Path of Social Justice Warriors

I used to like Path of Exile because the global chats were a place where people could talk like people and not behave like everyone is a fragile snowflake and I'm a very social person in game and in real life. This is not the case anymore, not even close.

The amount of SJW this game has turned into is getting absolutely ridiculous to where you're not feeling like you're in Wraeclast but in Warframe where you get an instant week ban for saying "Trap" or "Gay" so you constantly have to double check if by any means by anyone's interpretation you're not offending anyone in any imaginable way.
Even if you joke around with your global chat buddy and nobody reports you, you still can get muted.

Not only do you have to talk like a robot teletubby but you also can't have any fun chat interactions with the global chats. I host fun games on smaller less populated global chats when I quit the league and I got chat banned for multiple hours. Fortunately I didn't emo out and handed the exalts out to strangers.

Also if someone scams you and you have 100% proof of someone scamming, you cannot do anything about it. People CAN write positive reviews about the players but not negative. How does that make any sense? If players post threads for reviews, you cannot have only 5 star ratings allowed. GGG HAS to remove these sections or change the rules because GGG is literally breeding a scamming ground. This is by far the most scammable game out there and the only game that protects scammers to ridiculous levels.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/86hhvq/scamming_and_having_posts_removed_on_official/

There is strong favoritism as well. You can have GGG white knights post long lines of insults towards you with little to no punishment but if the mods don't like you and you're on the other side of the spectrum, you're screwed. To add up the disputing process or devs contacting you might give you an illusion that you can argue regarding your mute / ban but no matter how strong evidence you have, it's useless.

First one is up to you to decide if it's offensive or not but that was a response to someone who used a huge line of insults towards me for multiple posts yet I got banned and he does what he wants (:
There is no way that it's acceptable to ban someone for a week for saying that someone is delusional or having a stroke. Even the biggest and most sensitive games like League of Legends and Overwatch don't see these as offensive conducts. I know this because I've played these games thousands of hours and never have got a chat mute.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Al_GGG on Mar 23, 2018, 9:41:40 AM
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2018, 9:41:26 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
their code of conduct basically says: don't address anyone in your comments.

reason being nz law for cyber bullying which is hilariously stupid but still applicable for ggg' s own services
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
The irony is that you're blaming the victim, there's a much larger issue here. Basically - stupid government led by stupid people who make stupid laws. Don't think this is the appropriate forum to discuss that tho.
People getting outraged over everything and expecting others to give a fuck - that shit is annoying and needs to stop. With that said, I don't see anything wrong with one week bans for the stuff you said. The good news is, you can totally insult me for that opinion right here on the forums, because they really don't seem moderated all that well. :P
hi
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Why would somebody get banned for saying “trap”? Does it mean something I don't know about?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
Why would somebody get banned for saying “trap”? Does it mean something I don't know about?

there is a mem "it's a trap" which discriminates people who changed gender appearances. dunno if applicable, depends on the context
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
their code of conduct basically says: don't address anyone in your comments.

reason being nz law for cyber bullying which is hilariously stupid but still applicable for ggg' s own services

No, this is simply not true. This law meme is flat out BS and if anything, a meme.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/85w3sb/the_first_9_sellers_of_kaoms_way_tried_to_pull/dw1mfk6/

Even if in an alternate universe it is true. My two( + 1 REALLY questionable) "offensive conducts" are extremely hard to be considered as offensive by anyone.

"
People getting outraged over everything and expecting others to give a fuck - that shit is annoying and needs to stop. With that said, I don't see anything wrong with one week bans for the stuff you said. The good news is, you can totally insult me for that opinion right here on the forums, because they really don't seem moderated all that well. :P

If I tell you right now "Get on your knees"( mods please don't ban me) then I can get a week+ ban for it, even if you take no offense to it. I can give you loads of examples of such cases where nobody has even been singled out.

"
mark1030 wrote:

Warframe has applied an autoban filter to the word "Trap" because it COULD be related to transexuals and it COULD be in a negative way and it COULD cause offense to a transexual although 99% of the cases it's not true, yet it still exists and tens of thousands have got banned and quit because of it.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Mar 23, 2018, 9:27:44 AM
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
hi

Wadap big boy
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

If I tell you right now "Get on your knees"( mods please don't ban me) then I can get a week+ ban for it, even if you take no offense to it. I can give you loads of examples of such cases where nobody has even been singled out.

Well, according to the image you've posted, "get on your knees" was one of several things you said. They quoted you three times in there, saying this was only some of the stuff you said. I'd agree it's a bit harsh to dish out a ban for that one thing alone, but that wasn't exactly the case now, was it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info