[3.2] xMojomadness' CatFlurry Slayer - 6k Life / 2mil+ Shaper dps - Shaper/U-Atziri/U-Elder

Hey fellow Exiles,

this is my first build guide ever so I might take some time to complete this nice and cleanly.
-> Always open and grateful for feedback!

-> Added Leveling Section with Tree Progression

In 3.1 this was my League Starter and it made me farm Shaper with ease. With the introduction of new Items and Uber Elder in 3.2 I wanted and needed to push the character a little further so I ended up putting some more currency in and killed Uber Elder. I'm not yet able to do the fight without doing any mistakes since it's new and I'm far from being "good" at the game, but the build is very forgiving on that end.

PoB-Pastebins
Spoiler
LvL 91 Uber Elder Kill Setup: https://pastebin.com/HAWi4s46

LvL 92 Current Setup: https://pastebin.com/D0R9hUCN

Budget Version from 3.1: https://pastebin.com/0XEFZc3F

Videos
Spoiler

3.1 Shaper Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcPoWCY8tdQ&t=26s

3.2 Uber Elder Kill: https://youtu.be/ruizRfZ0spg

3.2 Shaper Deathless: https://youtu.be/4CbWwInCRDE

3.2 U-Atziri Deathless: https://youtu.be/0FI0QhnGwDw

The Guide

Pros and Cons
Spoiler

Pros:
- Able to do all content (except HoGM)
- Great league starter
- Fast mapclearer
- Great bosskiller
- Good defense mechanics
- Decent Lab-Runner
- Immune to Phys. Reflect, Temp. Chains, Bleed, Chill/Freeze and Stun
- Free frenzy and power charge generation

Cons:
- Can be very expensive
- Can't run Ele Reflect and No Leech
- You have to Swap 3 Gems between singletarget and mapclear setup

Idea
Spoiler
With this build we play with 2 different Setups: Reave for mapclear and Blade Flurry for bosskilling. In their current state they are arguably the strongest attack skills in their respective purpose. We are utilizing high phys. damage with high crit. multi and attack speed. Through Hatred and a shaped off-hand we are dealing that damage as extra elemental damage, resulting in ~ (phys.)60/40(elem.) Damage. Since we're using both frenzy and power charges, I built in Farrul's Fur and the Aspect of the Cat Skill. That provides free maximum power and frenzy charges with only 2 seconds downtime and we can drop the Blasphemy + Assa. Mark setup for Purity of Ice, which makes the Uber Elder fight much softer.

Ascendancy
Spoiler
Slayer is a well-rounded Ascendancy class. It provides insane leech and nice damage + 20% culling strike.

Progression

Normal Lab: Headsman
Cruel Lab: Endless Hunger
Merciless Lab: Brutal Fervour
Uber Lab: Bane of Legends

Pantheon
Spoiler
Soul of Tukohama + Soul of Lunaris

Skill Tree + Bandit
Spoiler

Slayer LvL 92

Help Alira

Gear Progression
Spoiler

This build can be very expensive! My current gear is somewhat on the higher end, but it can still be pushed. Pay attention on what you really need and what you buy - not every piece has to be perfect for this build to work!

Weapons
Spoiler

For starters: Reave and Blade Flurry both do not work with Scpetres. So while we are in fact dual wielding, we only attack with our main hand weapon. Dual wielding buffs from jewels and the skill tree still apply to us and we use the off-hand to give us global "buffs".

Main Hand
Spoiler

I recommend using Scaeva with 3 green sockets as soon as you can afford it. With a decent roll (~290 - 300dps) it will carry you into T13/14 Maps.

Good swords can be very expensive. I was lucky to get this for 6ex and made the Bestiary corruption myself. You want high pDPS, at least ~1.8 APS and Critical Strike Chance - Critical Strike Multiplier is luxury. Try to get a Foil as base - best base is Jewelled Foil.

Offhand
Spoiler

Until you can afford a good shaped Scpetre use Death's Hand

The shaped Sceptre has to be at least iLvl 80 for Tier 1 rolls. If you want to avoid Intelligence issues get a Karui Scpetre. Look for at least 60% as extra damage in total + crit. multi. I bought a Void Sceptre for 3ex and need a lot of Int because of that (you might not). If you're using PoB for calculation keep in mind that it cannot calculate the "as extra damage of a random element"-Mod, so go ahead and edit that to one of "as extra fire/cold/lightning damage"

Body Armour
Spoiler

Core Item - gives free charges and removes the reservation cost of the Aspect. Good Life and great armour

Before you can afford/farm Farrul's Fur, you can get a rare Body Armour with high life + resists or a Belly of the Beast

Accessories
Spoiler

Since we're wearing a lot of unique items, we need to manage Int + Resists on our Accessories!

Need to have:
Intelligence + resists + high life + one free suffix for the Aspect for when you get the Body Armour

Great to have:
High accuracy rating on one item + adds phys. damage to attacks + crit. multi on your amulet

If you want to spare one skill point, get mana-leech on one of you rings ;)

Amulet
Spoiler

Rings
Spoiler

Belt
Spoiler

Stygian Vise is the way to go. If you don't have any decent Abyss Jewels you can use a Leather belt with high life + resists.

Jewels
Spoiler

A Hatred Watcher's Eye jewel should be BiS, but it's totally fine to get decent rare jewels. If you need (like me) to get some resists and Int on your jewels, you lose out on damage and/or life. Good abyss jewels in particular are very expensive.. I crafted mine myself, they are only mediocre, but I didn't want to spend multiple exalted orbs per jewel.
You should focus on a good life roll and try to get crit. multi + physical damage -> Gain x% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage if you've dealt a Critical Strike Recently is a great suffix, if you can afford it!

Gloves
Spoiler

Murderous Exe Jewel for Intimidate is important

Boots
Spoiler

High Life + Stun and Freeze Immunity -> BiS

Helmet
Spoiler

Blade Flurry Enchant ~ 100k dps in total

Flasks
Spoiler

For Shaper swap out Silver Flask and put in The Writhing Jar to get the Headsman Bonus

Skill Gems
Spoiler

Mapclear Reave
Spoiler

+ 6th Link

Bosskill Blade Flurry
Spoiler

+ 6th Link

Mobility
Spoiler

Auras/Utility
Spoiler

CWDT
Spoiler

How much might this cost?
Spoiler

Hard to tell..
If you want to buy everything and don't craft any gear yourself, I suppose my current setup costs something between 25 - 35ex
If you go for GG-Gear (Main-Hand, Off-Hand, Jewels etc.) there is no limit :D

Leveling Section
Spoiler

Tree Progression
Spoiler

Tree Part 1- Ambidexterity first, then Resolute Technique

Tree Part 2 - Fill up on Life

Tree Part 3 - Life + Leech + Int

Tree Part 4 - Sword Damage + Vaal Pact (VP when you start Mapping) | Respec Resolute Technique! | Brutal Blade > Fatal Blade > Blade Master > Razor's Edge

Tree Part 5 - Final Tree remaining Life + Crit Chance + Crit Multi

NOTE: If you happen to optain decent Jewels (Life and/or Damage) you can and should get the Jewel-Slots asap!

Last edited by Paradiso32 on Apr 29, 2018, 5:22:14 AM
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2018, 5:05:45 PM
since you dont use farrul's bite, from where do you get the Aspect of the cat.....?
"
lierence wrote:
since you dont use farrul's bite, from where do you get the Aspect of the cat.....?

I used the Bestiary-craft on my Amulet, you need one free suffix on any rare item to do that (and you need the recipe ofc) :)
Last edited by Paradiso32 on Mar 25, 2018, 5:44:09 AM
Could you maybe add a leveling guide?
"
Paradiso32 wrote:
"
lierence wrote:

I used the Bestiary-craft on my Amulet, you need one free suffix on any rare item to do that (and you need the recipe ofc) :)

yeah, just forgot the new beast craft man, your idea sounds great~~

glad to have a try~~ thanks
Hey, im looking to make something like this. What do you think about using Rigwald's savagery/command with cleave for both maps and bosses. Im wondering how viable are those weapons compared to stat stick.
"
Ginixx wrote:
Could you maybe add a leveling guide?

Working on it ;)
"
Ecoueses wrote:
Hey, im looking to make something like this. What do you think about using Rigwald's savagery/command with cleave for both maps and bosses. Im wondering how viable are those weapons compared to stat stick.

I have no experience with cleave... stat sticks are BiS for this build e.g., for builds that uses both weapons like cleave or dual strike they are not too great and you lose a lot of damage I suppose..

I put these weapons in for my character in PoB (without making any adjustments) and drop from 2.4mil to 1.4 dps.. still more than enough for Shaper, but with Rigwald's Savagery costing 14 ex and more it's not worth the investment imo
"
Paradiso32 wrote:
"
Ecoueses wrote:

I have no experience with cleave... stat sticks are BiS for this build e.g., for builds that uses both weapons like cleave or dual strike they are not too great and you lose a lot of damage I suppose..

I put these weapons in for my character in PoB (without making any adjustments) and drop from 2.4mil to 1.4 dps.. still more than enough for Shaper, but with Rigwald's Savagery costing 14 ex and more it's not worth the investment imo

Yeah, i did same thing. Tree might need some ajdustment due to axe.
But all in all yes, 15 ex is too much for that axe, price is that high cause of rarity, not damage itself. I would like some insights from someone who actually used rigwald weapons.
All Breach based gear is expensive this league. No zana mod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info