What's an Exalted Orb? <PoE - RNG Mode>

I haven't seen an Exalt this League. Last league, my first, I had at least three drop long before this point.

Chaos? Sure, I get some, here and there. The market at my level is driven by Exalts, though - I've bought all the gear for my build that I could buy with Chaos. All the sellers on the market for half-decent gear seem to be trying to finance their home mortgages...

So, Beasts? I don't bother, anymore - I'm constantly out of nets, anyway and can't afford to buy more, even if I could catch the suckers before they die or magically regain half their health while netted.

Selling stuff in the Marketplace? Sure, I do that. I have a bajillion items for sale that are decent for what they are, but nobody wants them, of course. (I'm dumping them all today, gonna vendor-crack them, so if you see something for just one fuse, it's probably mine and going to get cracked if you don't buy it! :) )Some are even exceptional, but they're outleveled by now by most players. And, of course, I'm a bit limited to running low level maps because I want a decent chance of actually completing the Atlas and can't get the drops I need. (I've only ever died during mapping, regardless of difficulty, if I practically fall-asleep at the wheel... (Lifting's Totem/Labrunner build - Very tanky, safe/good dps.)

I'd sell more, but I'm almost out of Wisdom scrolls, since I've been working hard to find items to help me accumulate some currency and have already converted as many Portals as I dare.

Maps - I'm just about out of maps that have a chance to give me what I need. I'm out of Chance orbs, since I bought what I could from Zana to fill in where I could.

So, I'm stuck in neutral, about to run out of usable consumable currency, have little luxury currency left, alch every map hoping to get some more maps or something to sell, so going to run low or out of those too, and have long outleveled the maps I'm running because I just can't get the other maps I need for that Tier to drop.

A friend is going to help me fill-in the maps I don't have so I can actually continue progressing as I should be progressing if I want good map completion. So, I have that going for me. :)

My last hope is to spend what I have left to buy all the maps I need from the marketplace. And, if RNG keeps going the way it is for me, I'll have a great build that is a lot of fun to play, but nowhere to go with it when I hit the next map-currency-gear hurdle and I'll be out of usable currency, since I'll spend it all trying to overcome the RNG...

So, pull up a chair, have a beer, and tell me your RNG sob stories. :) How do you feel being married to an RNG that doesn't seem to appreciate you? :D
Last edited by Morkonan on Apr 8, 2018, 4:04:31 PM
Last bumped on Apr 23, 2018, 5:14:17 PM
I've had 2 exalt drops in the last 2 days and 5 Kings heart cards drop today. RNG has been nice to me lol
Just bought a map I desperately needed!

Start running the map... get disconnected. Reconnect, get disconnected, reconnect, run for awhile, trying to finish map, get disconnected...

When I play during off-peak hours, no problem, game runs smooth as silk. Try to leap-slam once during peak hours, disconnect-festival.

:/

OH, and the game doesn't know it sends me Bid Confirmations, either. That's the problem with the marketplace alerts people are having. When I disconnect and log back in, predictably back into the Oriath spawn point, the game keeps re-sending me the same "Accepted Bid" notice that I got for the Map I bought.

Every time.

"Bid Accepted!"

Yeah, I know the bid was accepted because I'm trying to run the same fookin' map you're telling me that my bid was successful for.

So, the problem there is that the game is somehow waiting on some sort of response to come back from my client acknowledging the notice was received. Somewhere, that isn't happening.

Oh, and me getting to run that map that I desperately needed and bought and paid for on the marketplace?

That isn't fookin' happening, either...

Fun game, but it sucks. The player's enjoyment is left up to a random number generator and that's what I'm putting in my review. (IF anyone ever cared to ask me to write one.)
I'm probably stating the obvious but farming Lab for currency is an option.
Running even Merciless Lab a few times with some IIR/IIQ gear can give some serious returns.
For a character at this stage in Mapping the Merc Lab should be no issue at all, a few minutes tops per run.
Alc's, Chance's, Chaos(for more Alcs/Chances) etc.
It's mindless running but can be productive, all RNG of course.
...this escalated quickly.
Just got my first Exalted Orb of the League today, less than an hour ago. Found it in a T5 or so map. Luck is luck! I've found maybe a grand total of around 20 Chaos Orbs myself; Traded for around an additional ~30-ish.
"
thMadHatter83 wrote:
I'm probably stating the obvious but farming Lab for currency is an option.
Running even Merciless Lab a few times with some IIR/IIQ gear can give some serious returns.
For a character at this stage in Mapping the Merc Lab should be no issue at all, a few minutes tops per run.
Alc's, Chance's, Chaos(for more Alcs/Chances) etc.
It's mindless running but can be productive, all RNG of course.

This is all true and I may have to resort to doing that, not for great enchants to sell, just for the chance of getting a currency drop or something nice worth selling.

BUT, the last time I ran Merciless I was disconnected three + times... :/ :)
Yeah some people hate Lab with a passion but I actually enjoy it.
Chances of hitting quality gem chests and really good/unique strongboxes.
Corrupted chests in the Lab have been really good to me this league as well, you just never know.
Some runs might only produce 3-4 Alcs and some runs are a mass of loot/currency, an equivalent of 20+ chaos or more, which is still nothing for me to frown at, not to mention when you hit the jackpot on all 9 keys and your character disappears behind currency tags.
Something like this is always RNG based and people bash on the Lab because they can steamroll 15+ maps in the time it takes to complete a run. I'm in no hurry lol and I'm thankful I still enjoy picking up items and not rushing through in 20secs leaving everything on the ground; guess that's why some will say I'll always be broke'_'
...this escalated quickly.
Last edited by thMadHatter83 on Apr 13, 2018, 12:32:25 PM
I'm going to probably take your advice and start running back-to-back Merc Labs for awhile. (Can't get the Uber challenges to pop much.) I need the currency, badly. :)

I've upgraded my network hardware, so I'm hoping that will help. If not, then I'll have to get a tech out to check my lines before finally declaring this a "I can't do anything about it" connection issue.
Ive found at least 8 raw exalts this league compared to like 1or 2 in abyss. I'd say RNG is RNG
As for my Sob Story now, no new Exalts found yet lol

My drop chance for higher Tier maps completely sucks, even though I now have 40 or so total Maps completed (40% chance to drop a higher-tier Map when a Map drops.) So, now that I am on T7-9 maps, I am having to buy them off of the Trade Market because the Maps I keep dropping are literally just the same Tier 1-4 Maps (Whyever did they make it so that when you're running Tier 7 Maps or so, that Tier 1-4 was a possible drop??)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info