End game is only sustaining red maps. Fun?

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
Bone2flesh wrote:

Thank you very much for the screenshot. Especially coming from a SSF player it is undeniable proof that map sustain is only a l2play issue for most people.

The dude has more maps in his stash than i've run this league and I have 4 90+s and i'm done with the league, this isn't to dispute that map drops can be sustained i'm just pointing out that this guys sample size is vastly and i mean vastly above what most people will have completed when they are complaining about it.

The problem with all these threads is people don't understand how averages work, if alched maps drop 1.1 maps per map that doesn't mean that you run 100 and get 110 back, it means on average if you run 100 maps you will get 110 back.

The issue then becomes that some players simply can't put the numbers in to crunch through bad luck streaks, this is why we always recommend buy maps if your luck starts to suck ass.

tldr - you need a huge sample size to prove map drops are fine, which most will never get to.

The point of my screenshot was not to say that the map drop system is fine. In fact as I have stated in my post I'm not a big fan of it.

The real thing for me and Bone2flesh is that no one can say "I can only do atlas progression through trade" or " I have used XXX currency and red maps do not drop". Once a guy claim he alched 200 yellow maps and he had no return... I mean come on ...

Saying "I don't like the map drop system " is just an opinion, no problem with that.
However stating "red maps don't drop" is a false statement.

Sustaining maps is a long run, nothing to add.

For example I sustained T11 maps just by running alched T9 -11 maps (yeah I'm still running T9 maps to shape elder influence). In addition T12+ maps still drop T11...

The same reasoning can be applied to T12 and T13 maps.

I'm still using more currency for T14 and T15 and that's all.
Last edited by noisakrach on Apr 4, 2018, 6:51:55 AM
my post was more a response to bone2flesh saying that if you can do it in SSF it has to be l2p for everyone else tbh not a comment on the map system as a whole.

Too many players that have never experienced genuinely bad luck streets love to think that people that do are incompetent, I've been stuck at T10 before when chisel/vaaling every map (this was before atlas though) and you heard exactly the same arguments back then like because I alch/chisel/vaal my maps its not possible for me to not get upgraded map drops.

You have to have the time to push through that so that you can get to the hidden average of what returns are supposed to be and many players simply won't have that time, I made reference to your screenshot because its fairly clear that you've run enough maps that if there is an average you'd be fairly close to it and its never people who can run hundreds of maps that are complaining.

Should note i don't believe for a minute that someone that alched 200 maps didn't make any progress some people genuinely just complain without adapting at all, but some players also genuinely just have bad luck.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
my post was more a response to bone2flesh saying that if you can do it in SSF it has to be l2p for everyone else tbh not a comment on the map system as a whole.

Too many players that have never experienced genuinely bad luck streets love to think that people that do are incompetent, I've been stuck at T10 before when chisel/vaaling every map (this was before atlas though) and you heard exactly the same arguments back then like because I alch/chisel/vaal my maps its not possible for me to not get upgraded map drops.

You have to have the time to push through that so that you can get to the hidden average of what returns are supposed to be and many players simply won't have that time, I made reference to your screenshot because its fairly clear that you've run enough maps that if there is an average you'd be fairly close to it and its never people who can run hundreds of maps that are complaining.

Should note i don't believe for a minute that someone that alched 200 maps didn't make any progress some people genuinely just complain without adapting at all, but some players also genuinely just have bad luck.

I get your point. It's more about baring/dealing with the RNG grind than being competent or not.
Last edited by noisakrach on Apr 4, 2018, 7:48:13 AM
You don't have to sustain t15-16, t13+ is fine and easy to achieve.
Oh... just to let you know... no one believes you when you say you had to drop to Tier 7. That's silly.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Oh... just to let you know... no one believes you when you say you had to drop to Tier 7. That's silly.

I dropped from 11 back down to 6 alching every map... (Also chisel a few and vaaled a few, desperate to break into t11+.) I am a noob and didn’t have some big map pool, but what is silly about that?
You went through T10, T9, T8, T7 all the way to 6? Nah. You didn't. You got to T11 before you were ready... maybe bought one. You "cheated" to get there. If you had built up to T11 you would have had plenty of maps in T7-T10 to run. You didn't pay the cost of getting to T11 and you couldn't sustain it.

That's on you... not on "RNG" or luck or what ever kids today are calling it.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You went through T10, T9, T8, T7 all the way to 6? Nah. You didn't. You got to T11 before you were ready... maybe bought one. You "cheated" to get there. If you had built up to T11 you would have had plenty of maps in T7-T10 to run. You didn't pay the cost of getting to T11 and you couldn't sustain it.

That's on you... not on "RNG" or luck or what ever kids today are calling it.

The game dropped me a t11 map before I was ready... You’re smugness is cute here, cause you’re factually wrong. I know you’re used to dealing with idiots around here shags, but you’re barking up the wrong tree. What I just said happened without any shadow of a doubt, but you can continue to look foolish and call me a liar for no reason.

It’s not like I had some giant pool of t7-10 maps. I had about 10 and went through them without getting a map of a higher quality. Which of course isn’t unbelievable if you play the game, which is why you’re pissing me off.

Edit: I’ve never traded for a map.
Last edited by jlw622 on Apr 4, 2018, 8:26:58 AM
"
jlw622 wrote:
It’s not like I had some giant pool of t7-10 maps. I had about 10 and went through them without getting a map of a higher quality. Which of course isn’t unbelievable

With such a small pool of course it is believable. A bad streak will wipe out your pool, that's why you need a lot more maps than that.

If you are willing to trade, I suggest you buy 20x T11 or T10 and you'll do fine from there on. Else you need to slowly regrind from T7 up, not moving onto the next tier until you have "enough" of them to be safe.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
hm i think main topic was not about map sustain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info