The fusing mechanism is frustrating and punishing

"
erdelyii wrote:
It's almost as though people think the Vorici Bench option was always there.

2,875 fusings into my attempt to 6L my Vis Mortis before I finally got Vorici to level 7. :P
Last edited by Lokiator on Apr 3, 2018, 9:03:01 AM
"
Lokiator wrote:
"
erdelyii wrote:

2,875 fusings into my attempt to 6L my Vis Mortis before I finally got Vorici to level 7. :P

Congarulation! Now you are proud owner of the most expansive Vis Mortis in whole game. 2,875 + 1500 fusings is approx. 22 ex., based on present prices from PoE trading :)

But back to the topic, in my opinion 6l anything but some very rare, mirror worth bow/other weapon is typical “noob trap” (excluding SSF), as much easier is just sell 1500 fusings for ex/chaos and obtain desired item from market (with properly colored sockets as a bonus). Perhaps the only exception is perfect Belly, Loreweave, Starforge or Atziri’s axe.
"
"
Lokiator wrote:
"
erdelyii wrote:

Congarulation! Now you are proud owner of the most expansive Vis Mortis in whole game. 2,875 + 1500 fusings is approx. 22 ex., based on present prices from PoE trading :)

Yeah, I know... :(

But I decided this was the league where I'd concentrate on trying to get that stupid 6L achievement. I really didn't think it would take THIS long, though. :P
"
Lokiator wrote:

Yeah, I know... :(

But I decided this was the league where I'd concentrate on trying to get that stupid 6L achievement. I really didn't think it would take THIS long, though. :P

You are supposed to get the 6link achivement while fucking around on standard trying to get a 5link on something.

This is the only 6link I manual linked.
You risked and now you are spewing this bs that fusings are bad mechanic. Buy already 6L'ed one, buy ptophecy, or use Vorici next time and stop crying. I've used over 4000 fusings to 6L item TWICE in row and I've never said the system is flawed and should be deleted/reworked.
Fuse mechanism is fine, in fact it's an awesome part of POE. The game is full of risk/reward gameplay, and 6-linking is one of the most enjoyable. Nothing as satisfying as that lucky 6 link on not many fusings. I've gone 2000 fuse as well without a 6 link before and it sucks, but that is part of the game.

If you don't like this aspect, just get a better sense of the economy. Apart from at the start of the league, it's always better to just buy the piece you want already 6 linked, if you are concerned about keeping costs as low as possible.

Otherwise you are gambling on the 1/1000 chance of hitting that 6 link with a fuse.
6-linking is a fun currency dump for me...

Well I mainly play SSF this league so when this happened in 120 fusings I was pretty overjoyed.

This one took me about 800 so not too bad either i guess.

Its perfect as is. creates a rush and you dont need one anyway its a luxury like most gambling - refer to one of dozens of mathil builds beating end game with a 5L
Git R Dun!
"
Aynix wrote:
You risked and now you are spewing this bs that fusings are bad mechanic. Buy already 6L'ed one, buy ptophecy, or use Vorici next time and stop crying. I've used over 4000 fusings to 6L item TWICE in row and I've never said the system is flawed and should be deleted/reworked.

^This guy comes down kinda hard but it's true.

I don't understand why this thread was created if the OP is fully aware there were other options and is equally aware of his own pyschological issues.

Yet still decides to criticize the system because he thinks he'll get sympathy by equating it to gambling?

I mean sure it's a gamble but we gotta draw a line here, folks.

Are you throwing away hundreds of thousands of dollars at lootboxes...........or are you just freely engaging in a risk/reward system whose functionality is neccessary to the viability of these orbs as a valuable form of currency in a virtual economy?

I'll give you a hint: One is bad and could cost you your home. The other..........is a game.

Last edited by Calypso589 on Apr 3, 2018, 8:13:01 PM
This is pretty much why I never theorycraft a build with 6L items. As a casual player I'll never be able to afford the flippers on trade, or see them drop in game. All I've ever gotten have been 5L and the two 6L items that dropped while playing were both horribad bases.

Cool gear and such are for grinders and no-lifers, not people with jobs and an actual life.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info