Diferences between Critical Strike and CRITICAL STRIKE FOR SPELLS???

Hi, I was studying how to go on with my passive tree, and a seriously doubt appeared in my mind.

In the passive tree I can see for types of Critical Strike:

1. Critical Strike Chance
2. Critical Strike Chance for Spells
3. Critical Strike Multiplier
4. Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells

-I would want to know what does each one, I mean the definion and/or effects.
-If I hit with a critical strike, how much more I hit?
-It depends on the critical multiplier?
-And what is the critical multiplier base? In case I have 0% multiplier what happens with my critical strikes?
-When I have 100% critical strike chance by passives, it means I always hit critical? or that it multiplies my chance to the doueble?(if i have 6% it becomes to 12%)

THE MAIN DOUBT!!---> 1. and 3. applies for spells or just only for phisical hits? In case that 1. and 3. wouldn't applies for spells, both would be useless for witches. In case 1. and 3. applies for spells, it means that 1. and 2.(and the same for 3,4) are the same?

Thanks
Items 1 and 3 apply to everything.
Items 2 and 4 only apply to spells.

Check out the Mechanics Thread for more info.
if you are a freezing pulse witch, try to get as much of all of the above :)

crit strike chance is global, same with multiplier, so does not matter if you use physical or spells

crit strike is CHANCE TO CRIT based on spell's crit

crit srike multiplier is the crit hit DAMAGE multiplier.

so you crit and it times your crit by the multiplier
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
Hey all, I have a question too-

Whats the difference between "Global" Critical Strike chance, and just Critical Strike Chance?

I have a weapon that says

80% increased global critical strike chance
13% increased critical strike chance

I'm a witch, so will both of these increase the chance that my spells will crit, or just one..?

Thanks
let me kill you so I can summon your dead body~!! \o/
"
DoctorRemedy wrote:

Whats the difference between "Global" Critical Strike chance, and just Critical Strike Chance?

I'm a witch, so will both of these increase the chance that my spells will crit, or just one..?

Thanks

(local) critical strike chance on the weapon applies to the weapon only, and hence attacks made with it - NOT spells

Global critical strike chance, and critical strike chance for spells apply to everything and spells, respectively. So spells get bonus from both of these. Spells have their own base crit chance, like the weapon. This is multiplied by global and spell crit chance %
Pity that the build sections have to be spammed with such threads. Topic has nothing to do with Witches.
#31 of Rampage League after 7 days played.
"
DoctorRemedy wrote:

Thanks

Global applies to the total for attacks and spells, while local will affect the base crit chance of a weapon. For instance, this dagger bumps up my spell crit chance by ~180%.

Stormcalling 24/7.
I didn't see anyone mention yet that critical strike chance is capped at 95%. The base crit chance determines how easy or hard it is to hit that cap.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Critical_Strike#Skill_Critical_Strike_Potential

Edit: Next time, there is a help section on the forums where this would be a more appropriate topic. Lots of people watch it, so don't think it's dead and you won't get any help.
Last edited by Stiglitz_ on Sep 24, 2014, 2:05:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info