[3.6] Worms of Command - (Infinite worms + chains of command on a PF)

"
DionSins wrote:
Okay, I've set up something like this now. Modified the tree a bit, and went with a scion, with pathfinder/necro. Then i also decided to go with a foil with high phys and a tad of fire damage. 320phys dps and 60 or so fire.
So the question is, what would the best links be for this? chestwise. Thinking that minion speed, minion damage and then all in on scaling the physical?
I also use grips of the council to further scale the physical along with a hatred/anger/generosity setup with enlighten 3.
I've messed around with it in tier 10+ maps for now, and I'm left with a feeling that if there are too many mobs, i start loosing the animated weaps to AoE? How do i deal with this, do i just need a larger base of swords as i run, or??

I guess you could swap ele focus with melee phys. But scaling phys AFAIK is much harder to do than ele damage. Have you run it through PoB? that would give a pretty good indication.

As for the minions dying, getting jewels with some minion resists really helps a lot. I run 4 now. Also, when you are in an area with lots of monsters, you can literally spam worms non stop.

Lastly, another alternative is you can use something like this:

with all the extra life recovery from flasks and what-not, it will heal your minions quickly.
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
"
NoBillag wrote:
Why do you use EE?

Because my character deals cold damage and my minions do lightning/fire
Thank you for the reply. Messed around quite a bit with it. And well.. i'm pairing it up with the dancing duo. Seems to up the clearspeed quite and the dps. Might be my phys scaling that i previously mentioned :)
"
DreamScythe wrote:
"
NoBillag wrote:
Why do you use EE?

Maybe I've been misunderstanding EE. So, when your ice nova triggers, EE procs. Meaning mob is getting resis to cold and remove resis for fire/lightning.

Then, when the AW or AG hits the mob, won't that proc EE again for them? Making mob now resistant to fire/lightning?

I thought since they are your minions they'll also proc EE when they hit.. but if that's not the case, then EE does make sense :)

Maybe I've just misunderstaning EE :)
I was making similar build and moved more towards your idea :) I have also few thoughts about it:
1. Convocation on self cast could be needed in some boss fights(swap for higher lvl gem situationally?)
2. Spirit Offering may be good option, dps get lower but minions get high survivability(much res and ES).
3. Corruption in amulet for minion damage implicit
4. I got max curse from tree because it's close(I took upper minion nodes in my tree) and character has nothing special to self cast. I'm using lvled ele weakness as self cast(in unset ring) and low lvl assassing in cwdt
And 5th one: with duration nodes, cwdt vortex is more funnny than ice nova :P
Last edited by Ywinel on Apr 20, 2018, 4:12:28 AM
Great build, having fun with it, until now...I just cant beat elder on t14.I beat every guardian without death, died once on t15 lightning guardian (my bad, i shouldnt die on it) but now elder just f*cked me up 2 times in a row.I just cant win that fight.Everything goes smoothly, i bring down his health his half healthbar then he hit me with something, dunno what is it, im 1hit.And here comes the problem, every time i come back i dont have enough animate weapon (starting from 0) and i just have to kite like a maniac.Cant go near to elder or when i go i die from something again.This story happened twice in a row, just cant kill him...Any advice what can i improve on my gear?I want to get a decent minion movementspeed amulet, or minion damage and minion damage on gloves.Any other idea?

Edit:Just bought a Bloodgrip amulet with minion dmg implicit.That 100% life recovery from flasks is pretty dope!
Last edited by slicchabib on Apr 20, 2018, 8:44:47 AM
"
DreamScythe wrote:
a level 24 animate guardian should have well over 30k hp, and with the listed items, have 4% life regen.

you only need 35 all resists to cap his resist. You can get this from a pair of gloves. Use rare boots if you have to as well.

I made the changes you suggested, and following the guy buyed a Ornament of the East with Victario Charity and man the build changed alot xD

Now i am lvling a Ranger in season because to use with this build, thanks again man :)

One question, with Ornament of the East, its better to change the support gem in the Chains of Command?
Last edited by vempire_ghost on Apr 20, 2018, 10:00:09 AM
"
NoBillag wrote:
"
DreamScythe wrote:
"
NoBillag wrote:
Why do you use EE?

Maybe I've been misunderstanding EE. So, when your ice nova triggers, EE procs. Meaning mob is getting resis to cold and remove resis for fire/lightning.

Then, when the AW or AG hits the mob, won't that proc EE again for them? Making mob now resistant to fire/lightning?

I thought since they are your minions they'll also proc EE when they hit.. but if that's not the case, then EE does make sense :)

Maybe I've just misunderstaning EE :)

Mechanically, minions are not the player, and do not share effects between them. When an enemy is hit with an attack from a player, it applies the elemental equilibrium effect to an enemy. This effect lasts until another player with elemental equilibrium hits that target, or the duration expires. The enemy does not change resistances based on what it gets hit by, it only changes based on the player under the effects of elemental equilibrium.

This can be exploited in one of two ways: The player hits using elements that their minions do not use (for example: SRS uses fire, and the player attacks with either lightning or cold damage), or the player hits using an element, then uses a non-hitting attack to benefit from the resistance shift (spells like Scorching Ray and Righteous Fire do not hit, they apply damage over time to enemies within their areas).

So by applying an EE hit to an enemy, the minions are free to attack without causing EE of their own, benefitting from that sweet, sweet -50% resistance.

However, totems are extensions of the player, and benefit from any and all effects the player does. Charges, passive nodes, auras, and equipped items affecting the player also affect your totems, so a totem will trigger Elemental Equilibrium.
Last edited by CJRodgers on Apr 20, 2018, 7:04:40 PM
"

Minions wont proc EE, only your character can. So they get the full benefit of it.

"
1. Convocation on self cast could be needed in some boss fights(swap for higher lvl gem situationally?)
2. Spirit Offering may be good option, dps get lower but minions get high survivability(much res and ES).
3. Corruption in amulet for minion damage implicit
4. I got max curse from tree because it's close(I took upper minion nodes in my tree) and character has nothing special to self cast. I'm using lvled ele weakness as self cast(in unset ring) and low lvl assassing in cwdt
And 5th one: with duration nodes, cwdt vortex is more funnny than ice nova :P

-I like your idea for spirit offering, it is a very cheap way to give your minions resist until you can afford better jewels.

-After lots of testing, 2 curses isnt really necessary. I now use corrupted ele weakness on hit gloves which are on my AG, and he curses for me =D

-Also blade vortex is a good idea if you can get added cold damage to spells.

"
I just cant beat elder on t14

I have a video of red elder ( i start with 0 worms)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUchN1oXUC0&feature=youtu.be

The trick for killing him is to stay very close to him and make worms in front of your AG. Since your AG has multistrike, he will kill the worms very quickly and resummon several weapons.

You also have to move very quickly when he slams or summons tentacles.

"
One question, with Ornament of the East, its better to change the support gem in the Chains of Command?

Nah, just use the same supports. Ele damage all the way!

"
CJRodgers wrote:

Mechanically, minions are not the player, and do not share effects between them. [...]

Thanks, I didn't know that. Then it makes sense to use EE :) Next level up I'll get it. Thx :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info