[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

"
FinnaDieFam wrote:
If you need a 6th link I'd recommend fortify so you'll have that up almost 100% of the time

This man is a genius.
"
Xyrm wrote:
"
FinnaDieFam wrote:
If you need a 6th link I'd recommend fortify so you'll have that up almost 100% of the time

This man is a genius.

i hope this is a joke.

added to the listing.

Cheers

p.s. I didn't include 'all content viable' in the title, since you yourself in the cons section listed ' Cannot do elemental reflect maps'.

Small caveat. I don't expect it should be able to do reflect, but that is otherwise misleading.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Last edited by Kwitch on Apr 2, 2018, 4:46:15 PM
"
AVtime1 wrote:
"
Xyrm wrote:
"
FinnaDieFam wrote:

This man is a genius.

i hope this is a joke.

Obviously. Fortify only works on melee hit. Sometimes I forget the internet can be sarcasm proof.

I think blind is a strong candidate. It helps feed into the evasion/dodge mechanic, and allows us to not worry about it when looking for abyss jewels.
Last edited by Xyrm on Apr 2, 2018, 5:17:21 PM
Would jewel slots be the best place to get attack speed? My cooldown time is 0.21 since i have cooldown on my belt but my attack speed is only 0.28 with frenzy charges. As far as I understand with Poet's pen, you want your attack time to be a little slower but as close to the cooldown time as possible to trigger more spells.
"
jedy567 wrote:
This build is the most fun I've had playing PoE in recent memory. My only problem right now is insta-ganks where I'll suddenly die for what seems to be no reason at all. My build is up and running 100% and I'm cruising through red tier maps.

The instant deaths are probably due to my own playstyle, but they are SO frustrating. It's not fun or fair to die instantly and not be able to understand what happened or what you can do in the future to prevent it. This is not good game design at all--it's a grave error in mechanical balance on GGG's part.

On another note, I love opening breaches and just warping across them like you're doing a special Breach dance to keep all these purple monsters out. It's hilarious.

Is viable to not take Mastermind of Discord, and instead take Paragon of Calamity to just avoid this random death? The build is still viable with this change?
"
Kwitch wrote:

added to the listing.

Cheers

p.s. I didn't include 'all content viable' in the title, since you yourself in the cons section listed ' Cannot do elemental reflect maps'.

Small caveat. I don't expect it should be able to do reflect, but that is otherwise misleading.

Thanks . Yeah I guess "all content" is misleading. Changed my title accordingly.

"
My question: I saw on the OP's youtube that he used a GC/BF variant on another map with Phys to Lightning conversion. Is that superior to the ball lightning?

Question 2: For the chest, would a 6L setup adding Culling Strike or Blind support be valuable? I just don't feel the need to use portal, and either seems like it would be valuable.

1) The GC/BF is seen on an inquisitor version of the build, the gc and bf were linked with phys to lightning.

For this elementalist build, I wanted to take advantage of elementalist's "always shock for 20%" in combination with Mind of the council. Ball Lightning creates a huge amount of shocks per second, which makes it one of the best choices for mana sustain in this build. Firestorm is another option. In the end I chose ball lightning so that I have an easier time finding jewels that synergize with all of my skills.

Glacial Cascade is better than shock nova IF you can fit herald of ice in this build for cold penetration. However, that causes you to lose more mana i.e. more eHP, so I didn't choose to do that.

2) Culling is ok until you can get the corruption on a poet's pen. Blind is also ok but is easy to get on an abyss jewel imo. A third option is Unbound Ailments. Get some #cold damage to attacks on a ring or abyss jewel, and your barrage will be able to chill very easily. Unbound ailments strengthens that chill a little bit.

"
Would jewel slots be the best place to get attack speed? My cooldown time is 0.21 since i have cooldown on my belt but my attack speed is only 0.28 with frenzy charges. As far as I understand with Poet's pen, you want your attack time to be a little slower but as close to the cooldown time as possible to trigger more spells.

I'm not sure about cooldown belts in this build, and here's the reason why:

If you go for a CDR belt, you can potentially gain 20-25% more damage due to the reduced cooldown. However, this comes with the following opportunity costs:

- lose 3 abyss jewels from darkness enthroned (each abyss jewel providing 3-6% more damage)
- need to invest a ton of skillpoints into attack speed, or get it on jewels

Jewels are a huge source of damage for this build. A triple-damage mod jewel (which is pretty cheap) gives about 7% more damage to the build. If you're getting just 2 or 3 jewels with one attack speed mod, you're probably dropping between 5-10% of your damage and you're still nowhere near the attack speed cap required. If you invest even heavier into attack speed, suddenly you're losing 10-20% worth of damage from your jewels.

All in all, this leads to very little benefit from having a CDR belt.

An inquisitor with his 20% inc attack speed might be better suited to having cooldown reduction, but an elementalist sacrifices too much.
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
Last edited by dariidar on Apr 3, 2018, 3:46:49 AM
can we just get a "elemental prolif" corruption on our wand and socket arc there? so we can go full reflect immunity on scion?
Last edited by AVtime1 on Apr 3, 2018, 5:16:29 AM
Yes it's an option, it still feels a little bit slower still but it's hard to say. I'm saying this based on minotaur runs on my inquisitor in Standard who has
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
Last edited by dariidar on Apr 3, 2018, 11:22:12 AM
Thanks for answering my questions, dariidar! Loving the build so far!

I'd love to see more videos from you, including Uber Atziri and Uber Elder (if possible). Curious to see what this build can do on the upper limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info