Remove the lab, it is what made me quit Abyss and now I am torturing myself

Labyrinth is loathsome content that besmirches and insults GGG's otherwise good name in fun game development. Remove the lab or make it optional content so that those that enjoy it can have fun but those that consider it loathsome content can ignore it and have fun playing ARPG content.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 23, 2018, 10:21:32 AM
This season (:P) I got to appreciate the Lab gameplay again. When I play temp leagues I usually rush: rush to maps, fill out the atlas, level the char, complete challenges... It's kinda pressured gameplay (I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling pressure in temp)

But since I'm not playing Bestiary I'm chilling in Std and doing lab runs among other things. I'm doing full clears (everything except puzzles), which takes me approx. 30 min for one Uber run. It's a slower and different gameplay than the usual map grind. I wish there was a Lab-like endless dungeon to play besides maps - a dungeon full of deadly shit, where you'd push your char until you'd rip or bail out.

There are only two problems with the Lab (ok, three, but I don't care for the last one):

1.) Sometimes it DC-s and you loose all the progress. This is seldom for me, but it happens.
2.) Unlocking Uber is a RNG pain in temp leagues
3.) You can't trade during a run

Next league, instead of the usual rushing to maps & Atlas grind, I will do more Lab farming (incl. Cruel & Merc) during my char progression. So, please GGG, don't remove the Labby :D
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Act 4 and 8 is shit, same as lab. make it optional, or get rid of it.
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
Lab sucks, Just because those of us who have been playing for years have memorized the fight, the penalty tax to learn it makes most new players emo spiral and quit.

Plus this league isn't much different than standard since the new content is meh so there is less motivation to do it.

it doesnt take more to learn lab than any other of the endgame bosses.
with easy mods izaro leaves you alot more room for errors than other bosses.
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
Lab sucks, Just because those of us who have been playing for years have memorized the fight, the penalty tax to learn it makes most new players emo spiral and quit.

Plus this league isn't much different than standard since the new content is meh so there is less motivation to do it.

Yeah screw learning mechanics, if I cant just speed clear thru it like maps and not worry about dying then it shit content /s
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
I've been running lab a lot this league, you just need a couple bleed flasks and some move speed, it's not hard but yeah lab is still pretty much aids.

Or run a high regen MOM build and ignore all the mechanics. I recommend it.
"
morbo wrote:
This season (:P) I got to appreciate the Lab gameplay again. When I play temp leagues I usually rush: rush to maps, fill out the atlas, level the char, complete challenges... It's kinda pressured gameplay (I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling pressure in temp)

But since I'm not playing Bestiary I'm chilling in Std and doing lab runs among other things. I'm doing full clears (everything except puzzles), which takes me approx. 30 min for one Uber run. It's a slower and different gameplay than the usual map grind. I wish there was a Lab-like endless dungeon to play besides maps - a dungeon full of deadly shit, where you'd push your char until you'd rip or bail out.

There are only two problems with the Lab (ok, three, but I don't care for the last one):

1.) Sometimes it DC-s and you loose all the progress. This is seldom for me, but it happens.
2.) Unlocking Uber is a RNG pain in temp leagues
3.) You can't trade during a run

Next league, instead of the usual rushing to maps & Atlas grind, I will do more Lab farming (incl. Cruel & Merc) during my char progression. So, please GGG, don't remove the Labby :D

That would be a cool league, a hack like dungeon map thing with lower rewards for the whole league to balance the fact maps do not run out as fast.
"
MuesliKriega wrote:
And on a side note. The Kitava fight is easliy the most shitty designed fight. Not even Malachai is that bad. Small arena, all dark/red. Boss is dark/red and his attacks are gigantic and dark/red

thanks for reading my blog

y, u got sumthin against dark red?
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Lab sucks. Everyone knows it that why they have to bribe you to play it with uncanny drops compared to rest of the game.

It's like Chris Wilsons favorite emplyee designed it so he's sticking with it out of loyalty.

So just do what 95% of us do mitigate it.

a) by running way over leveled.

b) only enough times to get ascent (so 4x)

You should be able to mitigate it's deleterious effects on you with this strategy

I spend 15 minutes tops in lab per toon. I do normal lab at like 60 rest at 85-90

It's not like you need to ascend anyways. I was beating uber atziri long before labs
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 24, 2018, 5:01:33 AM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

Yeah screw learning mechanics, if I cant just speed clear thru it like maps and not worry about dying then it shit content /s

I was about to comment, saying roughly the same thing as you.

Onoes, I have to do more than hold down the left and right mouse buttons! That means the labyrinth is bad.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Mar 24, 2018, 5:28:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info