SR and RF totems not give credit to played for kill.

Playing a trickster and using Balefire unique sceptre and Patient Reaper, Swift killer or the Balefire On kill effect are being proced even though as the mobs are killed by a SR or RF totems it would proc on Kill effects on the player.

I have done a bit of testing and these On Kill effect are still proced by poison applied by totems (used Southbound gloves and poison support gem).
So it only seems to be SR and RF totems that are broken.
Last edited by gjennks1 on Apr 20, 2018, 4:46:16 PM
Last bumped on Apr 20, 2018, 5:29:56 PM
Done some more testing and found that it is only SR and RF totems that dont proc Swift Killer and Patient Reaper.

Vortex, Blight and Essence Drain totems all proc the On Kill effect.
I would like to know if this was intended or not, because if it was it seems strange to not to do it to all DoT sources.
Just tested today using SR totem and blight totems using blasphemy warlord's mark to get endurance charges and found that when SR totems were used, when endurance charge on kill was proced the totem gained the endurance charge but when I used blight totems and the endurance charge on kill proced the endurance charge was given to my character.

Could someone for GGG tell me if this is intended or if they are working on it.
Last edited by gjennks1 on Apr 20, 2018, 4:52:31 PM
This most recent post makes sense. That's good because now we understand what you mean.
"
gjennks1 wrote:
Just tested today using SR totem and blight totems using blasphemy warlord's mark to get endurance charges and found that when SR totems were used, when endurance charge on kill was proced the totem gained the endurance charge but when I used blight totems and the endurance charge on kill proced the endurance charge was given to my character.

I just tested it myself and can confirm that Scorching Ray totems are gettng endurance charges when killing enemies cursed with warlord's mark.

"
Could someone for GGG tell me if this is intended or if they are working on it.

It's definitely intended that all DoT kills get correctly awarded to the entity that did the killing. So the 'bug' you're reporting is actually that SR and RF totems aren't bugged, when other DoT kills are bugged.

I think the reason they can't fix this is because most DoT sources can still apply damage after the totem or trap disappears. So DoT damage from things like poison, ignite, etc need to be assigned to the player, otherwise they will get assigned to nothing - and because of the way the game is coded, that would be bad. Because blight applies a debuff that deals damage, it works this way too.

I didn't realise that it wasn't also the same for SR and RF totems though. I guess it's because they apply their damage directly, and not through a debuff.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Apr 20, 2018, 5:30:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info