[3.5] Scion Aurabot with Shavronnes - 14 Auras 3 Curses

Hello there,

Before anything else, thanks for your post, giving some ideas and helping understanding some things.

I'm still struggling right now about which direction to go (which class/ascendancy) and how tweaking the build to get the most of it in the setup i'm gonna running.

The idea behind is there :

I'm gonna play support for a friend (mostly duo then).
He gonna play Duelist - Gladiator. Reave (physical) oriented MF, pure phys if I remember correctly on his gem setup, except Hatred and Herald of Ash on his "solo version").
Here's his PoB Pastbin : https://pastebin.com/iyFuXHCj

The restrictions are quite basic but (and i know), not optimized in term of "meta" :
1- Reave, nothing else. No WanderKB, WindeRipper or whatever "meta". He want to test and play that skill.
2- Not so much space for modification on his gear, due to the concept of the build, to reach out 81 IIQ and 244 IIR (on paper)

I'm having hard time to get the full picture of the duo and how to tweak your build (and maybe his?) to get the most out of it as he not gonna have much from Wrath and Anger if he's full Physical i suppose.
"
Ae_Evo wrote:
Hello there,

Before anything else, thanks for your post, giving some ideas and helping understanding some things.

I'm still struggling right now about which direction to go (which class/ascendancy) and how tweaking the build to get the most of it in the setup i'm gonna running.

He gonna play Duelist - Gladiator. Reave (physical) oriented MF, pure phys if I remember correctly on his gem setup, except Hatred and Herald of Ash on his "solo version").

The restrictions are quite basic but (and i know), not optimized in term of "meta" :
1- Reave, nothing else. No WanderKB, WindeRipper or whatever "meta". He want to test and play that skill.
2- Not so much space for modification on his gear, due to the concept of the build, to reach out 81 IIQ and 244 IIR (on paper)

I'm having hard time to get the full picture of the duo and how to tweak your build (and maybe his?) to get the most out of it as he not gonna have much from Wrath and Anger if he's full Physical i suppose.

If you are looking for the most damage output have him go crit phys reave (Binos kitchen knife is a great starting weapon for this.) I would still try to fit anger and wrath in our build because even though they don’t directly increase his damage because of what seems to be no scaling, he will have a lot of attack speed and you will give him even more making these 2 auras still provide a hefty amount of damage. I would recommend playing scion ascendancy as this guide recommends taking necro and guardian getting the best of both worlds for offense and defense. If you need an idea of what the character looks like fully setup you can import my character into pob i posted the link like 2 posts ago. But yeah I would just recommend a typical max auras character there really isn’t any way to specialize it since we run ALL the auras you could turn off anger and wrath if you really wanted to and put on offensive blasphemy curses instead.
I wanted to leave a comment and say that really enjoy playing this build. Having others want to be your friend just because you have auras is funny and happens all the time.

The biggest thing i wanted to leave here...which I had not seen, was to use 5% reduced mana cost jewels in the build if you go double curse.

With 6 reduced mana cost jewels and the watchers eye, - mana while using clarity, and a conquerors efficiency jewel you can have 0 mana cost lightning ball curses.

This would allow us to use zealots oath 100% of the time since before you would need to use life to cast the curse and stop the energy shield recharge.

I haven't tested it completely but this might be a nice option for people that want to try out something different.

Once again, this and a few other builds combined has been an enjoyable experience.
Last edited by Alawlin on Jul 3, 2018, 5:39:48 PM
"
Ae_Evo wrote:
Hello there,

Scion only have one ascendancy - ascendant.
You have to start in witch path (necromancer) and them go to templar path (guardian).

ASCENDANCY
- Intelligence
- Passive Point
- Necromancer
- Passive Point
- Path of the Witch
- Strenght and Intelligence
- Passive Point
- Guardian

Why your friend only goes with physical damage?
If he was a duelist slayer immune to physical reflect i understand, but gladiator?
Is he using brutality support? if yes, he can swap it for other support gem and all auras will work for him.
If he only do physical damage, elemental and chaos auras wont work for him, just disable them.
"
Alawlin wrote:
I wanted to leave a comment and say that really enjoy playing this build. Having others want to be your friend just because you have auras is funny and happens all the time.

The biggest thing i wanted to leave here...which I had not seen, was to use 5% reduced mana cost jewels in the build if you go double curse.

With 6 reduced mana cost jewels and the watchers eye, - mana while using clarity, and a conquerors efficiency jewel you can have 0 mana cost lightning ball curses.

This would allow us to use zealots oath 100% of the time since before you would need to use life to cast the curse and stop the energy shield recharge.

I haven't tested it completely but this might be a nice option for people that want to try out something different.

Once again, this and a few other builds combined has been an enjoyable experience.

This build use "curse on hit" you dont need to reserve any mana for them.
You can go with 3 curses if you have an amulet corrupted with +1 curse.
I only use curses on bosses, i dont need them on trash moobs.
To apply curses use ball lightning + curse on hit + curse.
It only cost 4 mana (life), i can apply around 10 curses per map.
watchers eye with - mana while using clarity, is already part of the build

I know there are some jewels with "5% reduced mana cost" but i dont know how they gona work, if the skill cost 10 mana, 5% reduced cost is 0,5 mana?
Yes, look at my profile. I use 5 or 6 of them in my build and ball lightning at that point costs 0 mana, therefor you can spam lightning non stop through the maps and also not stop ES recharge because usually that would cost you life.

I use the -10 mana eye also.
The mana cost reduction from jewels only really helps your mana reservation. The watcher's eye is what is making your skill free. The -10 mana cost eye reduces the cost of any cast. Making your ball 4 mana at level 1 and your shield charge free. At lvl 20 your ball lightnjng costs 27 once watcher's eye is applied it costs 17. If you were to add a xopec's or elreon ring, you could make your curse setup free at the cost of pariah.
If anyone seems confused about what I am doing with reduced mana cost jewels ON TOP of the -10 watchers eye than continue reading.

Here's the deal, with 6 of them our ball lightning at lvl 1 is 0 mana. There is zero point in lvling out to 20 like mentioned in the thread. This class does no damage, what is level 20 going to succeed.

So when you are going through a map and you feel like casting ball lightning to double curse it would cost you 4 hp. But now it's free so you can spam it non stop whenever.

Normally when you cast a 4 cost hp spell, the game considers that you have been hurt recently. This stops your energy shield recharge.

Now with a 0 cost ball lighting you do not have to worry about ES not recharging if you cast it and also the ability to cast it on other mobs other than the boss. Even million dps carries dont like walking into a door with mobs that kill them instantly but if i double curse they would be safe.

This is obviously my play style but I just felt like it wasnt clear about what I am doing with the character.

With this setup I currently have 2 overpowered chaos resistance temple rings that are far superior to pariah and probably most elreon rings in the entire game.
"
slimz wrote:
https://pastebin.com/Jpa67hNY

There is the pastebin for you.

I test yours PoB and you have Purity's level 21.
Devotion passive and conquerors potency is doing nothing?
Hi, I was wondering if you could take a look at this tank variant I made:

https://pastebin.com/3mrXWvLB

75/75 block aegis aurora with 100k armor (2k ES on block), uses the solaris pantheon for reduced crits to enable reckless defence, uses cyclopean coil for shock+ignite immunity and ES.

9 auras, 3 curses, scorching ray debuff, 7k ES but insane defensive layering (easily AFK in packs).
Last edited by Novalisk on Jul 11, 2018, 11:44:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info