[3.2] Elementalist Impulse Bomber: The NEW Speedclear Glass Cannon [Shaper vid up! 2mDPS 6k Life]

"
DonutFish wrote:

fidelitas is ok thanks, are there any unique claws that I can use before maps? The Scourge is too high level right now and fidelitas is falling off

What about Golems? Is Lightning > Ice?

I recommend Ornament of the East.

It has the Hits Can't be Evaded mod and is only around 1 Alch on the market right now. Should carry you until Lv60~
Last edited by Chibiwong on Mar 31, 2018, 8:47:53 PM
The thing with Claws is that there's very little useful ones in terms of uniques for the few middle acts. There's even a huge gap between levels 50-60 where not a single unique claw exists (People designing support uniques hint hint). I think that Ornament of the East was a good choice and also a very strong transition into crit because of the high accuracy.

What are your thoughts on replacing Inc Crit on the heralds with something like added lightning/ innervate since im not convinced inc crits is worth the gem slot as you go from 10% crit to like 20% crit, still not consistent. You are not assassin where that would be doubled etc. I think added lightning is better for better consistency.
Bumping the thread for this amazing build !
Good job
"
wenhao232 wrote:
What are your thoughts on replacing Inc Crit on the heralds with something like added lightning/ innervate since im not convinced inc crits is worth the gem slot as you go from 10% crit to like 20% crit, still not consistent. You are not assassin where that would be doubled etc. I think added lightning is better for better consistency.

Without the helm enchant it's absolutely necessary because the main idea is that you want at least some form of base crit to allow the Heralds to crit in the first place. I would argue that having Base Crit is still fairly important on non-assassins because non-Assassin's base crit is so sparse any additional crit added on is amplified upon ailment affliction to a larger degree.

I played around with some numbers according to your suggestion, you may find them on the image below:

This shows that ICS adds 21% effective Critical Rate, and 15% to both change of status ailments. While 15% may seem small, moving from 42% chance to not shock to 27% chance to not shock is a nearly cutting the chance to not shock by nearly 40%.

I think you are correct regarding the fact that if you have a Shaped Base % Crit helm, you can forgo 4th slot ICS for Innervate, because that should provide a higher shock from the Innervate game (20%). Shock being our main concern for Inpulsa chains even if our freeze rate suffers, just be mindful of the Mana Multiplier on Innervate and Ice Bite.

Thanks for the feedback, I haven't had much time to play without both Innervate and % Base Crit on my helmet so this definitely provides good perspective.
Last edited by vtxAishi on Apr 1, 2018, 5:42:32 PM
Nevermind, overlooked something.
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Apr 2, 2018, 11:13:31 AM
Just a mention: Some people have contacted me with mana reserve issues at times when they have too many gems on both Herald of Ice and Thunder. Reminder that Herald of Ash doesn't hit its stride until you get to level 80 for Stormfire. It is perfectly fine to drop Herald of Ash if you wish to focus on the synergy between Herald of Ice, Thunder, and Call of the Brotherhood until then.

As an aside, if you are leveling with Swords/Foils or simply prefer 1H Swords overall, Berek's Grip is a great way to acquire leech before you reach VP and Void Vitality. It is currently fairly expensive due to some popular streamers using the ring and their slight scarcity in the current league, but it is definitely an option for the many players who wish to transition over from a spell caster to an attack build Elementalist.

It is important to note that while Herald of Ice/Thunder have the Spell tag (and are subsequently affected by the % Base Crit for Socketed Spells mod on helm) they receive no benefit to Flat Elemental Damage added to spells of any source.
I noticed that this build doesn't use Power Charges... guess they're not necessary with how much damage we output?
"
Chibiwong wrote:
I noticed that this build doesn't use Power Charges... guess they're not necessary with how much damage we output?

Yes, the source of Assassin's Mark on my ring provides me a 100% Power Charge uptime while mapping. I choose not focus on PC boss generation, while they ultimately add about 10% total dps, our damage is by far consistent enough for map bosses and many map bosses have adds in some form to carry on kill effects.

If you choose to have a way to sustain PC's on boss, I would recommend using Orb of Storms + Curse on Hit + Power Charge on Crit + Assassin's Mark or Elemental Weakness. You can replace the 4L CWDT set up on boots with this Curse/Bossing utility set up. I prefer not to because personally I think it makes the build feel slightly less comfortable to play.

Following this post I have added an example of my personal boss set up in PoB links section where I drop some of the typical Utility gem set ups on our Innervate/%Crit helm to free up space for Wrath as a 50% Mana Reserve aura which grants us over 20% (~250k personally) dps! There are also some other minor changes, such as moving around gems to fit in Tombfists for the Intimidate, finally hitting some good boot enchants, and adding the all-important Fortify into our Shield Charge links.

Please note that all of these changes are not necessary to be able to boss on the core build, it is only an example of a direction you can take the build in to better suit your needs and showcase the flexibility it can provide.

Thank you again for all the feedback. Happy hunting.
Last edited by vtxAishi on Apr 3, 2018, 1:25:29 PM
Absolutely loving this build to death. Some of the quickest and most enjoyable mapping I've had on a character in a long time.

Finishing uberlab was a bit of a chore, needed to unspec VP, pick up a bloodgrip, and use Craiccean's Carapace to get it done.

Not really sure why people are having mana reserve issues, I'm not even running enlighten on any of my heralds and still have over 100 unreserved.

Current Gear:
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Apr 4, 2018, 3:36:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info