Want to share my uber budget endgame build... UPDATED "Delve"

I will play same ish build for the delve...

This new build will have ton of damage and different defence..

Key nodes will be:

1. Worthy foe = removing 20% of enemys health and 100% hit chanse for maximum poison stacks.

2. Canquer = 6% reduced damage taken from even dots !! and 2% health regen for free.

3. Fortittude = 20% less attack damage taken no mather damage type.

And i read something about ggg nerfing gladiators spell block while offering every character a weaker version, I dont know what this mean but i guess there will be spell block items, if champion will be able to get this then youre gonna be a god..

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.3.2/AAAABAQDAQBeAdwCEQOHBS0FtQZwCC4LYQxfDY0RLxHVFCAUdRXsFf0WvxjbGY4bRhynI_YmlSxkMHw1kjY9OSU8LT9sQzFF9Ed-Sn1LHEz_TeNOKk6fUEdRR1OlV5dbr18_YEFh4mKsY3Bkr2VNZ5to8myMb1d07XaCd-N5aHp_e9R9dYAig8yElITZh3aJcYo4ivCLpo19jb-PwZOZlWadqqIAo4qmf6luqqSuPq9stMW00bVItz65Hb02vqfBBMLsxFjGrsgMypDTftYH2L3awd6H5FHpRul262PsXO1B7YPuDu8O73rwH_Am9kj8xf4K_o_-ug==
Last edited by Viljan on Aug 29, 2018, 5:40:44 AM
"
Viljan wrote:

And i read something about ggg nerfing gladiators spell block while offering every character a weaker version, I dont know what this mean but i guess there will be spell block items, if champion will be able to get this then youre gonna be a god.

I am hoping that the spell block changes will not directly hurt the build. From the Delve Balance Manifesto:

Spell Block
We've changed how Spell Block is gained, so it is only available from flat sources of spell block. All existing sources of attack block to spell block conversion have been changed to a flat source of spell block, and we've added spell block to more places in the passive skill tree, with higher values than were previously available. The Gladiator passive skill now uses your attack block as your spell block.

My take on this is that Gladiators will not be able to stack the spell block items on top of their spell block equals attack block. So perhaps the core build will be unaffected, but anyone who was stacking additional spell block will be hurt. So for example, I may not longer be wishing that I could fit in Daresso's Courage.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Given the Delve changes, this may be a lame duck, but here are my thoughts after playing the build in the SSF Incursion Race (level 92, number 2 SSF Gladiator).

Found a new "love it" flask for my right button:

{suitable prefix} / {helpful utility flask}} / {of staunching}

I used a Surgeon's / sulphur flask / of staunching

It's not necessarily the best combination, but I needed some more damage and in SSF your options are limited to what you have or can craft with what you have. Back in Incursion, I am trying out a Quicksilver flask of Staunching. I think that you want a flask that you can easily keep up (I like flasks that allow you to store 3 uses) and thus greatly reduce the bleed risk. The best choice of prefix might be reduced charges required. But it's a really personal choice if you decide to go that way.

5th Linked Skill Gem: I settled on (again) Deadly Ailments as my fifth skill gem. Path of Building indicates more all in damage for Unbound Ailments, but for me, Deadly Ailments just seemed more effective (for Cyclone at least). The Embalmer glove really helps with gem juggling (lot cheaper to re-colour a four link versus a five link). I five linked my armour after levelling an Added Chaos Damage gem (used the Embalmer up to that point).

Never got a Cherrubim's Maleficence, and ended up with a Dendrobate (chest armour that is highly offence weighted but zero life) and Lioneye's Remorse (defensive shield with lots of life). It was not my preference, but does work with the build. Hurrah for the build!

An Added Chaos Damage gem took way too long to drop (and I only got one).

Probably into the yellow maps, I was using a rare Great White Claw (plus 100+% Physical damage, crafted plus amount Physical damage, plus attack speed), rare chest armour (decent Astral Plate), and a Thousand Teeth Temu shield. Again, Hurrah for the build (and the Embalmer).

For those familiar with Path of Building, my final setup (which remained a work in progress - no jewels):

https://pastebin.com/3mgSseV5

Last edited by AnExile_onthePath on Aug 29, 2018, 11:48:48 AM
"

but I needed some more damage and in SSF your options are limited to what you have or can craft with what you have.

An Added Chaos Damage gem took way too long to drop (and I only got one).

The first part is why im thinking about Champion.
Monsters take 20% increase damage is just insane, its comparable to slayers 20% cull but just that much better
Bosses with several phases means that champions 20% becomes 100% stronger for every single phase a boss got.
Aswell as 100% hit without actually trying is just insane again.

And i hope that 6% less damage take + permanent fortify will be strong enough alone, and what you wrote earlier about us being able to find spell block on the tree just makes it for me.

The fact that the chaos damage gem is a drop only is just brutal to the leveling experience, or rather when you first hit map stage.
When I went to the poop house I realised how wrong I was, getting rid of every phaze 20% faster is more accurate :).
I still rather have it that way then cull at flat 20% health.
well sure 10% spell block spread over the north 50% of the tree will be changed ? :P
Path of Building has been updated for the 3.4 skill tree allowing me to offer some more observations regarding effects on the build (including items previously commented upon).

Spell Block
We've changed how Spell Block is gained, so it is only available from flat sources of spell block. All existing sources of attack block to spell block conversion have been changed to a flat source of spell block, and we've added spell block to more places in the passive skill tree, with higher values than were previously available. The Gladiator passive skill now uses your attack block as your spell block.

As they said, your spell block now equals your attack block. Added spell block does nothing (if you want to see the spell block nodes, search "block spell" on Path of Building tree).

To coincide with the new Chaos Damage bow skills, we've reviewed and adjusted some of the Poison and Bow passives around the Ranger.

PoB indicates that poison damage is unchanged (x% increased chaos damage has the same effect as x% increased poison damage). But the chaos damage increases your "on hit" damage as well. For my Incursion race character, it was a 20% bump - but remember the poison damage is by far the healthier chunk. And probably no changes to main attack skill gem choices.

Added a new Dexterity Skill Gem - Herald of Agony: Grants a buff giving more poison damage and a chance to inflict poison. When you poison an enemy while you have this buff, you gain Virulence, and summon a minion that uses projectile and area attacks. You will lose Virulence over time, at a rate which increases the more Virulence you have. The minion will die when you have no Virulence.

Might have some use - details seem scant at the moment. You need an open gem socket and it has a 25% mana reservation (making the Impresence amulet even more appealling - otherwise you are looking at dropping Despair - unlikely because it is a major damage boost - or Grace, a useful defence addition). But the high poison stack application rate of the build sounds ideal for making this skill hum.

Secondary Damage
Sources of Secondary Damage, like corpse explosions or the blasts from Explosive Arrow, can now be blocked or dodged. The block and dodge type required is based on the source of the secondary damage. This is to make Explosive Arrow easier to mitigate in PvP, but also prevents certain monster abilities like corpse destruction bypassing defences of block or dodge based characters.

This sounds really promising. In the race, I was constantly concerned that Bameth would spawn behind me and apply Vaal Corpse Explosion - a Dreaded Rear Admiral level event in my mind. If this means Bameth can KMA without torching it, then great. It still sounds good regardless though.

So, so far things sound good to me. The build has not been turned META or anything (unless Herald of Agony turns out to be the ticket), but the only loss I have noticed so far is spell block stacking.

Last edited by AnExile_onthePath on Aug 29, 2018, 2:07:53 PM
Hey there. Now that 3.4 has been out a little, do we have any updates on this build? New PoB link or anything, is it better to change ascendancy to Champion, gear changes, etc? I still like to mess around with my guys on standard and would like to update this guy if at all possible. Thanks!
"
Jerevicious wrote:
Hey there. Now that 3.4 has been out a little, do we have any updates on this build? New PoB link or anything, is it better to change ascendancy to Champion, gear changes, etc? I still like to mess around with my guys on standard and would like to update this guy if at all possible. Thanks!

Im comfident to update abit when i turn off the xbox, found some good shit
"
Jerevicious wrote:

Here is a mini update on how I am playing the build in Trade Delve.

basically the same tree as the Incursion SSF race:
https://pastebin.com/3mgSseV5
except that I dropped a couple of "chance to poison on hit nodes" because you get 20% from Herald of Agony.

I think it would be stronger using jewels, but I have really lost my enthusiasm for jewel shopping and my drops are really weak.

I replaced the Blade Flurry 5 link with a Herald of Agony 5 link (my cyclone is still only a five link). I am also stuck on 5 Uber Lab trials.

Herald of Agony / Minion Damage / Damage on Full Life / Vicious Projectiles / Vile Toxins (have not tested my choices on PoB yet though and last I checked the minion damage of HoA was not covered by PoB)

Cyclone / Physical Melee Damage / Added Chaos Damage / Vile Toxins / Withering Touch

I cannot afford to run Blasphemy/Despair or Grace any more because HoA really chews up the mana reservation when you load it up.

And an Impresence would fix Despair, but they remain priced way out of reach.

So I put Despair into a Mark of Submission ring - makes it curse on hit.

For lack of any better inspiration, I put Vengeance/Riposte/Cull into the 3 link vacated by the auras.

I like the Herald of Agony. Its damage stacks on top of Cyclone rather than my old one or the other offence. I have mine set up as my clean up - it takes out stragglers and really helps with single target (hence the Vile Toxins instead of some sort of multiple projectile gem). I have just hit level 90 and I'm only working through the tier nine maps currently (and Delve 120-130, but the build is not holding my back). My only check point so far is "lesser" Atziri. Usually the fight drags out a little and there is a death or two on my part. The updated build does not insta-kill, but it really takes out Atziri and the clones quite quickly. I'm running a Jade flask of Staunching (since Grace is gone) and believe it or not, a Sin's Rebirth that dropped really early for me.

So far, I'm greatly pleased with the changes although my defence is a little shaky - that is because except for my Stygian Vise (and the Abyss jewel) and my Shield, the rest of my rare gear is all self found - going to the Trade Board for rares has really lost its appeal for me at the moment.

About the shield - I am using one with "increased damage % equal to your block %" which is another reason why my defence is not quite as solid as I would like. I'd switch to "% max life gained on block" but I am depending on some big resist rolls on my shield and so replacement would not be simple.

But the offence is so improved, I have been toying with running Enfeeble instead of Despair. I am unsure which of the new items will be available to you in Standard, but perhaps you have an Impresence already which would help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info