[3.2] Deadhand Bomber

Welcome!

3.3: BOSSES DON'T SEEM TO PICK UP THE TALISMAN ANYMORE, RIP

Disclaimer: I made this build/character in Abyss SC for some fast mapping on a few ex budget. Wanted to test what it's like after Lightpoacher nerf but didn't want to make the same build again, so the gear and footage is currently from Standard - it all applies to Bestiary

Core mechanics: Herald of Ice + Inpulsa's + Lightpoacher + Cospri's (to start the chain).

New in 3.2: In Bestiary we have access to Deadhand Talisman! It's like free infinite Writhing Jar charges, which works great with Esh's mirror and Herald of Ice (used Vaal Breach in Abyss)
This allows us to kill Guardians. Tried to make Shaper pick up the talisman with no luck so far, might try again one day

How to use the talisman: Open inventory, press flasks and Shield charge into the boss or close to it, open a portal and exit the map. Load back in, drop the talisman and wait for the boss to pick it up (usually a few seconds or less). Go Ham. Use Shield Charge every now and then to keep up Fortify.

A few bosses, mainly the ones that like to run away (e.g. Phantasmagoria boss), don't like picking the talisman up. In that case simply unequip Summon Ice Golem (preferrably before entering the map again) - that way the boss won't have anything to run away from and will instead pick up the talisman.

Build is not nearly perfected, feel free to adjust and improve it! Also sorry for low quality post, first time showing a build

MAPPING:
Videos: T15 Carcass, T13 Infested valley + Zana Gorge
Unfortunately my recordings from Abyss have even worse FPS. I'll post it if someone really wants it

Gear:
Spoiler
My gear:

Additional info:

Belt: Bisco's Leash for quant and rampage, Darkness Enthroned for defense and speed. Pick one. HH is obviously a great choice if you can afford it

Rings: Can use Ventor's / Pariah for quant, can be combined with elder/shaper curse ring. I'd probably go with Pariah + a good Assassin's mark ring, but couldn't get a really good one.

Amulet: My amulet is trash, try to get 9-10% Spinefuse Talisman (can try to farm it) or shaper amulet (can craft one, even base is expensive though). Example amulet (bought it for ~50c in BSC):

You can use Karui Charge or Victario's Actuity if you want more projectile speed

Gloves: I prefer insanity gloves over Sadima's.

Boots: Leech on boots is great, can sustain mana just from Thief's but it's not that comfortable. Can probably use attack speed enchant if you use Assassin's mark
I prefer high movespeed over Goldwyrm, 35% would be ideal.

Helm: Lightpoacher - The enchant allows us to use a 4L Herald of Ice but 3L is perfectly fine too

Weapon/Shield: Cospri's, Esh's mirror. Can use Lycosidae, accuracy is a bit of a problem if there's just one enemy and you don't use the talisman on them

Flasks:
Vinktar's for Esh's mirror and Inpulsa's
Dying sun for AoE and projectiles (can drop dying sun and use freeze avoid flask, frees up points on tree - might need GMP in lightpoacher, try it out)
Diamond and Quicksilver flasks, last flask can be anything.
If you want to use Life flask, put bleed immunity on it. You need Curse immunity and Adrenaline on the other two flasks.

Gems:
Use Hatred if you feel like you need more damage, otherwise Haste, play around with Lightpoacher links (fork + chain for example)

6th link would probably be Increased critical strikes for consistency, should probably use it in 5l too instead of Blade Vortex. Again, play around with the links (bladefall is good too)
Tree

The build CAN do all map mods, but I usually reroll 90% ailment avoidance and no leech. Doesn't feel great (vinktar's helps alot for ailment avoidance, for no leech you have to actually hit mobs with attacks more often than usual for the mana from Thief's)

GUARDIANS:
Videos: Hydra, Phoenix
Changes:
Spoiler

Swapped in a cheap amulet for some life and multi and dropped the quicksilver for a Surgeon's life flask. Also allows us to free up some points on tree since we get freeze immunity on flask now --> more life nodes - Tree. Also took cwdt - immortal call instead of Vaal haste setup in shield.

Use Sapphire Flask for Hydra, Ruby for Phoenix, Topaz for Minotaur. I also swapped to Atziri's promise before Hydra boss fight because of snakes and don't usually need freeze immunity in boss room.
Legacy Surgeon's doesn't matter afaik, since flask charges gained have a "cooldown" now and I already had them rolled in my stash so just used those

Hydra is easy if you spin around her and dodge the big hitters, same with Chimera (ads can be scary with life mods on map since they don't pick up the talisman). Phoenix is also pretty easy if you dodge the tornadoes and his explosion (I still died once here, missed 2 tornadoes lol). Minotaur is hard because we don't really have Physical mitigation, just blind. Took me a few portals to kill him.

Path of Building: (useful if you want to mess around with crit chance - enemies on full life currently not ticked; There's two item and skill tree presets for mapping and guardians): https://pastebin.com/RDeBw4DL

BANDITS AND PANTHEON:
Spoiler
Bandit: We're a crit build, so Alira.
Pantheon:
Minor: I'd personally go with upgraded Soul of Garukhan for movement speed or upgraded Soul of Ralakesh for blind immunity, swap to upgraded Soul of Shakari for tough poison on hit maps for poison immunity (like most builds).
Major: Mostly used Brine King, Lunaris for the speed in lower maps.

LEVELING:
Spoiler
I leveled with 2x Poet's pen as it was my second character of Abyss league - it was a breeze. Used Unearth + Volatile Dead until I got good crit and swapped to Glacial Cascade + Bladefall with Hatred.
I tried poet's pen lvling again on another build in Bestiary and found Lighting warp - Less duration - Swift afflicion to be the fastest by far if you have good movement speed, it was just crazy. It works great because Lightning warp has no cast time when put in Poet's Pen. Credits to darridar, got the idea from his cool build! I used Magma orb - gmp - controlled destruction for the other pen, decent damage and aoe (swapped warp to Storm Call for bosses, weapon swap VD - Undearth would be better ofc). I used all three heralds, HoA being the most important one.
Also did Merciless lab with the Pens, I recommend getting a carry for Uber Lab (I'd go Ambush and Assassinate first, then Deadly Infusion and lastly Opportunistic)

I rushed to The Harbour Bridge (act 8 last zone), equipped a Lightpoacher, brightbeak (CoC Cyclone to start the chain), a couple Abyssal jewels and Darkness enthroned (swapped it for Bisco's Leash later when I had more jewels on tree) and soon shield charged at ~400m xp/h.
Here's a vid from Abyss (you also have to take Pierce nodes on tree now, or maybe use Fork + Chain in Lightpoacher, try some stuff out, just remember to always use Faster Projectiles)

Credit for the Herald of Ice reservation enchant idea goes to CptnGarbage, he made a very interesting build (link to his reddit post). I was using 3 link Herald of Ice (inc aoe - inc crit) before I got the enchant
Also thanks to Windz for answering my stupid atlas questions and stuff :D And for his GC idea

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by Severinus3 on Jun 1, 2018, 9:02:08 PM
Last bumped on May 1, 2018, 4:13:23 PM
Hi, I saw this build a say ago and I really think its interesting so I'm currently playing it. I think an item like this amulet can be considered for people who are unable to get a shaped amulet like the one you currently have, considering how this is available for around 3c. Other than that, I'm really enjoying your build so far :D
Last edited by Koodhod on Mar 27, 2018, 11:02:02 AM
Glad that you're enjoying it! Yea carnage heart would be a great choice, especially in lower lvls when you don't have stats for Cospri's yet. Other stats are great too, only missing out on life (which is why I chose a rare amulet instead for Guardian fights)
What does the DeadHand talisman do?
When an enemy picks up the talisman, every hit against that enemy will spawn a worm (like the ones from The Writhing Jar, except these explode for a bit of dmg on death, unless you shatter them or otherwise destroy their corpse)

This lets us get a ton of enemies to proc out Herald of Ice (remember wormblaster?)
What order do you do your Ascendancy? Leveling now with 2x poets pen, so silly! found a good RaizQT video oh him leveling 1-70 with poets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXD3b8236Yc
Bandits and pantheon?
"
What order do you do your Ascendancy? Leveling now with 2x poets pen, so silly! found a good RaizQT video oh him leveling 1-70 with poets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXD3b8236Yc

I'd go Ambush and Assassinate first, then Deadly Infusion and lastly Opportunistic.

I somehow missed that video of his, nice :) And I tried poet's pen lvling again this league and found Lighting warp - Less duration - Swift afflicion to be the fastest by far if you have good movement speed. Credits to darridar, got the idea from his cool build! I used Magma orb - gmp - controlled destruction for the other pen, decent damage and aoe (swapped warp to Storm Call for bosses, weapon swap VD - Undearth would be better ofc).

"
Bandits and pantheon?

Bandit is obviously Alira since it's a crit build, pantheon is situational.
I'd personally go with movespeed for minor (upgraded Soul of Garukhan) or Soul of Ralakesh for blind immunity, swap to Soul of Shakari for tough poison on hit maps for poison immunity (like most builds).
Mostly used Brine King for major pantheon, Lunaris for the speed in lower maps.

Gonna add all this to my post.

how do u have enough mana with hatred + 4link herald of ice got 102% reserved

nvm saw it
Last edited by Tobinator on Apr 4, 2018, 10:36:14 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the build, I'm trying it out (still need to respec a few skillpoints) can you tell me if I'm missing something as I get killed quite often at t10/11 maps? Chars open to see called Fastsneakydave

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info