London murder rate overtakes New York's

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-43610936

So any english friend have explanation for this?

Irish mafia?
Pepe the frog extremists?
video games?
Trump supporter?

"The Met Police has launched 44 murder investigations in 2018, 31 of which have been as a result of stabbings."

Should we ban knives now?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43603080
Met Police chief: Social media leads children to violence

Should we ban facebook?
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Apr 3, 2018, 8:03:52 AM
Last bumped on Apr 10, 2018, 5:53:42 PM
Russia hacked the statistics.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
As long as there are no mass shootings, everything is ok. Just one mass shooting will put your country on first pages for months and require the intervention of politicians, media and academics. Better to have many small stabbing deaths, that go unnoticed, until the frog is boiled.

But I really wonder what happened to those boring tea-sipping Birts? In just a few decades they've become so fucking violent. /s
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
You meme 'should we ban knives now?', but Britain is actually putting serious thought into doing exactly that.

Online Knife Sales Banned in the UK

It's already illegal to own fixed-blade knives in Britain, and this is the country that tried to confiscate kitchen knives from its citizenry because 'long and pointy are unnecessary in any working blade'. You can't own knives unless they're short-bladed folders (or you owned it prior to knife bans), and you can't carry any knife you own unless it's a short-bladed folder.

And yet here we are looking at a murder spike in London.

Yup. 'Murica's the oooooooooooooooooonly place with a Violence Problem these days, yep yep. If only our laws were completely 100% identical to those of places like the U.K. where nobody's ever illegally murdered ever, right gaiz?
The UK government has absolutely decimated the police budget and numbers over the last 8 years or so. There isn't actually a proven link between number of police on the streets and crime figures but given how rare it is in the UK these days to ever see police on the streets I can't help thinking that this is coming back to bite them on the arse.
Police forces are always reactive. The chances of even a heavily staffed and flush-funded police force having an officer right there Johnny-on-the-spot for whatever violent crime is befalling you at any given moment is close to nil. It happens, but criminals kinda specifically try and pick their places and their moments to avoid it happening.

Without information on what kind of murders London is experiencing a rash of, impossible to tell if underfunded cops are a causative factor or merely a side story. But the whole "the police will protect me from criminals!" thing is a myth. Police will try and protect the second victim by catching the crook; they're rarely able to do more than offer condolences to the first victim('s family).
"
Xavderion wrote:
Russia hacked the statistics.

+1

:))
"
1453R wrote:
But the whole "the police will protect me from criminals!" thing is a myth.

You just need to look at the so called "knife intifada" going on in Israel in ~2016, to realize that stabbing attacks are impossible to prevent (criminal even less than terror related). Even a country that is highly militarized, with military intelligence covering all aspects of life and knowing exactly from which demographic source the attacks will come (Israelis don't shy from "racial profiling"), it was impossible to prevent random attacks.

If a real country can't do it, Eurocucks don't stand a chance of preventing anything. Because of political correctness, agenda driven misleading (kids are nuts because of violent video games!!), and because some demographics are protected and "more equal than others".

Current year London is not just a stabby stabby place, but apparently also the "acid attack capital" of Eurocuckland. I really wonder when did Brits transition from spilling hot tea on each other, to throwing battery acid into faces, but I guess this "just happens" in big cities, no? Part & parcel...

Hopefully Britons will soon need to get a governmental license for possessing bleach, if this isn't already the case :D
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Apr 3, 2018, 1:07:30 PM
Let's not go there on the cuck comments. I've made my opinion on the EU's rampant, paralyzing phobia of any sort of personal armament more than plain already, but one should attack the ideal, not the individual. Plus that's just a dismaying and really disappointing modern trend anyways.

That said, yeah. If someone decides they're going to grab a knife and go around stabbing people, there's not a lot anyone can do to stop them. Fortunately that's a rare type of attack - you don't often get someone who decides he's going to challenge himself to see how many kidneys he can perforate before someone catches on and shuts him down. Regardless, in a lot of cases the first indication a person will get that they've been targeted for a knife attack like this is a whole lot of sudden pain and a bunch of consternation as to why their body's not quite working properly.

I'm not lying - it can take several moments, and often requires secondary sensory data such as feeling the wound site and finding copious blood - before someone figures out they've been stabbed if they didn't see their attacker coming at them with the knife.

That said? Banning knives isn't going to stop those guys. Unlike firearms, it probably won't even slow them down much; anyone can make a prison shiv out of a length of metal stock and a grinder you can find and buy without issue in any decent hardware store in the world, and that's if you somehow can't find a regular tool knife that'll do the job. Knives are also too useful to the public at large to just ban forever, whatever the UK might think. Nobody keeps a kitchen without any knives in it, you need kitchen knives for food preparation.

Basic toolish folding knives are everyday kit for most people; I've got four on me whenever I'm heading out with my normal heading-out stuff, two of which are part of multitools I keep handy. Virtually everyone I know has some sort of multitool with them whenever they go anywhere, and all those multitools have folding knives in them. Are those Deadly Lethal Weapons? Not even remotely. Have they saved my butt several times when something unexpected has happened and I need an edge to do some bit of emergency repair? U-Betcha.

You can't toss knives forever because they're too bloody useful. Thus, the EU is going to have to find an actual solution to their knife problems instead of just banning everything that exists like they usually do. Nobody's giving up their tool knives because one madman uses a knife to stab some people.

WHICH IS AN AWFULLY FAMILIAR ARGUMENT, ISN'T IT PARKLAND THREAD GUYS Because it would be stupid and ridiculous to expect ordinary law-abiding citizens across an entire country to divest themselves of useful property they've obtained and used legally because one whack job abuses the system to go on an illegal murder spree in London, ne?
"
1453R wrote:
whatever the UK might think.

I think the UK figured out that there is a significant market for “feeling safe” and selling any and every kind of permit imaginable is a big industry that their government can monopolize. Just squeeze the public frenzy nerve and poop out a solution for £399 per citizen and a recurring £799 per business.

Purely speculative, of course, but if I were a government so hellbent on upending every institution and winging it as I go it’s what I’d do. You do want to think we’re so advanced and figured it all out, don’t you? Should be a big hit.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info