Possible Option to Fix Volatile Dead aka V.D.

-
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Mar 30, 2018, 5:56:53 PM
- Delayed explosions
- Slower movement
- Increased explosion AoE
Problems:
 Self cast damage is unfair. it performs 3 hits per cast, T should be divided by 3.

Poet's Pen T>1 VD pvp damage is way too high.

Orb acceleration based on orb lifetime. if someone spam VD in the same spot for 5+ sec and you appear next to the spot in VD trigger range - all orbs aim and move way too fast.

The skill auto aim mechanic limits 'viable' builds list. you have to have <0.8 sec attack time WB, brightbeak leap slam/shield charge. it's impossible to 'tank' stacked VD damage.

You definitely able to turn the skill into unusable shit (on arena) but I see no options to fix it.
Last edited by ThisIsABuff on Apr 4, 2018, 9:49:52 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
Why do you prefer number nerf over some more tactical solutions?

I agree, insomuch as "tactical solution" infers a change in how the skill is used - ie: orbs affected by enemy skills, orb lifespan/distance from caster, detonate delay, autotarget, etc.
"
Actalo wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:
Why do you prefer number nerf over some more tactical solutions?

I agree, insomuch as "tactical solution" infers a change in how the skill is used - ie: orbs affected by enemy skills, orb lifespan/distance from caster, detonate delay, autotarget, etc.

I was thinking that there is another skill pretty similar (SRS) and SRS is blocked by enemies Frostwalls.

I think VD should not be able to climb frostwalls too.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Alpha_Dragon wrote:
Anyone tried screening with skeletons or something? I was gonna suggest a golem or something but fire converts to chaos too easy, so maybe quantity over quality.

Bad idea to even have summons out since it leads the orbs in your direction and they can out target you even further. The VD spam is so fast u would just end sitting there and endlessly casting skeletons and eventually be tagged by a couple vd orbs here and there. I have to unsummon my golem vs VD so I can try to abuse offscreen fireballs. When adjusting VD I would strongly suggest a change which considers the balance in a fashion that also gives melee players a better chance, as of now I dont think its fair for them XD Anything other than offscreen vs VD would be a joke.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Apr 13, 2018, 12:37:28 AM
I would rant about Poet's Pen but, I think that deserves it's own thread. (Free spells on attack...) Volatile Dead; man, how I hate this gem. Let me rephrase that; I hate that gem when it and Desecrate are linked with Spell Cascade. If it was only three orbs every few seconds that wouldn't be a problem. The problem is that you can reach very high cast speed levels and just unleash about 30 of these orbs. You can't even approach a player if they are using this combo. The best way IMO to fix this gem would be to either, A. put a limit on the number of active balls, or B. make it where it cannot be supported by Spell Cascade. They could just put this on the PvP side so it doesn't ruin PvE (lol, who am I kidding right?).

TLDR: VD is dumb and shouldn't be able to have 30 orbs covering the entire fighting area. They need to limit the number of orbs you can actively have or make Spell Cascade not support VD.
"if u point out my narcissism 1 more time i ll report ur ass.
then i ll ignore u."
"you dont play this game and i find no value in your feedbacks. keep your advice to yourself. i ll sure have fun not reading ur comments again."

Path of Exile community in a nutshell.
"
Scryer16 wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:
maybe VD's balls should require targeting instead of AI aided autotargeeting. in anyway, melee is at it's worst state ever all due to VD and how retarted it is. I don't think reducing the T value is the solution here.

VD definitely need PvP value...hight T value like 3 or 4, then VD will be fine :) and also GGG shoud not forget to limited Fevered Mind jewel to 1, cause make Zerphi builds almost unkillable. Well its time to make video in pvp and send message to GGG Devs.

i have done that a million times. prob went to the bin as soon as they recieved it.

This is exactly what happens when you create new skills without having a thought for pvp in mind. And later, have to deal with all the mess.
IGN : Relithh , Stronkberry
Last edited by relithh on Jun 2, 2018, 6:17:46 PM
VD is the quintessential XBox skill. I don't think they'd have had anything like VD around the 1.0-era. Casuals shape games in some of the worst ways. Saw a guy in General Feedback requesting a support gem that makes projectiles home in on targets. Yea.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
How are we supposed to play against VD players? They just off-screen spam infinite auto-aiming balls...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info