Possible Option to Fix Volatile Dead aka V.D.

It's entirely possible someone has mentioned my yet-to-be-mentioned by me idea; however, in that case, I will reiterate - A possible fix for Volatile Dead is to have the "orbs" affected by enemy attacks and/or spell damage.

And/or erase it for PC (keep it for Xbox) - and while yer at it - erase Scorching Ray and Blight for PC as well (hell, keep 'em for Xbox too).
Last bumped on Aug 21, 2018, 6:20:30 PM
Scorching is a joke now if you got burning flasks and have flask recharges.
To fix volatile they just need to give us the possibility that phasing works on them Imo.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
I agree something ought to be done with volatile dead...its ridiculously op and it ruins pvp.
FAQ: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
GGG Posttracker: http://www.gggtracker.com/
maybe VD's balls should require targeting instead of AI aided autotargeeting. in anyway, melee is at it's worst state ever all due to VD and how retarted it is. I don't think reducing the T value is the solution here.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Mar 27, 2018, 11:53:31 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:
maybe VD's balls should require targeting instead of AI aided autotargeeting. in anyway, melee is at it's worst state ever all due to VD and how retarted it is. I don't think reducing the T value is the solution here.

VD definitely need PvP value...hight T value like 3 or 4, then VD will be fine :) and also GGG shoud not forget to limited Fevered Mind jewel to 1, cause make Zerphi builds almost unkillable. Well its time to make video in pvp and send message to GGG Devs.
The Holy Bible
"
Scryer16 wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:

VD definitely need PvP value...hight T value like 3 or 4, then VD will be fine :) and also GGG shoud not forget to limited Fevered Mind jewel to 1, cause make Zerphi builds almost unkillable. Well its time to make video in pvp and send message to GGG Devs.

even with 4 times lesser damage of what current VD has, you can still insta kill any build. there are ways to scale damage higher. IF they fix T value it would just make the build more costly that's all imho. we'll see.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Mar 28, 2018, 10:05:23 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:
maybe VD's balls should require targeting instead of AI aided autotargeeting.

That's also a good idea - the only thing I'd add is a longer timer for the "touch then explode" mechanic (less duration or swift affliction could mitigate).
Why do you prefer number nerf over some more tactical solutions?

I really think giving phasing the ability to loose the balls attention a better idea. You would just need always phasing to make the balls forget you and it would take a jewel slot.

Or phase run would need to be used and here again it would take some other slot.

It would be a super nerf since always phasing players would be pretty much immune to it but it would be fair game since those balls are anyway auto-targeting people.

In the end even if VD damage wise would be still broken no one would use it because of hard counter phasing.

Maybe the skill would become only situational then, that is imo the best way this shit should be used.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Mar 30, 2018, 8:09:06 AM
"reduced visibility" is a special feature of Phase Run
phasing is a temporary effect that allows the player the ability to move through enemies.
VD orbs are affected by "reduced visibility".

Not VD is a problem, Poet's Pen is.

VD needs T/3 to make it fair. PP needs T override to 0.2
Last edited by ThisIsABuff on Mar 30, 2018, 10:49:51 AM
Anyone tried screening with skeletons or something? I was gonna suggest a golem or something but fire converts to chaos too easy, so maybe quantity over quality.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info