[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

"
Nekikool wrote:
"
Would using Paragon of Calamity permanently be survivability overkill? Would love to be able to do ele-reflect maps and die less often, DPS already feels awesome.

I'm playing with Paragon since the beguining, I made some change due to my Shapper ring (I'm not using barrage at all), I don't like the auto-lightning warp so I'm using only one Poet's Pen setup (got tons of movespeed btw)+ Essence Worms / Wrath that allows me to use a Watcher's Eye with pen and crit, and if you play smartly you just can't die, my helmet enchant gives me a perfect balanced mana pool for MoM, Shaper or Elder (or guardians) die in a sec, Uber Atziri and Uber Elder need a bit of knowledge to be done deathless, I can do ANY map mob (I'm not even reading them), I'm actualy omw to lvl 100 and the only things that I can't kill is the max block / CWDT boy in HOGM, feel free to see my char :).

interesting setup. do the temple gloves effect spells also? i was under the impression they were only for regular attacks.

i followed suit with other replies about using intuitive leap and dropping frenzy altogether, but in your setup you still mainly use frenzy. i'll probably play around with a setup similar to yours since i'm trying to build around elder essence + mark of the shaper for huge dps boosts in addition to being able to use a nice watchers eye to further take advantage of wrath.

how much mana do you have total + unreserved with the hot enchant + enlighten?

i was also thinking about using an enlighten setup for hot, but cant decide if i want to use a 6L elder glove approach for barrage setup and putting a 6L hot in inpulsas or if i want to just put the hot setup in gloves
FYI, Some items that I've found useful:

- Voidbringer; spell crit chance especially against bosses that are often curse resistant. The added mana cost is not noticeable.

- Temple mod on boots 11% spell dodge. This boots also has a spell dodge enchant.

- A jewel for blind, discussed above in this thread. So, it substitutes for the need of a blind support gem.

- A simple decoy totem can be very useful against some bosses.

Last edited by Novgov on Jul 20, 2018, 12:34:03 PM
Would it be crazy to use a 6l inpulsa for a selfcast ball lightning for single target instead while swapping weapons to traditional spell casting. (Cast speed, lightning spell damage)

Ball lightning - inc crit chance - spell echo - slow proj - lightning pen - inc crit damage

It would lose the life on hit from barrage... but I suspect it may be much better dps.
"
jakeantonetz wrote:
Would it be crazy to use a 6l inpulsa for a selfcast ball lightning for single target instead while swapping weapons to traditional spell casting. (Cast speed, lightning spell damage)

Ball lightning - inc crit chance - spell echo - slow proj - lightning pen - inc crit damage

It would lose the life on hit from barrage... but I suspect it may be much better dps.

Well, the LGoH is important for surviving tough monsters. Regular life leech rate is usually too slow for good survivability. Maybe some other defense could make up for the LGoH loss though, dunno.

Kudos for the build. Having a lot of fun.
Could someone make a gearcheck and tell me what to possibly update next and what could the budget for that be. Obviously better belt, possibly gloves, better shaper ring( but it cost's a ton).?

The character name is Memesplosions. Account shouldn't be private.
Been enjoying the build alot. Since I'm not planning on pushing late game I chose to use an Inspired Learning Jewel for some nice mini headhunter action. Wish single target was a bit better. Any chance there's something that would work better for bossing than arc? Im using ball lightning with the slower proj as well.
"
1leven wrote:
Kudos for the build. Having a lot of fun.
Could someone make a gearcheck and tell me what to possibly update next and what could the budget for that be. Obviously better belt, possibly gloves, better shaper ring( but it cost's a ton).?

The character name is Memesplosions. Account shouldn't be private.

Looks pretty good. Yeah the belt is less than ideal. I would think you could pick up something with more life on it for cheap. Seems like you have open slots on your diamond ring and boots I think?

edit: oops I meant belt. It's only got 4 mods. Ring only has 3.
Last edited by percydaman2 on Jul 20, 2018, 3:48:20 PM
Managed to break level 90 for the first time after all these years of playing since i always gave up at 88 and i am loving this build. I finally pushed enough for guardians as i never got them all before except for mino. I managed to need help on Chimera cause of the map mods for the bonus but the rest were easy as hell. I hardly die unless it's to a boss i have no experience with and do not know the fight Which brings me to my first question.

Any tips on shaper fight with this build seeing as how i have all the pieces now and have never done it but seen videos to learn the mechanics. I noticed he is immune to Shock which this build has so that got me thinking. As for dps i seem to kill guardians pretty easy enough aside from Chimera (map mods). I also am not sure how to read this build when looking at it in Path of Building so if anybody can tell me that it would be helpful. I plan on attempting uber aztiri at some point (2/4 mortal pieces) with this character too since i have never been to her but i figure it will be the same just more damage and have to watch out better since even in normal atziri i can die if i am not paying attention enough (flameblasts) despite it being rather easy
"
interesting setup. do the temple gloves effect spells also? i was under the impression they were only for regular attacks.

i followed suit with other replies about using intuitive leap and dropping frenzy altogether, but in your setup you still mainly use frenzy. i'll probably play around with a setup similar to yours since i'm trying to build around elder essence + mark of the shaper for huge dps boosts in addition to being able to use a nice watchers eye to further take advantage of wrath.

how much mana do you have total + unreserved with the hot enchant + enlighten?

i was also thinking about using an enlighten setup for hot, but cant decide if i want to use a 6L elder glove approach for barrage setup and putting a 6L hot in inpulsas or if i want to just put the hot setup in gloves

So, I'm sit on 5245 life and 2242 unreserved mana (3072 total) + 350 ES, and for the gloves mod I don't know but at least it helps me to sustains power charge with the corrupted wand on boss. I don't want to drop frenzy mainly because i want to do bosses and assassin's mark or overcharged only gives charge on kill so I'm always full charge (power or Frenzy / map or boss).

What I want for all the builds I play is :

- Only one main attack, so I found a way to drop barrage and get a good sustain with the life on spell hit.
- Not to be potion dependent for anything, so I got sustains, charge, blind, etc in my build.
- A good mocement skill, there I got Lightning warp, I can spam it if I want to gor far and fast.
- No swap on anything, so I removed the secondary setup, I don't have to swap gem, weapons or attack when I'm bossing, just right clic, pop flask and go.
- No mandatory secondary spell like arcane surge, totem, offering, ..., I just want to run trought the map and kill thing.

This build achieve all that I want, it's the best that I played by far, I die something like 1 time a week (a bit more on bosses sessions), I did nearly all content this league, never happened before (just this HoGM boy ...) and I will hit 100 for the first time :). I think that whan I'll be 100 I'll go for an Indigon setup to bosses harder than now, Mind of the Council gives a safe way to map, Indigon will skyrocket the bosses damage (I don't need more damage for map atm, the whole screen disapear with only one clic :).
"
Nekikool wrote:

So, I'm sit on 5245 life and 2242 unreserved mana (3072 total) + 350 ES, and for the gloves mod I don't know but at least it helps me to sustains power charge with the corrupted wand on boss. I don't want to drop frenzy mainly because i want to do bosses and assassin's mark or overcharged only gives charge on kill so I'm always full charge (power or Frenzy / map or boss).

What I want for all the builds I play is :

- Only one main attack, so I found a way to drop barrage and get a good sustain with the life on spell hit.
- Not to be potion dependent for anything, so I got sustains, charge, blind, etc in my build.
- A good mocement skill, there I got Lightning warp, I can spam it if I want to gor far and fast.
- No swap on anything, so I removed the secondary setup, I don't have to swap gem, weapons or attack when I'm bossing, just right clic, pop flask and go.
- No mandatory secondary spell like arcane surge, totem, offering, ..., I just want to run trought the map and kill thing.

This build achieve all that I want, it's the best that I played by far, I die something like 1 time a week (a bit more on bosses sessions), I did nearly all content this league, never happened before (just this HoGM boy ...) and I will hit 100 for the first time :). I think that whan I'll be 100 I'll go for an Indigon setup to bosses harder than now, Mind of the Council gives a safe way to map, Indigon will skyrocket the bosses damage (I don't need more damage for map atm, the whole screen disapear with only one clic :).

I liked the idea of switching out the ascendancy so I grabbed Essence Worm and Hatred, but jewels are super limited on XBone where my friends play. Would you prioritize % more lightning damage or % lightning pen on Watcher's Eye?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info