Bestiary is fun. Trading is fine. Labyrinth is awesome.

I thought i bring a little positivity to this dreadfully negative forum with my cheerfull and sunny opinions thoughts.

Bestiary: This is a fun little addition to the game and i cant undestand the whine about a game mechanic you dont have to partisipate in any way. Seriously! Its like hitting you thumb with a hammer and then whining it hurts. Dont like bestiary? well dont capture beasts then. Problem solved. Its not like its in anyway mandatory.

Trade: Little annoyance sometimes when buyin cheap crap but nothing to lose your shit for. No complaints.

Labyrinth: Propably the best addition to this game EVER! Only Place where i actually feel threatened and are scared to die. And the best thing is that you get to open treasure chests and enchant your gear as a reward. So much fun! So much loot!
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2018, 11:56:30 AM
"
Laskinaama wrote:
about a game mechanic you dont have to partisipate in any way

That's the problem. People would rather skip than play it, which means it's a shit mechanic.
Look at the opposite example - how many ppl do you see skipping and complaining about breaches/abysses ?
threads like this don't bring positivity. They just give people a chance to bring out more negativity and contribute nothing to the discussion.

Sure... there are people who like Bestiary. I don't mind the idea of it. If they get rid of the nets in our inventory, it should make a good addition to the core game. I see it as an ideal time to add a currency pouch that would keep frequently used currencies out of our inventory.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Mar 21, 2018, 7:58:45 AM
Well played? I don't think so it's see through like my girls underwear .
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
"
Laskinaama wrote:
I thought i bring a little positivity to this dreadfully negative forum with my cheerfull and sunny opinions thoughts.

Oh, you're the guy Chris Wilson always asks what to develop next when he's out of ideas where to tighten the RNG screw next?

Nice to meet you.
Ok, so how much did you get paid by GGG to make these statements?

But seriously, even playing on standard softcore so no netting the extra lag and now rubberbanding (I hadn't had any problems with this since Lockstep was implemented) is making it very difficult to enjoy playing right now.

Hey, players are calling it like they see it so high number of negative posts right now is the result of many, many playing problems we're experiencing. If GGG had smooth play (no lag or rubberbanding) then there would be a lot fewer negative threads so it's just basic cause and effect. Bestiary causes a slowdown of the speed meta and has clunky functionality coupled with much more frequent lag and now a noticeable amount of rubberbanding and the OP thinks the players shouldn't be so negative. You sir sound like a PoE fan boy. Don't get me wrong, I like PoE a lot and these current technical problems won't drive me out (as my Closed Beta supporter tag and my playing with my cute Kiwi pet companion attests to my longevity... I'd buy an "I survived PoE desync button or T-shirt") but right now the additional performance problems (more than we usually have to put up with to play) are a huge impediment to playing enjoyment.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Laskinaama wrote:
i cant undestand the whine about a game mechanic you dont have to partisipate in any way. Seriously! Its like hitting you thumb with a hammer and then whining it hurts. Dont like bestiary? well dont capture beasts then. Problem solved. Its not like its in anyway mandatory.

Except people play for challenges, and to get those it is mandatory. Last I checked there were 8 challenges that are 100% bestiary.
Bestiary

I think people are frustrated with Bestiary because it had a lot of potential and some cool, ambitious ideas went into it. The execution wasn't great. I've seen a lot of people saying Bestiary would've been one of the all time greats if the devs spent another month polishing it. I'm inclined to agree with this - it feels like big goals collided with an inflexible deadline.

Bestiary League and Patch 3.2 launched on the 28th of February, which is less than a month ago. If you include hotfixes, GGG have released 13 updates since then. On average, that is more frequent than an update every two days. It's hard to paint that as a smooth launch.

I think the team deserve a lot of credit for pumping out so many fixes and improvements in that period of time. However them feeling obligated to make so many changes after launch will naturally raise questions about its condition at launch - and that is not unfair.

Trade

I think trade's in a fine place atm. The recent-ish improvements to the API have eliminated a lot of the occasional frustrations I'd experience. Every now and then you message someone who's in the middle of a Lab run or something, but that's hardly a game-ruining moment to have.

Labyrinth

I like the Lab. I wish they'd make the Trials in the Acts optional and make adjustments to the Trials which spawn in Maps so that they're more consistent. When you're playing your first character in an SSF league, neither the frequency with which you find them - nor the chance of getting one you've done previously - feels particularly great. They really are time-gating at its worst.

But I'm a fan of the Labyrinth proper. I like the differing boss fight mechanics, the multiple layers of optional challenge for increased rewards, and the overall oppressive vibe of the place. You don't want to die and lose an entire run, but it can be good at tempting you to take risks - and this is an example of your choices mattering, which is a Good Thing in a game.

Simply put, it has a failure state. It punishes mistakes.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Mar 21, 2018, 8:48:49 AM
"
Laskinaama wrote:
i cant undestand the whine about a game mechanic you dont have to partisipate in any way.

I don't think that's why people dislike Beastiary, otherwise they'd just all go play standard. People are whining because they want to experience Beastiary except there's little to experience. You do map after map after map with little interaction with the mechanics of the league.

This league was great for leveling up as you found plenty of beasts, you didn't kill them in 2 seconds and you found many different recopies that kind of made it exciting.

Once you hit end game though this goes away. The yellow/red beasts are few in number and the encounter is over in 10 seconds or less with little in return as you've probably got most of the beast recopies by time you hit end game. The spirit beasts them selves are rare and gated behind RNG, unless you want to spend currency trading for it which makes it seem lack luster compared to finding one in a map and catching it.

People play the league because they want to play the content it has to offer and Beastiary kind of makes it hard to experience its content..
"
Lothorienn wrote:
"
Laskinaama wrote:
about a game mechanic you dont have to partisipate in any way

That's the problem. People would rather skip than play it, which means it's a shit mechanic.
Look at the opposite example - how many ppl do you see skipping and complaining about breaches/abysses ?

Who will skip it? Not me. Not any friends i have playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info