Slayer's Bane of Legends + Beast capturing

Hello,

this is about either having culling strike gem, or using the Slayer's Bane of Legends ascendancy (that's my case).
When you want to capture a yellow/red beast, you need to bring it down, toss a net a finish it off.
Yellow beasts are usually fine as they are squishy, but red ones are the problem here and I believe the following is not intended.

Culling strike does NOT work on beasts with net on them.
But it does work on beasts without net - I can just take them from 20% to 0 in one hit.

This is making it immensely difficult to capture red beasts. It means you have to toss a net when they are above 20% (else you cull them first) and take them to 0 within that few seconds period. Else they break free and regen/enrage. That's often impossible to do with them having the right affixes which give toughness.

Worse still, when they break free, they are usually at, say, 5-10% HP which means I will instantly cull them as they shake off the net. Now, that's really weird.

Solution would be to either:
- make red beasts immune to culling strike altogether (which is nonsense, but whatever)
- better solution would be to be able to cull them inside the net (e.g. take them to 0 or 1 HP when you strike them with culling strike and their HP is low enough)

The second solution would even underline the profitability of culling strikes in this league as red beasts are meant to be challenging so going into some extra effort to arm against them sounds good enough.

As it stands, my build with bane of legends is a waste as capturing is a real pain.
Last bumped on May 15, 2018, 1:34:48 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Am I seriously the only one experiencing this or feeling the pain of it?

Or is it intended and I am just being dumb? :)
Bumping this up. Been experiencing this same problem and thought I was imagining it.
My Builds:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1739942 - Flee the Fire! Fireball / Flameblast Sire of Shards Chieftain
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1572176 - Chill and Breathe: An Arctic Breath Totem Build
Same here you're not alone, can't even count how many beasts I've missed the opportunity to capture because of the culling mechanism. This keystone really is the 'bane' of this league

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info