End game is only sustaining red maps. Fun?

I'm curious, it seems the endgame of PoE is just sustaining high end maps. For many days you can simply rotate through T12 back down to T7, and back up again, and back down. Thats with the Atlas over 130.

I guess this is satisfying for those who want the game to never end, because they can endlessly grind. For those just looking for progression, this is perhaps the worst game I've ever played.

You can't progress based on skill, you can't progress on gear, or build, or intelligence.

Its pure RNG. You can crush every boss in front of you and still be stuck doing easier bosses.

The entire model of endgame progression seems horribly empty and lame, and unskilled. Im sure the pro-GGG crowd has a good argument for why its well designed? Im curious what it is.
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2018, 2:25:09 AM
how are you getting down to t7? Are you anti-alching your maps?!!
I don't understand how anyone can not sustain at least T11 if not higher unless youre solo self found. Every map you do will net more than cost used to do it.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
ladish wrote:
how are you getting down to t7? Are you anti-alching your maps?!!

It's called a Super Scour, and all map drops get negative atlas bonus.

But for real, I haven't had to drop down to a TX or below in like two weeks, unless I'm doing shaper / elder stuff. I'm thinking either people aren't completing map bonuses and alching maps, or they're just plain exaggerating.
You are done with progression. Every game ends at some point. For some, the end comes sooner than later, and some just keep on grinding.

Btw...
Maps = endgame
Red maps = end-endgame ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"I don't understand how anyone can not sustain at least T11"

Its simple, the maps dont drop. I alch, 130 atlas, switch out gear for rarity, move through maps in a few minutes at most, use shaper orbs, etc.

The maps dont drop.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
You are done with progression. Every game ends at some point. For some, the end comes sooner than later, and some just keep on grinding.

Btw...
Maps = endgame
Red maps = end-endgame ;)

Thats fair, and I can accept it, but then Id have to not recommend this game and leave negative reviews on it, which is a shame.

To end with such a whimper, instead of a bang. Its like if the end boss in Grim Dawn, Diablo, etc. was to sort of fight a boss from 10 levels ago who is ridiculously easy.

This is simply the worst endgame for a game Ive ever encountered, and Ive played all manner of MMOs.

Sad, it has such potential.
An arpg has to offer "something to do" once you finished (act 10 kitava).

In poe, there are maps that you can play until you are bored. "Craft your own endgame" and see how far you can make it, both in terms of character power and will to Grind.

In other games, there is no endgame at all except "kill the last boss over and over". I definetely prefer poe over that, even if the endgame has many flaws.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Apr 4, 2018, 12:27:07 AM
It sounds like you aren't putting enough work in or are giving up after 5 maps. While you will get unlucky streaks, with 130/157 even just flat alc t11's you will get net positive returns t11+. Unless you have a weird shaping strat with all t12/t13 blank and expect to run the same map with zero effort.
"
trixxar wrote:
"I don't understand how anyone can not sustain at least T11"

Its simple, the maps dont drop. I alch, 130 atlas, switch out gear for rarity, move through maps in a few minutes at most, use shaper orbs, etc.

The maps dont drop.

Rarity does nothing for map drops. What you need is packsize. Chisel, alch/chaos till you have good rolls, use sextants, get Elder influence on your maps. Also get more Atlas completion if you are not running a shaped map setup.

If you still hit a streak of bad luck: Buy some maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info