[3.5 HC | Video Guide] Lightning Striker done properly | amazing clearspeed | tons of damage

3.5 Changes:
Spoiler
This build is still up to date, you can easily give it a shot in 3.5. Also stat stick nerf don't care us and therefore it's a good choice for playing melee in 3.5!

First of all i would like to mention that i want to avoid text of walls in this guide, so let's start.
English isn't my native language.

Video Guide:
[Video Guide] Lightning Strike Deadeye

feel free to ask questions and leave Feedback for improvements!!!

The Guide also includes gameplay footage:
[Video Guide] Lightning Strike Deadeye

more vids soon.

Twitch Shaarq --> if u wanna see some live action.

Current gear:

Gear in general:
Spoiler

We start gear section with the most important stuff for this build, the jewels.
Get as much flat damage for attacks and with swords as possible and a flat life roll.

For softcore i would go for for four damage stats and skip the life.

Uniques are Tombfist, Darkness Enthroned and Shroud of the Lightless.
1 Jewel Tomfists and Darkness Enthroned are very affordable nowadays, so buy them as soon as possible! Shroud of the Lightless is endgame stuff. Before i got my hands on it i have used a tabula and added Lightning Penetration gem as my 6th link.

Aim for a Foil with at least 1.7 attacks, 6.5 crit and about 250 edps and you are good to go.
On rest of your stuff try to get life, resistances, crit, crit multi, wed or flat ele damage.
Don’t forget to get at least one flat accuracy roll, preferably on helmet slot.

5 link
Lightning Strike/Frostblades - Ele Damage - Multi Strike - Ancestral Call - Inc. Crit

4 Link
Ancestral Warchief - Ele Damage - Conc Effect - Ele Focus

3 Link
CwdT - Immortal Call - Temp Chains

single
Blood Rage, Herald of Thunder, Wrath, Vaal Grace

For leveling i used Cleave and swapped to Lightning Strike at level 12. You can also go for Frostblades, i’m pretty sure it’s better for leveling because you get tons of penetration over jewels.
Leveling with the character was a breeze, use Darkness enthroned with flat ele jewels and you gonna fly over environment. Ewar’s Mirage joins you at level 26 and will carry you to maps. Focus on getting 2 point jewels as fast as possible and put in flat ele stuff.

skill tree is pretty straight forward, just one pro tip for single target:
don’t get too close to the monster, because you don’t wanna trigger the melee attack from lightning strike and instead make use of Point blank keystone. Try to keep the 6 to 10 yards distance over the fight for highest damage potential.

Ascendancy
My Ascendancy Class of choice for this build is Deadeye …. Deadeye got insanely buffed in 3.2 and fits in the best for our kind of build.

Gathering Winds is still insane for leveling, and also map clear.
Powerful Precision makes your lightning strike pierce, which greatly increases your clearspeed and buff your crit chance.
Fast and Deadly fixes your accuracy, just use one piece with 300 flat accuracy and done, bye bye lycosidae!
Rupture - You do a small amount of physical damage which inflicts bleeding on enemies you hit. Yeah, and suddenly Rupture is a must have - it provides us with life gain on hit and crit.

Order is Gathering Winds - Powerful Precision - Fast and Deadly and Rupture.

tree 93

Bandits: help ALIRA
Last edited by Shaarq on Dec 18, 2018, 9:19:54 AM
Last bumped on Jun 8, 2019, 5:01:13 AM
Just what i was looking for!
Hey man this build looks like a tonne of fun gonna give it a shot. Thanks
Last edited by YvQWpveCgH on Mar 22, 2018, 3:16:46 PM
So you just swap Ligth Strike for Frost Blade to go from one to the other? Interesting.
"
KafkaDatura wrote:
So you just swap Ligth Strike for Frost Blade to go from one to the other? Interesting.

exactly
Might want to elaborate on alternatives to a 5L Shroud of the Lightless as they are going for 3ex+ right now.
All that and a bag of chips!
"
Mooginator wrote:
Might want to elaborate on alternatives to a 5L Shroud of the Lightless as they are going for 3ex+ right now.

i mentioned it in the Video, i used a tabula with lightning Penetration gem as my sixth link.
basically you can use every nice rolled eva chest, but for endgame you should aim for a lightless.
Last edited by Shaarq on Mar 23, 2018, 2:50:33 AM
Hey ! Thanks for the guide first ! I have red a lot of post about lightning strike being a bit underwhelming, so i'm really happy to see you managed ot do something out of it !

Could you provide a pob link to see out it fares against some other builds ? I'd really like to give this a try.
Hi Shaarq

I'm leveling atm
Singletarget dmg is little bit too low but trash....rly nice
My Question is about the helmet enchant
what to prefer lightning strke dmg or better projectiles ?
"
Shaarq wrote:
i mentioned it in the Video, i used a tabula with lightning Penetration gem as my sixth link.
basically you can use every nice rolled eva chest, but for endgame you should aim for a lightless.

Ahh apologies; I watched the video once and then went off the written version. I recommend adding that to the leveling section. Also, little things like recommending Decoy Totem while leveling, etc. can make a substantial difference as well. Also posting trees at 30, 50, 70, 90, etc. would be very cool.
All that and a bag of chips!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info