[3.5 HC | Video Guide] Lightning Striker done properly | amazing clearspeed | tons of damage

"
masamunee219 wrote:
Hey. I'm just about to get to maps. and had some questions. ive gotten mostly all setup and all, was wondering since I'm softcore what options do I have available regarding gear/ tree etc. I would love some insight...my queries are probably dumb. but anyway I wondered if it would b worth to dual wield vs shield. Also if tempest binding would b guud if I could obtain it,or maybe a rat's nest or a stark. idk. Also if the impresence amulet for conductivity would b worth. Maybe even the new Mark of the Shaper. and on tree just off top of my head maybe invest in frenzies or some more attack speed nodes/proj dmg nodes. also if claws would b viable
idk been awhile since LS :)
any help is appreciated.

if you go for dual wield, spec into twin Terror on tree. you can always go for more damage ínstead of defense in sc, thats up to you. there are many Options for it. starkonjas/rats are strong Options if you can manage resistances... i'm eleweakness capped, so don't know how you handle this Things in sc.
Impresence isn't that great for that kind of build, because you use abyss jewels with different elemental types (cold, fire, light).

according mana Problems.... yeah, i take one mana leech node. you Need more Levels / damage to really benefit from leech. use mana pot or spec into more mana leech in the meanwhile.
Last edited by Shaarq on Mar 27, 2018, 3:51:02 AM
Also, in order to keep using Frost blades, wouldn't the raider class be more suited? I mean Gathering Winds and all the piercing options are awesome, but sadly the melee hit of FB doesn't benefit much.
thanks. for the insight. helped a lot. Ill probably play around with this this league. Probably use this build for a league starter next league.
"
KafkaDatura wrote:
Also, in order to keep using Frost blades, wouldn't the raider class be more suited? I mean Gathering Winds and all the piercing options are awesome, but sadly the melee hit of FB doesn't benefit much.

that's a different Approach, if you wanna scale melee hit then i would go for claws (touch of anguish) or phys based weapons, so you can use melee phys dmg gem.

or you go for damage on full life with slayer...
Yeah that's where I get confused. I like the sword and shield vibe, not the claws so much. I'm currently using Daresso's sword and at lvl 70 still haven't found any suitable replacement. It's kinda hard math for me to see what would scale better when damage is converted and all. So far the mapping is doing alright at T1 and T2, still wanna drop more ele res before going higher.
"
KafkaDatura wrote:
Yeah that's where I get confused. I like the sword and shield vibe, not the claws so much. I'm currently using Daresso's sword and at lvl 70 still haven't found any suitable replacement. It's kinda hard math for me to see what would scale better when damage is converted and all. So far the mapping is doing alright at T1 and T2, still wanna drop more ele res before going higher.

you should get a foil with at least 1.7 attacks, 6.5 crit and about 250 edps.
Really nice build. Do you think you can make leveling trees for level 20, 40, 60?
"
Shaarq wrote:
"
KafkaDatura wrote:

you should get a foil with at least 1.7 attacks, 6.5 crit and about 250 edps.

That I'm definitely after, just still haven't found one yet. What's 6.5 crit? 6.5 crit chance? Also, why 250 edps? Wouldn't pdps be more relevant, seeing that FB converts from physical?

Sorry for all the questions, really noob at theorycrafting here.
Last edited by KafkaDatura on Mar 29, 2018, 2:59:22 AM
What about Inpulsa for chest armor? Is it too overkill for clearing? :)
Hello, nice build ! Do you think we can use claws or the damages are gonna drop a lot ? i'm playing softcore so i can drop a bit of deffenses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info