Huge Skill Effect Sale This Weekend

I remember those old MTX like the Seraph Armour and the Elite Armour ... Why don't make colored versions of these armours? Glowing, blinking ... These MTX would become more beautifull that these weird packs GGG is puting to sell actually.
"
It's a pity a great deal of these look worse or at least much weirder than the bog-standard skills and spells in other ARPGs. The fireballs in Wolcen's *alpha* look better than anything fire-related in PoE. And that's not just down to them using the crysis engine -- it's simply because it looks like a bloody fireball. Not some crappy little glowing rock with a trail of smoke.

The baffling thing is how much work goes into PoE mtxes to produce such consistently tasteless junk. I'd rather pay for a good looking *actual* fireball than a weird dragon's head, and I imagine it's probably easier to do. I get the whole 'not wanting to look like other ARPGs' thing but recent mtxes (right up to that dreadfully overcooked Kraken portal) look more like GGG showing off technical skills than creating aesthetically pleasing cosmetics.

xd, better throw them more money next time, charan.
pretty funny seeing constant shit you put out here in the forums and your negativity. joke's on you i guess after spending so much money for "nothing" then :D.
I have a well payed job and i dont have to flip every cent but every time i see a nice skill effect for 8 Euros or even more i feel like someone wants to rape my wallet. So i dont buy it. I would spent more money to support my favorite game but with the current pricepolicy i would feel just bad spending money for it.
thx, got me some skill effects <3
awesome!
Bestiary "improvements" LOL
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

Got the email notification "an item on your wishlist is on sale!" I'm like cool!

Then I remember it's the dragon fireball effect which I think looks great. But fireball is useless and ignites may as well be deleted from the game. So I can buy an MTX for a skill I'll never use.

Now I'm sad.
Muh Wallet hurts! D:
Hmmm Wolcen does look nice.

"
gandhar0 wrote:

They squeeze the best that could be done with their own engine. Some recent examples of MTX where rerally weird/ugly but most try to go around the fact the their graphics engine is very outdated.

But we can hope for at least overhauled character models within the next year, maybe a first step for a complete new switch for a new graphics engine which allows more details for ingame assets like armour sets,skill effects as well.

Source:

We're talking about a game that recently ...discovered DX11. So yes, outdated is an understatement. I've read the reasons why they chose to go with an in-house engine and they're valid. The rendering part of that engine though hasn't changed much since the days of the beta version it seems.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Mar 23, 2018, 5:04:47 PM
Wish there were an MTX for Dark Pact. Getting kinda tired of the black/purple wub wub of my totems. Something to fit with the arcane effect for wither would be sweet, cuz then I'd buy the arcane wither too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info