What's an Exalted Orb? <PoE - RNG Mode>

I agree on the Atlas.

I don't feel anything should be guaranteed, I enjoy the grind, but running an alc'd Atoll and getting a Beach or Lookout in return just doesn't seem right - I guess map drops are any tier below and up to 2 tiers higher?
A 90% return on maps would still not equate to a profit and RNG rules in regards to what drops we do get.
It feels like we're not too far from a 25% return rate currently, and that's generous, with Shaper/Elder influence perhaps doubling that?
Shaper/Elder influence seems very powerful and there is a noticeable difference in running Regular maps vs Influenced maps - not including chiseling, which the only maps I've chiseled were those with existing quality, a chisel or two just to top them off.
12 chaos for 20 chisels is still expensive to me and not worth it because normally you don't see 12 raw chaos drops over the 5 maps they would boost.

I do wish the returns were considerably higher though (just maps - nothing else) even a 50% return would be better than these "house odds" because the house always wins overall.
Now, there is a way to manipulate the Atlas by un-completing maps to increase the odds of a certain map/tier dropping but it's very expensive and most people aren't going to mess with it.

Apologies for a paragraph there's just so much that can be discussed.
...this escalated quickly.
Last edited by thMadHatter83 on Apr 16, 2018, 5:44:21 PM
Had 5 Ex drops in one day. Quantity 120 % + maps with Quantity > 130 % + high clearspeed ist the key ;)
Last edited by frky on Apr 17, 2018, 4:03:07 AM
Don't feel bad. I've only had two exalt drops in three leagues and last season I ran a 115% move speed tornado shot ranger that could clear maps like they were a joke. RNG hates me to the point where my friends jokingly refuse to let me join parties.

Maybe next league the curse will be lifted when I sacrifice 52 goats and 300 chickens at the church of RNGesus Lulz.

Don't forget about that chaos recipe though it's what has limped me through abyss and bestiary so far and still allow me to enjoy testing new builds with the ascendancy switch.
Still no Exalts, but I haven't been able to play much this week.

I used the Chaos recipe faithfully and that has allowed me to get the mid-tier gear for my build. But, that "end game" gear? Won't happen unless it drops at my feet. (Prices are stupid-ridiculous, too, and that doesn't help.)

I've learned a few things this league, my second:

1) DO NOT pick builds that rely on uncommon or expensive gear on XBox, thinking you'll be able to pick it up from the Marketplace. The Marketplace hates you.

2) You can not play "Wallmart" and expect every decent item you find will sell. It won't. G3 will happily sell you more stash pages so you can sell everything you find. But, they may as well be labeled "Storage." You'd be better off just tagging your entire stash as "Public." It's not like you're going to use all that crap, anyway. Your potential customers? Yeah, they won't pay more than a Fuse for anything. Why? They hate you.

3) Finally, you're into the Atlas? "Now's when the phat lewtz drop, right?" Oh, you sweet summer child... This is where G3 keeps all the random crap that nobody ever buys. You'll find more +1 Life rings here than you can shake your mailed fist at. "Yes, I too would like to buy that +1 Life ring" you think players will be saying? No. (See #2)

4) "But, "Uniques" sell well, right?" Yes, they do, except for yours. That's because the ones that the RNG gods see fit for you to put in that dumpster you call a Stash in your hideout are the ones that people don't want. "But, all the "builds" are based on the properties of Uniques! They're all good Uniques, Bront!" No. There are two classes of Uniques in the game: One is the ones that you get and the other are the good ones. The RNG gods hate you.

5) Currency does not flow like water in the Atlas. It's more like a slowly spinning torrent accompanied by a "flushing sound." See all that nice mid-game currency you collected on your way to the Atlas? Wave "bye bye" to it. You'll be shoveling it out of your dumpster as fast as you can, trying to get a decent map to run. And, when you finally get a map to run? It will have cost you three times what you'll gain from it in consumable currency. In fact, "Consumables" should tell you something - Currency isn't a reward. It's there for you to feed the game. As soon as you get it, you'll be forced to "spend" (consume) it. It's sort of like crack, without the fun. That Currency/Consumables tab you just bought from G3? The one that will hold "OVER 9000" items in each dedicated slot? It hates you.

6) All builds are not capable. I don't mean that some are better than others. I mean that some builds are just "developmentally disabled." They might rely on items impossible to easily acquire without having another, better, character. They might be focused on "Hardcore" which means "You can't kill anything, but you won't die unless you fall asleep playing this Snoozefest build." Some are of the "It looks good on paper" build. That's the one that has fifty-eleven pages of people posting complaints and questions about it when the originator finally decides to reply with "Well, Path of Building showed this build as having over 9000million dps so I thought I'd post it so the community could benefit from my experience with Path of Building." ANY build that states "ZOMGZ! AEWSUM GIANT DPS BULD CHEEP SHAPER DOWN - 20 Kayoss" should be avoided at all costs. Why? Because, that guy who spent ten minutes on the toilet putting together that walking loading-screen-of-a-build hates you.

7) There will be something "On Sale" in the Real Money Marketplace that you don't want. You really don't want it. You never wanted it. In fact, it's stupid. You'd never use! It's just not "you" and it clashes with the drapes. You've seen it in-game before and you actually said out loud "That is stupid." No, nobody was in the room to hear you, but don't worry - It's normal to find oneself talking to oneself while playing PoE. But, that "thing" in the marketplace? You'll buy it, anyway, even though it's stupid. You'll find some excuse to buy it. "Oh, it comes with currency" or "It might be cool for my other character" or "I always wanted a hat." There will be some reason you'll buy it. Why? You will buy it because it's one of the few things in the game you can actually "make happen" that allows you to acquire something desirable. And, even if you thought it was stupid, you'll find someway to convince yourself to buy it just for that one moment of achievement... Congratulations! G3 doesn't hate you. They're the only ones that love you.

;)
Last edited by Morkonan on Apr 19, 2018, 11:08:59 PM
Don't waste your time with the chaos recipe...
"
frky wrote:

Yes, I've heard of this strategy before... However, if I hadn't taken advantage of the Chaos Recipe, I'd have even less than I do now. My "currency" is Chaos. :) I'll never have a nice shiny collection of Exalts.

It doesn't take any appreciable time. I pick up stuff my current recipe collection is short on, dump it in the dumpster and cash it in when I have all the pieces. Considering map prices and the current map-drought I'm experiencing, I need those Chaos infusions. The Totem build I'm using runs maps fairly easily, but not as quick as my other build could, which was the one I was going to support (To get the gear necessary to run maps quickly) with my Totem build being dedicated to running Labs. That other build is now in the dust, since it's too weak without the necessary gear to run maps as efficiently as the Totem build.

Plus, there's the issue of having lag and connection issues, from time to time, that complicates "speed runs."
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
frky wrote:

Yes, I've heard of this strategy before... However, if I hadn't taken advantage of the Chaos Recipe, I'd have even less than I do now. My "currency" is Chaos. :) I'll never have a nice shiny collection of Exalts.

It doesn't take any appreciable time. I pick up stuff my current recipe collection is short on, dump it in the dumpster and cash it in when I have all the pieces. Considering map prices and the current map-drought I'm experiencing, I need those Chaos infusions. The Totem build I'm using runs maps fairly easily, but not as quick as my other build could, which was the one I was going to support (To get the gear necessary to run maps quickly) with my Totem build being dedicated to running Labs. That other build is now in the dust, since it's too weak without the necessary gear to run maps as efficiently as the Totem build.

Plus, there's the issue of having lag and connection issues, from time to time, that complicates "speed runs."

Ignoring chaos recepie and doing chaos recepie goes hand in hand.
"
frky wrote:

This sounds like advice for players who are efficiently farming higher end content. For the rest of us hacks, I expect that the chaos recipe will be the main source of chaos orbs - perhaps the thing that is providing most of the chaos orbs to buy the stuff found by those efficient farmers ..... Being able to ignore the chaos formula is probably one of the signs that you have "arrived".
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
"
"
frky wrote:

This sounds like advice for players who are efficiently farming higher end content. For the rest of us hacks, I expect that the chaos recipe will be the main source of chaos orbs - perhaps the thing that is providing most of the chaos orbs to buy the stuff found by those efficient farmers ..... Being able to ignore the chaos formula is probably one of the signs that you have "arrived".

Everyone should know how to map efficiently. Chaos recipe is GOOD in the beginning of the league but is no longer required this late in the league. You're better off alching & running it. Put your loot filter on (4) and run through it as quick as you can w/o wasting your time by picking up useless junk. You make money faster that way.
No, not only for endgame. The problem is that you waste a lot of time with picking up the items etc. Furthermore sometimes i put a magic item in my chaos stash tab by accident. Then when i think i have a complete set, i go to the vendor just to realize that something is wrong. So i have to check every item to find the wrong one. Then i have to go back to the stash and exchange it.

Just buy Sadmias Touch, Goldwyrm, Peranduz Blazon and Thiefs Tornment. These items will give you around 60 Quantity.

Just play some "stupid" T1-T3 map with a nice layout which you can clear in 2-3 minutes. This will give you easily 50 C / hour.

I played Shaped Burial Chambers. Normal T3 would be even better, because the clearspeed would be much higher, but i didn't want to play T3 maps. Next time i will shape my atlas to play the T3 version. I did around 100-120 T8 Burial Chambers, each 4 min. Which is around 8 hours. In this time I got currency worth 400 C (Chaos, Fuse, Juwellers, Alchs etc.) + 7 or 8 pure Exalted and 3 Doctor Card which I sold for 20 Exalted. Overall this is around 2000 Chaos in 8 hours...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info