is enough to reach 1k+ manacost on frenzy and make precast on t16 boss, that enough to one shot it)
3. You can run dying sun, that allows to use perma immortal call on bosses without dps lost (ofc if you are not super lucky with volatile enchant on indigon)
4. Linking Innervate with frenzy, if you can buy one poet with culling strike, it will raise your damage by additional 10%

Also prefer to use aspect of spider gloves, vaal pact dont really looks necessary. Also a bit different tree, that you can find in my profile https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/strikeg2.
Missing mana recovery on my watchers, cause im lazy and this one was the last build i tried this league, 25-30% recovery is a huge dps boost, but even without it my precast is enough to one-shot t16 bosses without extra life/res

I know, old post, but does anyone know what strikeg was referring to with number 3? I'm assuming he means with dying sun(or a ruby flask) you don't have to reserve mana for purity of fire and can reserve something else. But I'm having trouble figuring out what you could use that would allow for permanent immortal call.

Also, does anyone know if 1 and 2 still work?

That aside, I wrote up my own crude indigon simulator and came to few interesting conclusions. Probably most relevant to this thread, you don't want unreserved max mana to be noticeably lower than your combined mana regen and leech. This leads to situations where indigon will boost the mana cost of frenzy to well above your unreserved max mana and you won't be able to use frenzy for a couple attacks, using your normal attack instead, which is much slower than frenzy. That alone isn't a huge deal, but during that time, you're likely to regen to full during those attacks and still not be able to use frenzy, thus wasting mana recovery.
"
Deathwing6 wrote:

That aside, I wrote up my own crude indigon simulator and came to few interesting conclusions. Probably most relevant to this thread, you don't want unreserved max mana to be noticeably lower than your combined mana regen and leech. This leads to situations where indigon will boost the mana cost of frenzy to well above your unreserved max mana and you won't be able to use frenzy for a couple attacks, using your normal attack instead, which is much slower than frenzy. That alone isn't a huge deal, but during that time, you're likely to regen to full during those attacks and still not be able to use frenzy, thus wasting mana recovery.

Haven't noticed ever reaching full mana unless I personally want to, even during 2% extra mana regen when hit recently on full shield.
"
Scrilian wrote:
"
Deathwing6 wrote:

Haven't noticed ever reaching full mana unless I personally want to, even during 2% extra mana regen when hit recently on full shield.

Taking damage during a fight might mitigate this problem. I'll likely add that to my simulator.
A bit rusty at dodging mechanics but nevertheless - Deathless uber-elder in under 2min, if anyone wants ;)

Last edited by Scrilian on Jul 18, 2018, 8:50:49 PM
"
Deathwing6 wrote:
"
strikeg2 wrote:
Solid one, but i recommend you to utilize some tricks that i use for same build.

1. Arcane Surge can be linked to frenzy and been activated by every attack if you use phantasm on kill on this link. Lvl 21 AS is huge boost for manaregen.
2. Spell Totem + Clarity that can be used for ramp up (actually 3 cast with me gear is enough to reach 1k+ manacost on frenzy and make precast on t16 boss, that enough to one shot it)
3. You can run dying sun, that allows to use perma immortal call on bosses without dps lost (ofc if you are not super lucky with volatile enchant on indigon)
4. Linking Innervate with frenzy, if you can buy one poet with culling strike, it will raise your damage by additional 10%

Also prefer to use aspect of spider gloves, vaal pact dont really looks necessary. Also a bit different tree, that you can find in my profile https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/strikeg2.
Missing mana recovery on my watchers, cause im lazy and this one was the last build i tried this league, 25-30% recovery is a huge dps boost, but even without it my precast is enough to one-shot t16 bosses without extra life/res

I know, old post, but does anyone know what strikeg was referring to with number 3? I'm assuming he means with dying sun(or a ruby flask) you don't have to reserve mana for purity of fire and can reserve something else. But I'm having trouble figuring out what you could use that would allow for permanent immortal call.

Not sure how dying sun ties into this, but here's what I know about perm ic:

Put a 20/23 ic instead of firepen in into your vd pen, swap 2 ascendancy picks over to the endurance charge on power charge.

Basic concept is to eat constant endurance charges on ic constant casting to keep its 3sec phys immune buff up.

In this build I've not done the maths see if 100% is possible since other poet
builds focusing on that concept utilize another unique in the equation, but that's the general idea.
Theamazonbasin
Last edited by Godfeast_1 on Jul 21, 2018, 3:53:10 PM
Thoughts on using a Romira's Banquet granting perm EO uptime? With the 16% all elemental resist corrupt on both the Romira and Foible, running PoE over PoL, and a two-stone lightning-fire ring the wise oak will be double low with fire high. It does cost max resist(5% lightning/1% cold), ES, and mana regen rate.
Last edited by puterbot on Jul 29, 2018, 4:52:00 PM
"
Scrilian wrote:
Welp, having played enough of meta and some of non-meta builds, I was looking for an endgame build that I can spend some currency on - and boy, this one delivered.

I've stumbled upon a similarly geared dude on poe.ninja and I was intrigued. Now having found this guide it all made sense.

Gear:

After some trials, errors, I approve of this build and, if I may, present a gearing section up to date with the current 3.3 Incursion league.

PoB:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/585FSfgt

Stats with flasks vs shaper:
Spoiler

~500k per ball using the guide author calculations, x4 balls with enchanted
and about 8-12 balls per second, depending on the belt choice

Firstly, this leagues double corruptions.

Most notable are 10% penetration on each of poet pens, totaling in a whooping 20% penetration (40% vs shaper with Pure Talent and Wise Oak).
This essentially allows us to run Elemental Focus instead of Fire Penetration, for even more damage.

As an extra, one pen has 10% chance to buff Unholy Might, which is handy while mapping, because it significantly increases hit of Unearth even with GMP.

Then, build gets 81/81/80 Max resists with +2 Aura Acutity

which pushes ice and fire purities to lvl 23. Need to grab Influence node for that though.

Also 5G1B Shav is very hard to color, so I opted to use 6W instead.

There you can make use of new Combustion support, which provides and extra -20% flat fire penetration vs targets ignited(50% chance) by our Frenzy - 20% more damage.
Also, consider if low on resists, since this is 2 rare items build.

Second, the build makes use of a new jewel

that is cheap, even with 1% less, and provides about 700 unreserved mana in my current gear.
Should be put right below Ghost Reaver and works with 80 unallocated dex there.
Rest of the jewels for extra mana reservation and immunities:

Since it's a Bodyswap build you can skip using quicksilver flask for Divination Distilate, as we're not in need of movement speed, for extra 4% max res, totaling 85/85/84.
Also, took Arcane Chemistry for mana and -15% flask charges used, as well as extra dex on the way. Rest of the flasks:

Lastly, helm is linked to Vaal Rightious Fire, which is another 40% More Spell damage for 7 seconds with Increased Duration.

These are probably the rest of my minor adjustments to the build, you can see changes to the tree in PoB.
Only thing that's missing is taking 10% of phys as elemental damage under any of the purities on watchers eye, but there were like 1 jewel like that with double clarity in almost 1.5 month of Incursion.

All-in-all its a monster-of-a-build, currently mid-league is worth ~250ex, immune to everything but blind and non-corrupted blood bleed, clearing/oneshotting all content with just holding right click, except uber-atziri coz reflect.

Your, Gear, Is, Gagging.

After a dozen pleasant Uber Elder runs and a lot map clearing I also have some tweaks to share.

The first thing is that I think Atziri's Acuity is not required not only for the price but also because Vaal Pact doesn't help with mana leech. How to make up for it is connected to my other tweaks.

What I use instead is this interesting find.

With +2 corrupt and +1 elemental itself socketed lv 20 Purity can be raised to lv 23 for 5% max resist. Also its 40%-80% increased mana cost can save you the jewel socket for Fevered Mind along with some Crit chance for Overload proc and a bit ES and ES on kill. Since it's a general garbage unique it's affordable to brick a dozen yourself for +2 AOE or Aura gem. Can't imagine how many ex and balls your Acuity would cost. So this one saved Acuity lv21 Purity and Fevered Mind for over 10ex.

I couldn't find, or even if I did, I couldn't afford that Watcher's Eye. But actually both 18% mana as ES and 30% mana recovery are quantitative bonus and not life changing so again, not required, either. On the other hand, 30 ES from each enemy hit is a strong substitute for regen without Acuity due to fast hitting rate of VD and both GMP skills, especially great at mapping, instant full ES against packs, and a lot cheaper.

And since Shavronne's Wrapping itself has Lightning resistance, Purity of Lightning can be dropped for something else like what you get on a cheap Eye, and the missing resist can be found on rings or jewels to reach 3 equal elemental resistance for max Wise Oak utilization. For now there's no heavy lightning boss anyway.

Finally, I still don't think Grand Spectrum is a good choice being expensive too itself compared to good Abyssal jewels. Instead of 40 mana you get 50 ES along with 2 other useful mods like
Your use of Tempered Spirit is a nice move
Last edited by Arthur606 on Aug 21, 2018, 5:13:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info