Unable to scroll through characters list on Firefox

I'm using Firefox 60.0b10 (64-bit) on MacOS High Sierra

When the character page is loaded by clicking a character from any page, or on the view-profile/accname/characters page for any account when logged in, no scroll bar renders, and scrolling up and down simply moves the page up and down.

Nothing errors out in the developer console when opening the page or trying to scroll, and all adblockers are disabled on the domain.
Last edited by _Multiplicity on Apr 7, 2018, 4:14:00 PM
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2019, 5:05:39 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hi, this is still true, a whole version of Firefox later. This has got to be stopping other people from scrolling through characters right?
Last edited by _Multiplicity on Jul 25, 2018, 10:27:31 PM
Sorry, but no...have always used fire fox and there is and never has been a problem scrolling through the char list.

1. update fire fox
2. make sure addons are not blocking functionality.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Sorry, but no...have always used fire fox and there is and never has been a problem scrolling through the char list.

1. update fire fox
2. make sure addons are not blocking functionality.

Firefox is very up to date

I tried disabling all extensions, this is still an issue for me.
Not able to reproduce with the same version of Firefox on my Windows machine. Might be a Mac-specific issue.

Do you still have the problem when viewing the page in an incognito window (or private window in Firefox I guess)? Just to rule out any possibilities of extensions messing things up.
Web DeveloperView our Developer Docs
"
Novynn wrote:
Not able to reproduce with the same version of Firefox on my Windows machine. Might be a Mac-specific issue.

Do you still have the problem when viewing the page in an incognito window (or private window in Firefox I guess)? Just to rule out any possibilities of extensions messing things up.

Alright. I'm now on Firefox Developer Edition 62.0b7 (64-bit)
(**skip to bottom for a diff of the HTML that's being generated for me**)

I just now did these steps:
1) Disable every extension
2) Turn off tracking protection for Firefox
3) Open an incognito tab (and didn't sign in) to https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Skvimpan/characters

On Safari, I can see the scroll bar
Spoiler

But on Firefox, it isn't there:
Spoiler

This isn't a problem for me on Windows, so I'd say yes it's a Mac-Firefox specific issue.

Here's the raw HTML of the webpage within div `<div class="profile ">`, for Windows Firefox and MacOS Firefox:
Windows: https://pastebin.com/j9CGQbWt
MacOS: https://pastebin.com/y2fXzf6n

Here's a diff of the two HTML renders, Windows (working) on left, Mac (not working) on right: https://www.diffchecker.com/hKrvszY9

Some styling is just...missing for Macs!

This happens for me on multiple macs using FF Dev edition.

I read the #tool-devs channel on the /r/pathofexile discord if it's more convenient to debug there, but I think this is all the information I have to give

Best,
Multiplicity

Last edited by _Multiplicity on Jul 25, 2018, 9:40:35 PM
Looks like we just don't support the fallback case for MacOS (all browsers on MacOS can't use custom scrollbars).

Will look into getting this fixed up, thanks for your help!
Web DeveloperView our Developer Docs
"
Novynn wrote:
Looks like we just don't support the fallback case for MacOS (all browsers on MacOS can't use custom scrollbars).

4 month bump on this, still broken on latest FF (64.0b12 (64-bit)) on Mac, now on Mac OS Mojave.
"
Novynn wrote:

2019 bump! Still broken on Firefox (now 66) on Mac OS Mojave. Can't scroll!
Another 2 month bump, still can't view all characters on Mac Firefox

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info