Suggestion: auto accepting trades?

I was just thinking, it's a shame how impatient people are when buying off the trade board, if you don't immediately leave your map and go accept a trade, or God forbid your in an labyrinth, the trade is almost always gone and offered to another online player. I'm guilty of this as well... what if there was a way when you set a buyout for #chaos, or any currency you choose, that when they make an offer to the requested buyout the item is immediately sold, and if they low ball then you can counter offer? I know PC is a little different with whispers, u can ask people to wait, but xbox you need you go to town to reply to a trade, just an idea i had. Love the game. Thanks ggg.
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2018, 2:35:06 AM
Buyout option, yes! If the potential buyer finds your price fair, why not have the option to purchase rather than wait for a player response? In this manner you could purchase things from offline players, which may fix the issue of relatively few players in Standard to accept offers (which is something I just posted about moments ago).
GGG supporter on Xbox. GT: cannibal utopia
+1

Would like this. Maybe when setting a price there could be a drop down / check box to allow instant buy out.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
I think that just about everyone who purchases stuff on the Trade Board would like some sort of immediate buyout option (and half of them eventually post about it ....). Thing is, Chris Wilson seems against the notion. And the more that I ponder the reasons given, the more that I feel like they are not the full story. Why is it so critical that the seller check off on the sale? A delay could be put in place if GGG wanted to tamp down the instant gratification factor (like the sale goes through, but you don't get the item for x hours) - but if instant gratification is so wrong, why is it allowed if the seller happens to be sincere and on-line? Perhaps GGG wants to inject some measure of RNG into the Trade Board purchase experience (but not the sales experience?)? If so, I would implore them to re-think things. But what the current rules do do is firmly place most of the "power" in the hands of the seller - which I guess does tie into "being able to sell stuff enhances the game experience" but "being able to to buy stuff degrades the game experience" concept.

I get that GGG does not want POE to become just another economy simulation (but the on-line material suggests that it already has for some at the top levels). But there must be some changes that could work? What about an upper limit on buyout prices? Restrict players to one buyout every 24 hours? Items that were obtained by buyout become account bound for n days?

Having said all that, there have been some real improvements made to the Trade Board and that is a cause for hope. The current Trade Board does work - but buying rares can involve a significant time outlet and lots of patience (and I imagine that it all varies by what point you are in the League - experiences early in League probably vary greatly from experiences later in the League).
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
So, are they working on it, or they like that people who playing the game need to wait few hours per item on action house, get bored and quit it.
Not gonna happen.
Hey peeps, it's a me, rangerDanger.
"
rangerDangerr wrote:
Not gonna happen.

The odds favour you mightily on that one. But maybe GGG will be inspired by the conversation to do something else.

How about a buyout price mechanism that locked things in once an offer was made?
-Seller sets buyout price
-Potential Buyer makes offer for the exact price
-Item is now locked on the Seller's stash tab.
-The seller may accept the sale
-or the seller could stare at the item until the end of whatever on Xbox
-or maybe even the seller could offer the potential buyer a "release fee" - which that potential buyer could then accept or refuse
-the number of outstanding buyout options that a particular buyer has open probably should be limited and some sort of end of League resolution mechanism might be necessary

Yes, "not gonna happen" still has the best odds by far but I feel that we just have to keep making suggestions and maybe some day, one of them will tweak something at GGG. Personally I think that the best odds on change are with the Trade Board search function. As the number of items for sale (hopefully) grows, the current set of limited parameters will make the trade experience more and more clunky.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
People keep asking for it on the Xbox One. No matter what, eventually, it will be added. There's zero actually legitimate reason for GGG to not add an auto-buyout option to our Xbox One trade board other than GGG literally having the mentality of, "We don't like that, so we won't."
People are saying that map tab pricing once was added and got removed again.
It was obviously no sucess, my guess would be that people simply forgot about it and created a nice clownparty.

Think its time to test instant buy out, the worst that can happen is that people will price their wisdomscrolls for 700 exalts.
It will remove low prices that are made to trick people.
And coin flippers are looking for undercut prices, not fair prices.

If it fails then we atleast know how bad it was and will no longer have to ask for it.
They need to add it. I think it would fix a lot of the price fixing going on right now. Cause with a bit of effort and time. It is be really easy to post fake sales to drive prices down. Then buy from players that have no idea. And make big profit. I've seen it happen. And well.... done it my self. With out a instant buy out. I run no risk of sell my fake posts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info