Please stop complain about map sustain and alchemy orbs. They both are not real issues.

"
Mythabril wrote:
Please stop making threads. They're the real issue.

This! ^

Please stop. It hurts.
"
JCOH35 wrote:

Hands down the dumbest thread to date, those streamers play 18 hours a day. It takes 10 minutes running a few maps on Standard to see how drastically broken all the drops are on the league atm.

Its not an opinion, its not "tinfoil hats", its real. I can handle white knights and fanbois but people like you are just delusional, what a joke of a thread.

Except he doesn't say anything about streamers?

The real issue is that the beachhead costs 5 exa and zana 8 is a joke.
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on Mar 22, 2018, 3:48:42 AM
Alchemy are not a problem in my experience, but that's mostly because I'm used to haul vendor trash from maps. I pick up rares, shitty uniques, blue rings... and vendor them.

With less mobs this league and people zooming though maps with stict loot filters, I totally believe many have problems sustaining Alc. But there's trading, which solves any problem, no? :D

I can't comment on red map drops in league since I'm not playing it. I have no problems sustaining red maps (T13+) in Std SSF, but the two leagues are not directly comparable. (Std = synergy of a filled out Atlas + huge map pool + lots of currency available + GG gear, etc...)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I've found that a couple full key runs in uberlab is a huge boost to my currency pool, and turning in trash uniques/rares goes a long way to sustain. Map drops on the other hand...
Last edited by wrathchild619 on Mar 22, 2018, 4:11:01 AM
If you want to sustain you run maps not usually run and shaped like underground sea they buffed all to hell.

Then you dont even use Zana. You go to epilogue machine and run like 10 elder maps on new instances.

Whole paradigm has shifted and ppl are not used to it yet.
Git R Dun!
Map drops are fine. I run exclusively T14 and T15 maps, sustaining my map pool and in addition (!!!!) sell off all T16 and sub T14 maps at a huge profit. This is obviously completely independent of the amount of time per day played. Anyone can do that. It just requires some thought and optimization in how you run your maps. This appears to be beyond the majority of the playerbase, though.
"
st0rmie wrote:
"
Enzymaticc wrote:
The SSF streamers you're talking about with 1-2 stash tabs full of red maps also happen to play for 14+ hours per day, so that's kind of a terrible argument to make.

That doesn't make sense. If maps were "unsustainable", then the more hours you played the WORSE your problem would be, wouldn't it?

One sentence nails it.
"
morbo wrote:
Alchemy are not a problem in my experience, but that's mostly because I'm used to haul vendor trash from maps. I pick up rares, shitty uniques, blue rings... and vendor them.

With less mobs this league and people zooming though maps with stict loot filters, I totally believe many have problems sustaining Alc. But there's trading, which solves any problem, no? :D

I can't comment on red map drops in league since I'm not playing it. I have no problems sustaining red maps (T13+) in Std SSF, but the two leagues are not directly comparable. (Std = synergy of a filled out Atlas + huge map pool + lots of currency available + GG gear, etc...)

Actualy it's really relevant i mean i never lost the habit to always bring some rare in inventory when running a map and never ran out of alch this league - also dropping quite often trash uniques when running them i mean i can almost sustain alch orb just doing that.

Second solution is to sell low - mid tier map at all - just 10/15 min per day are enough i do that few days per week and get spammed really fast - it's a lot of alch for a little investement - And probably doing a public service regarding the complaints about the atlas completion x)

Don't have much issues with maps either i have always something to run in t12 / t16 range and it's good enough.
Hf :)
"
st0rmie wrote:
"
Enzymaticc wrote:
The SSF streamers you're talking about with 1-2 stash tabs full of red maps also happen to play for 14+ hours per day, so that's kind of a terrible argument to make.

That doesn't make sense. If maps were "unsustainable", then the more hours you played the WORSE your problem would be, wouldn't it?

You can't defeat the arguments of these people with logic. The Reddit whine brigade have utter faith that they are right.

Anyone using Zana Bloodlines and chisel/alch (all on red maps only), alongside a solidly developed atlas and that is killing bosses will not have ongoing map sustain issues. They probably will have teething problems when first breaking into a new tier as variance can be a killer when your pool is small, but when that happens you just stay in your current tier a bit longer. They won't be able to sustain exclusively T16s, but T13-16 will certainly be possible.

Sextants don't seem necessary. They are of course great to get extra maps to onsell.

Now if you remove all of those elements - no bloodlines, no chisel/alch, a low atlas bonus because of a shaped strategy, and skipping bosses - you will fail to sustain maps. Likewise if you attempt to stay in red maps but just transmute your maps, again, you will fall back. Both are completely by design.

Every ten points of Atlas bonus matters much more than people think it does.
Le Toucan Will Return
"
JCOH35 wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Even people in SSF have stashes filled to the brim with red maps. It's probably you who needs to cahnge your approach to map sustain.

Nets have nothing to do with alchemy or any other currency drops as was confirmed by GGG. Price of alchemy has nothing to do with it's droprate or anything like that.

Yeah, we get less drop overall now, because this League doesn't offer any pack size, so no multiple Abysses per map, Harbingers, Breaches or anything (and of course no sextant blocking doesn't help people who used that either) but it doesn't mean we are supposed to swim in freebies. "Where is my loot explossions?1" BabyRage People got spoiled by Breach, Legacy and similar Leagues and think that Path of Exile should be loot fest each League, but it doesn't necessary have to be (I don't know about perfect ratio for that, don't ask me) specially when we still have so many tools to compensate for that. All I want to say it's still fine.

People say it has something to do with Diablo 3 people influx that might very well be true and it makes me worry to be honest...

Hands down the dumbest thread to date, those streamers play 18 hours a day. It takes 10 minutes running a few maps on Standard to see how drastically broken all the drops are on the league atm.

Its not an opinion, its not "tinfoil hats", its real. I can handle white knights and fanbois but people like you are just delusional, what a joke of a thread.

Oh my, is that trolling?

There is people who tested drops in Standard and in League - pretty much same.

It's you guys who should drop your tinfoil hats and realise, this issue is purely made up by Community because of mass hysteria and less monsters -> less drops overall.

"
FG_Glory56 wrote:
Man this is like saying Map drop rates are fine because X person plays 18 hrs a day

That has nothing to do with sustaining red maps.
"
FG_Glory56 wrote:
Man this is like saying Map drop rates are fine because X person plays 18 hrs a day

That has nothing to do with sustaining red maps.
"
Grauthrim wrote:
"
Enzymaticc wrote:

Anybody who plays that much could stack up that many maps.

This. If you're sustaining red maps you have absolutely no life. This is coming from someone who got 40 challenges in Abyss. The map drop rates are worse than Abyss and Abyss drop rates were pretty bad -_-

Sustaining red maps have nothing to do with time...read my other post and this.
"
st0rmie wrote:
"
Enzymaticc wrote:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info