[3.2] Elementalist Impulse Bomber: The NEW Speedclear Glass Cannon [Shaper vid up! 2mDPS 6k Life]

"
callthecops wrote:

Okay i've done some of the changes it's a little bit better, gonna buy new jewells and i will have to find better gear but they are so rare ( need too much % resist aha )

Thanks again !

I'd just divine the ones you have, they're pretty nice already. Just me though, I always divine jewels to max % life.

If you ever need a final bump, you can totally try to replace your amulet too.

Glad it worked out!
Last edited by vtxAishi on Apr 11, 2018, 11:49:00 AM
Last edited by wikatu123 on Dec 23, 2023, 10:33:02 PM
Added a tankier version of the build with 6.5k life following some major gear adjustments. You lose out on about 20% or so of your DPS and some strong utility from the Alchemist node but hey, some people like the life and I've been asked once or twice on how to bump up the life so here it is:

https://pastebin.com/0VneaYTM

Comments and changes under the PoB's section on top of the guide.

Glad to see other people have double inspired set ups w/ HH and are enjoying it, I'm in the midst of some playtesting with that myself and I hope to release a proper PoB soon.
Last edited by vtxAishi on Apr 11, 2018, 4:27:25 PM
if i get a 5 linked inpulsa and i dont socket concetrated effect support do i lose any significant amount of dmg?
"
giorgosdmc wrote:
if i get a 5 linked inpulsa and i dont socket concetrated effect support do i lose any significant amount of dmg?

Yeah, it's fairly significant if you drop Conc Effect. I heavily recommend dropping Inc Crit Dmg instead. They're both blue gems so swap and test the feel.

Updated "Current Gear" section with a selection of Jewels I would find appropriate to use. They're a bit lower life than I'd like but they're respectable.
How do the heralds work in this build, do they each trigger each other or is there something else going on? Keep up the good work :)
"
vtxAishi wrote:
"
giorgosdmc wrote:

Yeah, it's fairly significant if you drop Conc Effect. I heavily recommend dropping Inc Crit Dmg instead. They're both blue gems so swap and test the feel.

Updated "Current Gear" section with a selection of Jewels I would find appropriate to use. They're a bit lower life than I'd like but they're respectable.

Ok i will try and see btw thank for this build, its really fun.
Am new to poe (played it when i came out but quickly lost interest and now am back after some years)
anyway i tried to make my own build but i got destroyed by map bosses mostly and your build was a life saver for me so ty you man keep it up!!!
"
giorgosdmc wrote:
Ok i will try and see btw thank for this build, its really fun.
Am new to poe (played it when i came out but quickly lost interest and now am back after some years)
anyway i tried to make my own build but i got destroyed by map bosses mostly and your build was a life saver for me so ty you man keep it up!!!

Rock on! Sometimes it's best not to stress out over the small details like trying to get maximized life, damage, whatever, throw on Cast on Death + Portal and go nuts lol. Thanks for the feedback.

"
Angzi3ty wrote:
How do the heralds work in this build, do they each trigger each other or is there something else going on? Keep up the good work :)

Hang tight because there's a lot going on here.

The core of the build revolves around using Inpulsa as a mechanism for clear then enhancing burning damage through means of Stormfire. In terms of isolating the effects of Heralds and how they work in tandem with the rest of the build we need to understand how Inpulsa and Proliferation work. The logic behind Inpulsa chains is as follows:

Shocked Mob Dies -> Inpulsa Explosion -> Kills other shocked mobs -> Inpulsa Explosions spread Shock -> More Shocked Mobs die -> More Explosions

Follow so far? Good. The issue with this chain is that this loop only happens once if the only elemental ailment that we have is facilitated by Lightning. Inpulsa itself cannot shock so the second wave of deaths will no longer spread the Shock ailment (the section in red). This is because your proliferated ailments cannot proliferate further on their own so there is a disconnect in (1) so what we do here is add Herald of Ice to enable these chains in (2):

(1) Shock -> Inpulsa -/> Shock -> Inpulsa
(2) Shock + Freeze -> Inpulsa -> Herald of Ice Shatter -> Shock + Freeze -> Inpulsa + Herald of Ice

Herald of Ice Shatter Explosion is what carries the Shock ailment from pack to pack, the initial mob is shattered through out natural ailment and this chill/freeze spreads and daisy chains across packs cause on-hit explosions that act as a psuedo-proliferation. When we add Inpulsa to the mix we extend far beyond the initial range of proliferation to carry explosions across a pack. This effect is also how Herald of Thunder operates, you cannot shock the initial target, but you can freeze/shatter it, shocking the surrounding targets to chain off those. That is the reasoning behind the addition of Ice Bite to allow Herald of Thunder the ability to Freeze, Shatter, then Proliferate the shock off Herald of Ice.

(1) Herald of Thunder (Lightning Only) -/> Shock -> Inpulsa
(2) Herald of Thunder (+Ice) -> Chill/Freeze -> Herald of Ice Shatter -> Shock + Freeze -> Inpulsa

This effect can also be emulated with Call of the Brotherhood which is why it is my pre-80 recommendation before you can find the mana reserve for it in your Herald setup. An advantage of CotB is that it allows Inpulsa to chain by itself without the use of Ice Bite for initial cold ailments:

Shock -> Inpulsa w/ Conversion to Ice -> Chill/Freeze + Prolif -> Herald of Ice Shatter + Inpulsa Explosions -> Chill + Shock Proliferation -> More Explosions

Finally to add all of these shocks together, we use the interplay between Herald of Thunder and Ice to push Herald of Ash's damage as a result of the dozens of shocks ramping up Stormfire to insane levels. While Ignite (and by a similar extension, burning damage) is in a bad spot, the unique position Herald of Ash has is that it's Overkill damage, and a % of enemy's life as base damage on top of the more multipliers already present on the skill itself is incredible. For ~15% mana reserve it's hard to pass up the incredible consistency.
Last edited by vtxAishi on Apr 12, 2018, 12:55:42 PM
I'm looking at your pob link and comparing it to mine and your Heralds do substantially more damage than mine can you help me out please https://pastebin.com/PiqQuHdT

Thank you for such a great reply on how the heralds worked together! I'm not the OP but I was also looking for that answer, I really appreciate you answering everybody's questions. I think it would be a good idea to have the herald section somewhere in the guide :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info