Next league: Clean-up league

Tala Moana Exiles,

I have played PoE for many years, and it's the first time I have been really disappointed in GGG. Bestiary is totally unwanted content: Abyss and Breach gave us hard and fun encounters and Essence and Perandus interesting crafting/loot. Bestiary tries both and fails both. And we didn't need new mechanics regarding world encounters and crafting anyway. There are already plenty of those in the game.

On top of this, all the news GGG is giving us lately seems to be about mtx's half of the time. It's really getting out of control. So they have wasted their time on Bestiary and now on an overload of mtx's. The game is stagnating and players are leaving.

All these new shenanigans are completely obsolete, because there are so many things left unattended which could use serious rework. I think they should focus on those things for the next league, hence "clean-up league".

Here is a list of pending features that could use some redesign:

- The Pantheon: it's a chaotic mess now, and no player is paying attention to this. It hardly gives any flavour to your character and just adds some insignificant weird stuff. One option could be to make the bonuses more interesting, but each time with a drawback associated. It would allow build diversity and you could still choose to ignore it, if you don't want to work around the drawbacks to get the benefits.

- Useless skills: Elemental hit, Chance to Flee, Cast on Death, Freeze Mine, Vigilant Strike,... rarely see any use.

- Useless items: Veil of the night anyone? And still a bunch of flavourless leveling items.

- Ascendancies: 3.2 did a great work with most ascendancies and it has been a huge step in the right direction! But it seems like they stopped halfway: why do some ascendancy classes have 14 points and others only 12? And while we're at that: eventually we're picking 8 points, so shouldn't 16 ascendancy tree points be the logical number? Now we are taking 66% of some ascendancies, it's more about choosing which points not to get.

- The hall of grandmasters: This should be one of the most elite end-game maps with huge rewards. It's one of the coolest concepts in the game. Making this map counting harder would also encourage the very niche pvp scene.

- A true competitive end-game (also for Standard players): 1 daily try to get as far as possible in a randomly generated endless dungeon, each room getting more crazy than the last (e.g.: 1 random map mod added to each next room), would be awesome. It would make PoE more competitive (daily winner who gets the furthest before dying) and interactive. They could also inculde grandmaster encounters in this dungeon.

- The Forsaken Masters: once you level them to 8, you just start ignoring them. Their missions could use some rework, especially Catarina and Haku. There should be more rewards if you continue helping them. Just make helping them fun and worthy, instead of mandatory to level them. And shame on you Vagan, Daresso would not be proud of you!

- Certain game mechanics: Ignite is the most obvious one to mention, but there are some other mechanics to be looked at.

- Performance: I still can't play Hardcore because of slow motion/fast forward moments.

- Feel free to complete this list!
Last edited by Soepkieken on Mar 22, 2018, 10:36:33 AM
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2018, 1:36:43 PM
I only think about Pantheon when I get a Divine Vessel drop... which is "rarely" and "short lived". Very few of them are worth thinking about.

Veil of Night is an Easter Egg... a throw back to D2.

The Hall of the Grandmasters might as well not exist. It's not even part of the game. It's a place for people to show off. Great. Keep it separate.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Mar 21, 2018, 12:47:52 PM
"
Soepkieken wrote:
Tala Moana Exiles,

I have played PoE for many years, and it's the first time I have been really disappointed in GGG. Bestiary is totally unwanted content: Abyss and Breach gave us hard and fun encounters and Essence and Perandus interesting crafting/loot. Bestiary tries both and fails both. And we didn't need new mechanics regarding world encounters and crafting anyway. There are already plenty of those in the game.

On top of this, all the news GGG is giving us lately seems to be about mtx's half of the time. It's really getting out of control. So they have wasted their time on Bestiary and now on an overload of mtx's. The game is stagnating and players are leaving.

All these new shenanigans are completely obsolete, because there are so many things left unattended which could use serious rework. I think they should focus on those things for the next league, hence "clean-up league".

Here is a list of pending features that could use some redesign:

- The Pantheon: it's a chaotic mess now, and no player is paying attention to this. It hardly gives any flavour to your character and just adds some insignificant weird stuff. One option could be to make the bonuses more interesting, but each time with a drawback associated. It would allow build diversity and you could still choose to ignore it, if you don't want to work around the drawbacks to get the benefits.

- Useless skills: Elemental hit, Chance to Flee, Cast on Death, Freeze Mine, Vigilant Strike,... rarely see any use.

- Useless items: Veil of the night anyone? And still a bunch of flavourless leveling items.

- Ascendancies: 3.2 did a great work with most ascendancies and it has been a huge step in the right direction! But it seems like they stopped halfway: why do some ascendancy classes have 14 points and others only 12? And while we're at that: eventually we're picking 8 points, so shouldn't 16 ascendancy tree points be the logical number? Now we are taking 66% of some ascendancies, it's more about choosing which points not to get.

- The hall of grandmasters: This should be one of the most elite end-game maps with huge rewards. It's one of the coolest concepts in the game. Making this map counting harder would also encourage the very niche pvp scene.

- A true competitive end-game (also for Standard players): 1 daily try to get as far as possible in a randomly generated endless dungeon, each room getting more crazy than the last (e.g.: 1 random map mod added to each next room), would be awesome. It would make PoE more competitive (daily winner who gets the furthest before dying) and interactive. They could also inculde grandmaster encounters in this dungeon.

- The Forsaken Masters: once you level them to 8, you just start ignoring them. Their missions could use some rework, especially Catarina and Haku. There should be more rewards if you continue helping them. Just make helping them fun and worthy, instead of mandatory to level them. And shame on you Vagan, Daresso would not be proud of you!

- Feel free to complete this list!

if they do wat u suggest... they lose all their revenue big time...

u nid to suggest tings that can make them money n aso at the same time improve the game...
34pre98qua
The masters really could use some addition. Like maybe once you finish their mission in a random map you can now buy a small selection of things from them including the currency stack they offer.
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
If GGG did a 'clean-up' league, this forum would also be full of whiny children, but then with 'where is the new content? Stop reusing content lazy devs !' etc etc...
Nah... they could do a legacy league during the clean up. People loved legacy.
Giving the people what they want, is not always what they want.

I don´t want the Devs do give in to the communities backlash all the time.
Clean Up League sounds okay, but no Legacy league for now.

It would feel like an attempt to make up to the people after "fucking up" with Bestiary league.

Tbh the relationship between the Devs and the Playerbase is comparable to that of parent and child.
If the parent lets themselves be bullied by the child the child won´t be happy. It will only repeat the same behaviour.

The Devs should not give in to Forum whiners and Reddit Flamers. They should do what they want.
Everybody stay in their lane. Constructive criticism, suggestions and feedback between Devs and Playerbase are totally fine. But please no direct decision making on content from the playerbase.

Last edited by NoDiscoSisqoOrCalypso on Mar 21, 2018, 3:27:34 PM
Fix LEO pvp missions are garbage, no consideration for character level wtf?
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
I’m not sure how you arrived at the conclusion that HoGM is not elite end game. I made a HoGM farmer last league and sold completions all league and less than half of one percent of players have even completed it still. That includes all of my customers last league. It is still very much elite end game, not to say it can’t be done, but the builds are few and usually purposed for it.

All that said on the topic, the rewards do seem underwhelming compared to the effort (but so does all of poe)
"
I’m not sure how you arrived at the conclusion that HoGM is not elite end game. I made a HoGM farmer last league and sold completions all league and less than half of one percent of players have even completed it still. That includes all of my customers last league. It is still very much elite end game, not to say it can’t be done, but the builds are few and usually purposed for it.

All that said on the topic, the rewards do seem underwhelming compared to the effort (but so does all of poe)

Well yeah, it cannot be considered end-game because there is nothing dropping there that cannot drop somewhere else. End-game content (Atziri, Uber, Elder,...) all have special item drops associated with them.
Also, the level of the zone is too low.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info