[3.6] Worms of Command - (Infinite worms + chains of command on a PF)

Not the build author, but I'm currently playing this build as a scion (pathfinder/necro). So far it's been a blast !

For me the 3 possible ascendancy choices are :

* Scion :
+ Easy access to a lot of jewel socket
+ Got free flask charges every 3s (very useful for some content)
+ Easy attribute requirement
- Minions are a little worst than with necromancer
- Less increased duration than with necromancer
- Depending of what sub-ascendancy you take, you will not have status immunity

* Pathfinder :
+ Got free flask charges every 3s
+ More flask charges gained than the other ascendancy choice
+ Status immune and bleed immune
- Minions are worst than with the other 2 ascendancy choice
- No increased duration for our minions

* Necromancer :
+ Minions are tankier
+ Minions are stronger
+ A lot of increased duration
+ Convocation on a 4s CD instead of 8
- We have no passive flask regen, so we can't easily rebuild our army if a boss is clearing our minions or if we just died on a boss (a vaal breach can help maybe ? I didn't try)

Scion seemed like the most balanced choice for me, so I went for it. Even if necromancer got better minions overall, I don't have any problem with minion dmg and tankiness, and I usually am at 30-50 weapons spawned (depending of the map layout).

I saw that some people are asking about a scion PoB or an update with the 3.4 tree changes, so here is my take on this : https://pastebin.com/3M8eGb9L
I took "death attunement" just for saving me the cost of 2 jewels, but 2 good jewels are better if you have the currency.

Also take minion speed everywhere you can, even at the cost of some of your dps.

This is my actual character stuff :

Character name is "NounouilleAndHerBob"
Hi I have 2 question, can you kill uber elder with this build (meybe some vidio) ? Its good choice too go inquisitor/pathfinder ?
I think you will do more damage with the inquisitor/pathfinder combo VS necro/pathfinder, but I feel that necro/pathfinder is smoother to play (I love the increased duration + the flesh offering affecting me).

I didn't do uber elder because I'm too afraid of my guardian dying (I have invested a little in his equipment). Overall, I wouldn't advice you to try to do uber elder with this build.

Except uber elder, I did every other boss in the game without prob (except aul because I didn't encounter him, and uber atziri because I didn't try :p)
"
Sbbulakk wrote:
"
DreamScythe wrote:
Welcome!

This build uses the new unique Chains of Command to perpetually summons hoards of animated weapons as a pathfinder. (you can also use a scion PF/ Necro, Occ, or Inquis)

Hi Guys,

I have a couple questions/ideas that maybe someone is willing to test for me as I don't have the items (yet).

What happens if you equip your animated guardian with chains of command? It states "When animated guardian..." so its effects should still apply, but I'm specifically interested in "You cannot have non-animated minions" property... Will it apply to "you", in this case the animated guardian only, or will it affect your character too? That will be similar to Bringer of Rain that says "Can't use chest armour"...

Now the second part... Let's say you equip the animated guardian with a Queen's Escape... Will every animated weapon give all your minions a nice boost in speed, plus health and damage? Will the increased Skeleton duration apply to your skeletons? and what about the +1 to skeleton, zombies and spectres?

In case you are not following my train of thoughts, will I be able to break the server trying to sustain 50 animated Queen's Escapes accumulating 5100% increased minion speed, 10200% skeleton duration, and +50 limit of skeleton, zombies and spectres for total mayhem?

Even more, you won't even need to keep the 50 swords all the time, with just a couple the accumulative bonuses may be nuts, even though it may require a little bit of body gardening with desecrate/unearth

Think of the possibilities... a never dying (pun intended) skeleton army (vaal skeleton anyone?) you will clear the map before timer runs out, specially with the increased speed. Necromancer zombies that grant phys damage reduction... with almost 60% reduction and a bit of effort you can forget about immortal call... manage to get a The Baron in there with 1K Strength and you have a life gathering army... At this point you can picture yourself...

(PLEASE DON'T NERF!)

Thanks for reading!

Has anyone tried this yet? Let me know by PM if you don't want it nerfed... :P
I'll try it tonight, but I'm already 95% sure of the result :

1) About giving a chains of command to an animated guardian : your animated guardian can't cast any skill, even triggered skills (enchant lab for exemple) so he will not be able to trigger the animate weapon skill from the chains of command.

2) About the queen's escape : I think that this will not work. Minion damage only apply to the sword owner (so the animate guardian / animate weapon). When you give an armor to your guardian, do you gain its stats ? It's the same thing, I think, with minion damage on queen's escape.
"
Mennphis wrote:

Keep me posted, I was just getting the items to test myself, but couldn't find a cheap queen's yet to trash. I was about to use a Q's Decree and check if life bonuses applied to all swords or not.

"
Mennphis wrote:
1) About giving a chains of command to an animated guardian : your animated guardian can't cast any skill, even triggered skills (enchant lab for exemple) so he will not be able to trigger the animate weapon skill from the chains of command.

I know this is a long shot, but wanted to discard it. It will be very broken if you could get the swords without the no not-animated minions restriction.

"
Mennphis wrote:
2) About the queen's escape : I think that this will not work. Minion damage only apply to the sword owner (so the animate guardian / animate weapon). When you give an armor to your guardian, do you gain its stats ? It's the same thing, I think, with minion damage on queen's escape.

I'm actually more interested in this one and to know if "minions" bonus apply to all swords cumulative or not at all. If so, the 10-15% life and 80-100% speed bonus may be nuts. I mean, when the item has an "nearby allies" get bonus, it applies, is "minions" more restrictive? usually, it refers to "your" minions, but as they are your minions who provide bonus to your minions, maybe, maybe, it works...
Last edited by Sbbulakk on Feb 20, 2019, 12:04:38 PM
"
Sbbulakk wrote:
"
Mennphis wrote:

Keep me posted, I was just getting the items to test myself, but couldn't find a cheap queen's yet to trash. I was about to use a Q's Decree and check if life bonuses applied to all swords or not.

"
Mennphis wrote:

I know this is a long shot, but wanted to discard it. It will be very broken if you could get the swords without the no not-animated minions restriction.

"
Mennphis wrote:

I'm actually more interested in this one and to know if "minions" bonus apply to all swords cumulative or not at all. If so, the 10-15% life and 80-100% speed bonus may be nuts. I mean, when the item has an "nearby allies" get bonus, it applies, is "minions" more restrictive? usually, it refers to "your" minions, but as they are your minions who provide bonus to your minions, maybe, maybe, it works...

Hi Mennphis, have you been able to try it?

Regards!
so the Chains of Command armour doesnt have to be 6 linked just 6 socket...is it still valid?
Hello everyone, I have updated the PoB for 3.6:

https://pastebin.com/QHwFFg7H

please note that it is much easier to obtain weapons with "hits cant be evaded" because we can craft it now. I still prefer the Pathfinder just because of all the immunities + huge life recovery from flasks + bleed immune.

Secondly, in place of "the scourge" claw, I have oped for a rare craft weapon with minion damage, and most importantly "cast socketed spell when you use a skill"

This enables us to be casting flesh offering and desecrate or unearth while moving around.

You can craft this minion damage mod on a weapon using "bound fossil" or you can obtain a weapon from the temple. You then must bench craft the trigger ability (which is a suffix)
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
"
Sbbulakk wrote:
"
Sbbulakk wrote:
"
Mennphis wrote:

"
Mennphis wrote:

"
Mennphis wrote:

Hi Mennphis, have you been able to try it?

Regards!

Late answer but I tested this yesterday. As I suspected it doesn't work, my skeletons are not faster, and the max number of skeleton didn't change too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info