[3.2] Elementalist Impulse Bomber: The NEW Speedclear Glass Cannon [Shaper vid up! 2mDPS 6k Life]

"
BF is the optimal best single target skill for use when Molten Strike is rendered difficult to use due to Paragon of Calamity.

I was just wondering what did you mean by MS being hard to use because of Paragon?
"
Kwitch wrote:
I think choir is smart. I wonder if you have considered Yoke? The 15% more you would get from shocking, chilling, and igniting are not influenced by things such as shock chance or monster defenses, it's just a solid flat 5% increased monster damage taken. It would stack with your shock.

That means since you're reaching 50% shock status, you would 'essentially' have 65% since the effect is identical in how shock causes enemies to take increased damage and yoke causes enemies to take increased damage.
oh and a final consideration, reddit really liked your build, but the few people who comment were trolling / meme'ng. You got a lot of negative comments from people who just want to put others down to feel good. I think you did rather well with the post and the build, so I hope you don't read into their apparent hostility. Thanks for posting it.

Hey Kwitch, the Amulet slot is absolutely flexible, I've actually considered Yoke before I just happened to forget about it as time passed - I would actually say that the amulet itself is at least a 20% to the enemy damage taken multiplier due to the fact that the Claw nodes are very poison friendly. Even as Phys base you're looking at 90% conversion with Winter Spirit so that remaining 10% can poison, or of course any presence of Chaos Added/Extra Chaos will poison.

One thing to note as a previous poster pointed out, it's not a true "more multiplier" as Damage Taken is inherently additive to similar Damage Taken modifiers, the only reason the effect is so pronounced is because there's very little sources of Damage Taken modifiers in the game. As such you may not see the full effect of that 20% "more multi" from Yoke. Allow me to add it into the recommended gear section if you don't mind.

Thank you again for your kind words, I've been both on both ends of the Reddit attack and defense squad, they seem to take memes (As I did post a Fishing Rod Ele Hit Minotaur build last league) with far more open arms than serious content. If some of the figureheads of our community can't escape the negativity than I already know what to expect. I've seen you express this sentiment before, such as with the double Nebuloch Molten Strike 11 EC Jugg showcase that was absolutely demolished simply because he showcased it in Death and Taxes. These things happen, but it's nice to see people speaking out about it.
Last edited by vtxAishi on Mar 31, 2018, 8:16:18 AM
"
Aitashi wrote:
I was just wondering what did you mean by MS being hard to use because of Paragon?

The Area of Effect will make Molten Strike balls fly all over the place! Usually Molten Strike hates AoE because it disperses the balls and you lose the concentration of hits on the place where you originally struck.

"
Chibiwong wrote:
Any ideas if Abberath's Hooves can be worked into the build as a substitute for the "Main Clear" trigger. I'm currently playing an Assassin autobomber which uses the Hooves, but it's very weak in single target so I end up skipping most bosses.

I may reroll Elementalist if the Hooves can be used somehow? Since I am not a big fan of having to spam Shield Charge

Yes, Abberath's Hooves is a perfectly fine trigger so long as you have the appropriate scaling for it. I call Shield Charge a "trigger" but there's actually nothing special about it - it's just used to kill an enemy to get the party started. The new Herald of Ash probably works damn well with Abberaths, and flat added to spells is always welcome for it, you can even play without Shield Charge and just attack enemies with any strong single target skiil to trigger the explosions too.

-

@ChibiWong - As for the Helm Enchant I'm not sure, I'm not too much a fan of forcing a build with an enchant (especially because this build practically demands a crafted helm, rip Tempest Binding). I'll have to get back to you on that. Any suggestions?
Last edited by vtxAishi on Mar 31, 2018, 8:26:27 AM
Nice build! how would you go about lvling?
i rerolled my necro for this only lvl 75 and without uber lab

it seems like im having 0 survivability
"
allpb wrote:
i rerolled my necro for this only lvl 75 and without uber lab

it seems like im having 0 survivability

In terms of defenses, the build's a glass cannon so you have to come to expect this to some degree but you an alleviate this with shaving the majority of your single target nodes and making sure you path to Vaal Pact earlier with Soul Raker for sustain. For example: don't get Claws of the Magpie and Throatseeker too early.

Insanity gloves can be dropped for something with 90+ life and strength. Helm can be adjusted to have only % Crit mod and 90+ life. Remove Innervate from the Helmet if you have yet to pick up Uber Lab for the Heralds. I'll make a section specifically talking about Lab order + Bandit choice in a bit.

If you pick up the Revenge of the Hunted wheel you also have some beefy % life totals there. Pay attention to Life + Strength on your gear and you also have the option to take the entirety of the Phase Acrobatics nodes as well. Make sure any Jewel nodes you do pick up have a life roll.

Ultimately you are level 75, there's a lot of base life missing. Considering you're moving from an incredibly defensive ascendency (Occultist, with curses and mainly defensive ascendencies) to an Ascendency with not a single defensive node you WILL feel the difference and there has to be both adjustments made in both gear and playstyle. Make sure you have at least the majority of Life Nodes + VP + Acro.

Edit: After having taken a look at your character, I would suggest getting more defensive flasks as having 3 Life + 1 Mana Flask is way overkill. Pick Basalt, Jade, Stibnite flasks and you'll see a very drastic difference because you do have the Alchemist nodes and flask effect. You may also see fit to drop your amulet but that's more of a last resort. Some more levels to get VP + the Duelist Life nodes will put you into a good position. If that's not enough, layer on Vaal Grace and Phase Acrobatics.

"
luckeloke wrote:
Nice build! how would you go about lvling?

Pre-53, I would play it like a typical Ele Crit build - pick up life nodes traveling to VP and some Elemental damage nodes. Ancestral Call + Molten possibly, Blade Flurry, Reave, etc. The core of the build is still an attack based Elementalist, do well to keep your gears up to date and make sure you get VP.

By the time I hit 53 I would go Esh Mirror + Fidelitas with some abyss jewels and start speccing more into Crit nodes. I would suggest picking up Void Vitality here with Fidelitas before you transition to claws. You're free to not have Herald of Ash on while leveling and use Wrath instead.

Once I get to a level to equip Inpulsa I would begin looking for a good claw with Attack Speed + Crit Chance + Crit Multi with some degree of Lightning>Cold>Fire rolls + Abyss Jewels or a high EDPS claw. I'll have to take a look into more leveling uniques in the future. If you have twink gear just use Mirage Archer + Stormcloud/Tempest/Death's Opus + Abyss Jewels on a Tabula, easiest way to level Ele Crit builds, but when the new league rolls that won't be very accessible so I'll have to get back to you on that.
Last edited by vtxAishi on Mar 31, 2018, 10:02:05 AM
What do you think about using a Mjolner or Cospri's on a weapon swap for clearing for even more eye cancer? I really want to make a version of this, but have it be as over the top eye candy as physically possible.
"
Xanthochroid wrote:
What do you think about using a Mjolner or Cospri's on a weapon swap for clearing for even more eye cancer? I really want to make a version of this, but have it be as over the top eye candy as physically possible.

Godspeed lol, the build only needs something to kill with that can cause ailments.

Try Arc or Shock Nova for maximized Shock Effect, the Arc should chain across a pack and give you a pretty nasty explosion. Shock Nova might be a little redudant but who cares right? LIGHTNING.

There's a few builds that have Lightning based skills to trigger with the Stormfire + Inpulsa base already. If you scale pure lightning I can see something working easily, the only issue I may have with it is that while you maximize eye cancer you may lose out on sustain (as I have no leech outside of Claw leech), supposing you move fast enough: pick up Druidic Rite, get a flask charge reduction belt, and run Vinktars. Or get Warlord's Mark on a ring/attached to shield charge? Let me know how it goes!
Last edited by vtxAishi on Mar 31, 2018, 10:52:42 AM
Update: Added an order to grab the ascendency nodes per lab and some thoughts on each node. Trying my best not to rant about how annoying the fact that the 2 point ascendencies are so bad compared to the 4 points on Elementalist.

It has also come to my attention that a Vagan Claw is a perfect weapon to supplement Esh's Mirror for clear. It may not be the perfect weapon to take into every situation end-game but it often quite cheap and Esh's Mirror is absurd for clear. Look for any Vagan Claw with atleast 1.5 base attack speed, aug and regal either crit or attack speed and mastercraft the other on.

Another option is also to multimod attack speed, crit chance, elemental damage with attacks, and flat lightning damage at the expense of 2 exalts and Elreon 8. I am currently testing Esh's Mirror + a Vagan Claw with no complaints - a good step prior to Lycosidae, if it wasn't so cheap this league.

Last edited by vtxAishi on Mar 31, 2018, 3:02:35 PM
"
vtxAishi wrote:
"
DonutFish wrote:
How would you league start with this, if you can't get the helmet or any shaper/elder items?

You can live on just Increased Crit Strikes + Ice Bite. While starting a new league, it's always advantageous to go Flat Ele Crit over Phys based equipment because of the availability of abyss jewels, likelihood of 21/0 gems being cheap again, and scaling damage overall from more sources than just your weapon's base damage.

Fidelitas is a good option early on, use it and don't spec into claw nodes until a bit later when you establish some currency. It has an excellent IAS% roll. Ultimately you're looking for basic Flat Ele Crit gear before you transition into something faster by supporting clear with Heralds and picking up an Inpulsa. Bloodseeker with stacking Flat Ele is fine, other guides also cover early beginnings with these type of melee crit ele builds.

fidelitas is ok thanks, are there any unique claws that I can use before maps? The Scourge is too high level right now and fidelitas is falling off

What about Golems? Is Lightning > Ice?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info