Complete These Encounters I: Release an Essence of...

I asked in game and once on the gameplay forum if this is bugged or if I just did it wrong, and it sounds like I did it correctly:

--I used a remnant of corruption on a trapped enemy who had 3 essences, turning one of the trapped essences into Hysteria (I don't remember which it was).

--I then released the enemy and killed him, and collected the essence.

--The challenge is still incomplete in my challenge log. No indicator ever came up saying I did it. I still have the essence of hysteria in my stash.

This was on a solo run of a corrupted Colonnade map.

I don't have screenshots as I wasn't expecting any issues, but if I get another chance at it I'll collect some just in case it happens again.
Last bumped on May 4, 2018, 12:28:02 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Try running "/recheck_achievements" in-game and see if that does anything.
It doesn't make a bit of difference, guys. The balls are inert.
Thanks, I gave that a shot, still nothing though.

I have since completed two other achievements so I guess I'll just have to wait and try again. Hopefully it was a one time thing.
The same thing just happened to me, corrupted, got one essence of horror and one of insanity, killed the mobs and collected the essences but the challenge did not complete.
I had the exact same problem just now. :I
Same here, Hysteria.
I captured the monster that had it, but that shouldn't matter right?

https://imgur.com/a/f4wQZ

In game bug report 2.232.377.745
Just had the same thing happen to me, maybe its cause its a zana map?

This is the 8th essence i've corrupted (only been corrupting misery, dread, scorn, envy) so it was a real shock when i didn't get the challenge, and i'm basically stuck using global 820 at this point :( .
This is just a guess, but maybe the bestiary-essence interaction is an issue here. If the essence monsters were actually beasts (probably marked with a yellow marker on the map and during their release captured by a net), the essences they dropped were treated as the beast loot rather than the essence monster loot and as such not registered by the challenge counter.

Maybe it would be a good idea to corrupt only essence monsters without any marks (rare or legendary beasts) and see if the challenge triggers then.
"
Brian985x wrote:
This is just a guess, but maybe the bestiary-essence interaction is an issue here. If the essence monsters were actually beasts (probably marked with a yellow marker on the map and during their release captured by a net), the essences they dropped were treated as the beast loot rather than the essence monster loot and as such not registered by the challenge counter.

Maybe it would be a good idea to corrupt only essence monsters without any marks (rare or legendary beasts) and see if the challenge triggers then.

Mine wasn't a beast, so it can't just be that.

Now up to a full 10 remnants spent, still only the one essence of horror and of course no challenge completion.
I thought I'd post an update here since it's still getting replies: had another go at it a while ago and it worked.

I didn't do anything different. Both of my instances were with non-beast enemies and two different essences. Hysteria did not work, Insanity did. Given the replies here though, I doubt the essence type is the factor.

Very unfortunate people are still having this issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info