Rng factor in PoE

Hey,

im just about to quit bestiary league because of the horrible rng.
I understand its a big part of the game and its totally fine for items, 6links, prophecies, currency and stuff like this, but imo its not fine for maps. Its insanely frustrating atm, that i just dont get ANY maps. For example im currenty ready to run T14/15 maps but im just not able to, because i dont get them. Basically i dont get any red maps, my map stash is always empty, i have to buy maps (for the first time in the game ever), which is just hilarious imo. Im watching streams and see people running T12 maps and they get like 5-6 red maps. I get 0. Alwayss. It doesnt matter if its a T13 map with 50% or with 130%, it just doesnt change anything. Im literally spending all my currency just to buy and run maps and get NOTHING in return. Im fine with no items dropping, but if the rng even stops me to actually play the game, because there are simply no maps to run, thats not the right way imo.
I dont even know if the map drop rate just got reduced or i am just the unluckiest person on earth atm, and i dont care which one is true, but i cant play a league like this. Im super mad and pissed, i dont understand why i get no drops at all.

So my suggestion is to at least make the map drops even for all players. Dont let some people down so they get no maps like me cause doing maps is basically the game, it should be equal for anyone.
Last bumped on Mar 24, 2018, 7:34:14 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
remixzwE wrote:

For example im currenty ready to run T14/15 maps but im just not able to

You're running a melee build with 5.5k life without phys. mitigation. Evasion/dodge is nice, but even blue packs with one damage mod will onehit you in T15s. You're running a white Stibnite Flask but you're missing curse immunity at the same time.

I could go on about obvious things you're missing and why you're clearly not ready for T15s but I don't think there's a point to it.

Other players can get to T15s because they know how to get and stay there. They invest more time and currency in specific situations and items(elder influence *cough*) because these players have the knowledge.
The same type of knowledge applies to decent builds, boss killing, making currency and even speed leveling.
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"
remixzwE wrote:

For example im currenty ready to run T14/15 maps but im just not able to

You're running a melee build with 5.5k life without phys. mitigation. Evasion/dodge is nice, but even blue packs with one damage mod will onehit you in T15s. You're running a white Stibnite Flask but you're missing curse immunity at the same time.

I could go on about obvious things you're missing and why you're clearly not ready for T15s but I don't think there's a point to it.

Other players can get to T15s because they know how to get and stay there. They invest more time and currency in specific situations and items(elder influence *cough*) because these players have the knowledge.
The same type of knowledge applies to decent builds, boss killing, making currency and even speed leveling.

Well i just had 4 or 5 T15 maps which i managed to run with just a single death (but without bosses though). I'd be even fine with T11,12 or 13. Im not that experienced in poe and tbh i just wanna play the game. I dont want to read 20 guides and watch 50 videos to get knowledge about making currency and all that atlas stuff, i just wanna run maps and have fun. Since this is not possible atm due to bad luck im pretty sad yeah...
"
Scarletsword wrote:
Other players can get to T15s because they know how to get and stay there. They invest more time and currency in specific situations and items (elder influence *cough*) because these players have the knowledge.

Oh yeah, we know what kind of "knowledge" they rely on...

http://poe.trade/search/sazuihikisamas
That's fine but at 89 you're still getting a lot of exp from T8-10s and maps without much investment, probably even more EXP/H. The game just gets really grindy at this point.
You don't have to watch videos or read guides either, just try to figure it out by yourself because that's what most people did.

"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Scarletsword wrote:
Other players can get to T15s because they know how to get and stay there. They invest more time and currency in specific situations and items (elder influence *cough*) because these players have the knowledge.

Oh yeah, we know what kind of "knowledge" they rely on...

http://poe.trade/search/sazuihikisamas

I'm not sure what you're trying to show with your poe.trade link.

The things I'm talking about is properly using prophecies, elder/shaper influence, sextants and how to get cheap gear without scams.
Last edited by Scarletsword on Mar 23, 2018, 2:36:28 PM
"
Scarletsword wrote:
The things I'm talking about is properly using prophecies, elder/shaper influence, sextants and how to get cheap gear without scams.

In POE, smokescreens only blind the cannon fodder. To wit:

* Prophecies are only for leveling and upgrading Uniques.
* Elder/Shaper "quest" is totally RNG-gated.
* Sextant blocking is DOA, max sextants now capped.
* Cheap gear scamming has NOTHING to do with red map drops.
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Scarletsword wrote:

In POE, smokescreens only blind the cannon fodder. To wit:

* Prophecies are only for leveling and upgrading Uniques.
* Elder/Shaper "quest" is totally RNG-gated.
* Sextant blocking is DOA, max sextants now capped.
* Cheap gear scamming has NOTHING to do with red map drops.

- Prophecies are controllable sextant mods for more monsters, zone quantity and crazy interactions ("Plague of Rats" Mobs with ridiculous quantity, Tempests for 30% quant., Monstrous Treasure).

- Elder/Shaper influence can nearly double the loot of a map and requires 0 currency investment(Null Portals).

- Sextants still require you to know which mods to keep and a decent shaped atlas setup if you're minmaxing.

- Knowing the item market of a specific build early in a league and avoiding overpriced items => cheaper items which you can resell for more currency later on => way more mapping currency(ESgear + Divine Orb => 1ex item turns into 3ex item).

But I'm sure you'll find more reasons to complain and blame the game design or players who know how to use these types of mechanics properly.
"
Scarletsword wrote:
But I'm sure you'll find more reasons to complain and blame the game design or players who know how to use these types of mechanics properly.

I'm not complaining, just pointing out the obfuscations in your elitist "proper mechanics" mystique.

OK, enough verbal sparring, let's cut to the chase. Aside from knowing how to use POE.trade, here's the low-cost formula for pumping map bang-for-the-buck:

Zana +20% mob-size mod on a Tormented Elder-influenced map.

"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Scarletsword wrote:

I'm not complaining, just pointing out the obfuscations in your elitist "proper mechanics" mystique.

OK, enough verbal sparring, let's cut to the chase. Aside from knowing how to use POE.trade, here's the low-cost formula for pumping map bang-for-the-buck:

Zana +20% mob-size mod on a Tormented Elder-influenced map.

There is no formula. If you invest more, you'll get more out of it and at certain point you'll sustain T15. That's why I gave small examples for the cheaper things. Elder-influence(and chisel, alch, bloodlines) is already more than enough for red maps.
I won't go into detail on every single prophecy because there are quite a lot of them and there was even a post on reddit about it this week that covers a lot of it:

And we even have something similar for sextants based on popularity:

Btw, are you really going to use Torment again like a couple leagues back when ghost busting was a thing?
"
Scarletsword wrote:
...there was even a post on reddit about it this week that covers a lot of it:

And we even have something similar for sextants based on popularity:

Btw, are you really going to use Torment again like a couple leagues back when ghost busting was a thing?

Thanks for the helpful links, I'm happy to see you post some practical advice.

Torments because Zana sells them so cheap, I'm talking max bang-for-the-buck throughput. For sheer badass insanity, nothing beats double-Beyond, but they drop no maps :(
Last edited by RogueMage on Mar 23, 2018, 8:50:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info