[3.2] Lifting's Lead Sprinkler Berserker - Boss Killer & Fast Mapper!

Life Leech depends on your damage, HP and most importantly Life leech rate. Without investing in Life leech rate and with the currently present percentages of Life leech, it is absolute garbage. If you do invest in leech, it should be something like slayer/scion slayer ascendancy and Vaal Pact for endgame viability, but that's not compatible with this build here.

So, no, your life leech Watcher's eye is not a good choice, and your calculation does not reflect what the game does. This build scales dmg with the amount of Molten strike balls and the hits it gets per second aka attack speed. If you do that correctly, you do not need life leech at all.

Also, Life leech can be influenced by map mods, like slower recovery (means less regen and less leech rate) or even You cannot leech life and mana.
I did manage to run both types of map mods, but for the no leech mod I have a seperate Mana Flask which consumes 3 out of 30 charges to grant me sufficient mana to kill stuff. All in all not recommended but sometimes maps are just too juicy...

Also try normal jewels with +2-3 LgoH and maybe even an amulet with 2-3 LgoH for better results.

Personally I am at 6 APS IIRC (can't confirm from here) with the gear above, and two four-prop jewels with LgoH as a "mediocre" last mod for lifegain. That is just fine, and I also have some trashy ammy with +3 LgoH if I should feel the need. And only one elder ring with LgoH, for a total of 25 I believe.
IF you can get your hands on a LGoH jewel for Vitality...well that's really nice I guess because it augments your defense even further. but bear in mind it usually does nothing for your offense, and jewels are a really good way to scale this builds dmg.
Thanks for explanation.

It's weird that Hit is better than Leech, but I swapped my Watcher's Eye from this:

.. to this:

.. and it feels totally different. My hp aren't moving at all and I shield charge into everything.

Let's see how far I can push with that :)
Last edited by jochen_wuerfel on Jun 19, 2018, 3:51:47 PM
"
Hi,
question regarding Watcher's Eye.

I currently run a "Damage leeched as Life while affected by Vitalty" because I think that would leech more life than a "Life gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Vitality" - but.. is that true?

My consideration was that when I hit e.g. 10 enemies with 1 attack I would leech 1% of that damage back.
Quick math: 100k dmg = 1k life leeched.
When I now run a " Hit" Eye, I leech only 10 times e.g. 30 life/hit back.
Quick math: Did damage on 10 enemies = 10x30 (e.g.) life/hit = 300 life leeched.

Or does leech work in a different way?

Damage leeched as Life is worse than life gain for MS builds

Lets say your MS have 10 APS, each attack have 7 balls = 70 balls per second, each ball gain for each enemy hit 30 life -> 70 x 30 = 2100 instant life gain per second

Life leech works like regen, it isnt instant -> you gain your life leech over 1s
See.. that's what was missing in my calculation!

I read the wiki pages but it was more of quantum physics for me ;)

Now it makes sense: instant vs. over time.
Having 2k instant on hit is way better than 2k over x seconds :)
Well Chimerka, your calculation would only apply if all balls hit, which they never do. This is why I left that part unmentioned, it's tough to calculate and depends also on where you are standing in relation to the mob(s).
Ancestral call makes this estimation harder still, so it's more of a feeling thing...but you learn what you can and cannot do

Edit: I looked up my attack time and it is 0,16 sec unbuffed, and 0,11 sec buffed (BR, 3 Frenzy charges, Silver Flask, Ancestral protector). That means I have somewhere from 6 to 9 Attacks per second.
Last edited by Fitchner on Jun 20, 2018, 3:47:23 PM
"
Fitchner wrote:
Well Chimerka, your calculation would only apply if all balls hit, which they never do. This is why I left that part unmentioned, it's tough to calculate and depends also on where you are standing in relation to the mob(s).
Ancestral call makes this estimation harder still, so it's more of a feeling thing...but you learn what you can and cannot do

Edit: I looked up my attack time and it is 0,16 sec unbuffed, and 0,11 sec buffed (BR, 3 Frenzy charges, Silver Flask, Ancestral protector). That means I have somewhere from 6 to 9 Attacks per second.

There always be comment like this :) I never said all balls hit, i just put there example how life gain on hit works and why is better (mainly for MS builds, cause many hits per second) than life leech, also i didnt quote you. **flies away**
Last edited by Chimerka on Jun 21, 2018, 4:29:24 AM
Hey there, I'm hoping that some1 in here can help me out.

I'm currently running T6-8 maps, with the only limitation on going higher being time available for playing and sustaining maps of higher tiers, im facerolling all the available content.

But i am struggeling in the sence that i dont know how i should go about upgrading my gear.
I dont know what items to prioritise.

I know that my elder ring could use an upgrade that provide some more dmg.
Other than that im kinda clueless.

Could some1 have a look at my character and give some pointers ?
I play as warchief this build. I have question there is 50% conversion to fire damage from ascendary, but about the second 50%? By molten strike its no problem its only fire attack, but wild strike uses randomly fire, lightning, ice. Pls somebody who knows to answer. Also in my opinion build is very sqishy, tanky? Where?
Last edited by qlasboy on Jun 23, 2018, 8:19:19 AM
@Chimerka: No idea why you seem so pissed, but your example says it all
"
Chimerka wrote:

Lets say your MS have 10 APS, each attack have 7 balls = 70 balls per second, each ball gain for each enemy hit 30 life -> 70 x 30 = 2100 instant life gain per second

Life leech works like regen, it isnt instant -> you gain your life leech over 1s

That would mean 100% of all balls hit the same target. They don't however, as you claim to know. I pointed that out because jochen then immediately referred to that made up number

If you think that example is accurate and I am bitching you might want a Lycosidae IRL ;)

@Shuft404: I guess someone helped you out, your gear seems mostly fine. Just the ammy lacks life.

@qlasboy: I can just encourage you to read the wiki on questions like this one. PoE is a bit low on Info, so the wiki really helps you out....but look here:

"

Converted to

For this type of modifier, the original damage is replaced with the converted damage. The amount of any given damage type that can be converted in this way cannot exceed 100%. If the combined value of all converted to modifiers for a given damage type is greater than 100%, the values are scaled so that the total is 100%.[2] Conversion from skill gems (both active and support skill gems) take priority over conversion from other sources (such as equipment), and is not scaled. The game does not distinguish between damage converted by passives and by gear; this may be of some importance when dealing with Avatar of Fire.[3]

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion see here for more details.

By this time I killed Shaper, but uber elder is impossible with my gear. Better gear and more experience in the fight might make it possible, but I would recommend another build to kill uber Elder.
Any reason why wildfire jewels aren't talked about here (that I can find). I can't afford the BiS jewels or even second best, so I'm using two of those for now. I would think they are at least helping clear speed, and +%fire damage has to be good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info