[3.2] Elementalist Impulse Bomber: The NEW Speedclear Glass Cannon [Shaper vid up! 2mDPS 6k Life]

Where would you put a vaal breach gem?

Just ran a few maps with him on his bomber, fast clear 1 shot whole screen in shaped 14 and on the way to guardian!
"
Where would you put a vaal breach gem?

Just ran a few maps with him on his bomber, fast clear 1 shot whole screen in shaped 14 and on the way to guardian!

Glad to have tagged along! I have to say that Estuary is a far smoother map than I expected after a few more runs but Waste Pool has such nice XP/H and the mobs are so tightly packed for bombing. I like the map - might be a future consideration.

For Vaal Breach, you can drop the Enlighten or whatever links are on my Main Hand claw as Enlighten is just there for a small QoL. Vaal Breach is not very necessary unless you like to prep prior to bosses or use the Esh Mirror set up. It's a fine addition nonetheless, just don't freeze your screen and die lol

"
Xanthochroid wrote:
Absolutely loving this build to death. Some of the quickest and most enjoyable mapping I've had on a character in a long time.

Finishing uberlab was a bit of a chore, needed to unspec VP, pick up a bloodgrip, and use Craiccean's Carapace to get it done.

Not really sure why people are having mana reserve issues, I'm not even running enlighten on any of my heralds and still have over 100 unreserved.

Thank you for the kind words! Lab definitely is a grind on this build simply because an Elementalist has zero supporting nodes for defenses. I can only recommend the Minor Pantheon, Soul of Ryslatha (Life Flask gain 3 Charges every 3 seconds if you haven't used a Life Flask Recently) + 2 instant life flasks with Staunching. Switching to brightbeak to travel isn't a bad idea either.

Chimera video is up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li3vtuIQ0aw

Enjoy having me get lost and check dead ends multiple times as I record this at 4:00am.

I also hit level 92. I do not plan to level any builds further so it's time to have some fun running deathtrap maps and bosses. One or two close calls but it's a lot less scarier than it looks because I have more Evasion so while my HP does drop the hits are uniformly dispersed enough that I am not too panicked (Thanks to Evasion Entropy).

For the last phase of Chimera I also show the difference that a Wrath aura makes over Herald of Ash. This is the typical mapping set-up for the build so Guardian dps likely caps around 800k-1mil without acquiring Power Charge generation, Tombfists, or more dps-oriented flasks. Two changes I expected to have made for a smoother Chimera run were using Fortify and a Stibnite over Quicksilver to drastically decrease damage spikes and frequency. As I said I try my best not to make too many changes while mapping and did just that to show it's very much possible but there's no harm in preparing swaps for end game bosses.
Last edited by vtxAishi on Apr 5, 2018, 4:20:15 AM
Thank you for posting this! I'm really interested in trying it out but to be honest I'm a newbie and have no idea where I should even begin with my skill tree x.x lol

Hoping you post your skill tree or add to your leveling guide! Thanks again <3
Loving this build!

What gems would you use with the Tempest Binding? Crit Stikes and PC on Crit?
"
momokombat wrote:
Thank you for posting this! I'm really interested in trying it out but to be honest I'm a newbie and have no idea where I should even begin with my skill tree x.x lol

Hoping you post your skill tree or add to your leveling guide! Thanks again <3

Thanks! The issue with this build is that it plays similar to basic build from levels 1-68 and it comes to life after you finish Merciless Lab. If you read some elemental claw crit builds the leveling is similar: Get life nodes, keep weapons and gems up to gate, look for your well linked items, auras + cwdt set up + levels, very standard.

It has some weaker scaling in Act 6-10 which can be trouble for new players but takes off after. I'll definitely have more specific details on how to level some time this weekend.

"
JParko wrote:
Loving this build!

What gems would you use with the Tempest Binding? Crit Stikes and PC on Crit?

Tempest Binding is fine. Herald of Ice - Herald of Thunder - Inc Crit are core because of Binding's lack of base crit. Final gem preferences would be: Onslaught, Power Charge on Crit, or Empower for if you need more consistent clear speed, clear damage, or want to amplify the autobomber aspect respectively.
Last edited by vtxAishi on Apr 5, 2018, 10:30:34 AM
Thanks for the build! Got all the gear and can say that my single target is awfull. Anyway my hcar with this build is too squishy to face tank map bosses with Bladeflurry.

Shield charge works well, but i prefer auto aim so i am currently using blood rage + flicker strike. Flicker is one of the fastest map clearing skills itself plus heralds aoe makes my game freez when insta killing over 50 mobs at the same time hehe.

Once again, thanks for the build man. Gonna look for more herald builds on forum, wanna see if people figured out how to maintain insane aoe cleraing with the items/skill build for solid bossing as well.
"
aefoa wrote:
Once again, thanks for the build man. Gonna look for more herald builds on forum, wanna see if people figured out how to maintain insane aoe cleraing with the items/skill build for solid bossing as well.

Cheers, thanks for the feedback! Flicker bombers are also equally fun but yeah as you mentioned - this isn't a build that you can facetank bosses on unlike other builds with actual defenses. There's some degree of dodging and a higher dependence on player control when you're messing around with an ascendency with zero defenses. If you want to have a balance of even safer bossing with the same reach as many other skills (with less mobility) then I think you may like Reave/BF on a class like Slayer or Champion. There are also some auto aim skills you can use on this build for clear, things like Frost Blades or Reave with multistrike will do just that at the expense of lower QoL for a weapon swap or lower single target.

If you want to try to remedy some of the problems on your current build I'm happy to help, otherwise, good luck continuing the search for a build that best fits you!
Last edited by vtxAishi on Apr 5, 2018, 1:06:34 PM
Currently playing this build at level 79. It's very satisfying to shield charge into packs with inpulsas, but the heralds add very little to the clear currently without stormfire. Shield charge damage is still a bit lacking and BF is often necessary to pop packs.

Leveling was done with poets pens and was very smooth. Pens carried me through to level 70 or so, at which point I swapped to inpulsa's and claw BF. Damage was extremely poor until I moved to a 5L inpulsa's and socketed some flat ele abyss jewels, at which point I'm currently able to comfortably clear yellow maps using a cheap rare claw and esh's mirror.
Shaper video up! Also close to doing a 1 person carry for Shaper - can expect to see it some time this weekend. Normal Atziri and the rest of the guardian went typically well. As I draw closer to an acceptable final state of the build, let me know what else you want to see. I do not plan to level characters past 92 this league personally.

A friendly reminder that this isn't an end-game bossing oriented build and these fights will not be as consistent as any other ascendancy with defensive capabilities. This is meant to show you that this build hits hard for how fast it clears, and if Shaper doesn't stand a chance then you'll be cruising through map bosses.

[3.2] Elementalist Impulse Bomber - Shaper Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suS9ULsn4as

PoB Link of Shaper set-up identical to video
https://pastebin.com/0UhjmNnK
Last edited by vtxAishi on Apr 6, 2018, 12:58:45 AM
Here's my Elementalist on Beast League, currently Lv77:

Really need to hit 80 to get that Stormfire power spike. But other than that, runs trash just fine and can actually kill bosses!!! Also managed to balance all 3 elemental resists, so I get triple penetration from Wise Oak. :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info